• Show
Clear All

Re: painless childbirth

Did it au natural and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by iam_muslimah View Post
      Did it au natural and proud!
      I did too with the second one! I had a shot of diamorphine for the first because I was in too much pain but still hours away from giving birth.
      "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Also depends on who does it as well. If you have a rookie doc doing your epidural, it's a bit scary. Because the whole thing is basically a game of nerves. You have to get it right the first time lol. It is such a sensitive matter and if God forbid they do it wrong, you get a whole host of other problems.
        Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

that is the kind of thread you dont read when you"re single

but then there is much worse than the needle

if someone had made it haram, I think my e-mail of protestation would be more painful than 10 childbirths
          My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

I read that the Prophet (SAW) birth causes his mother no pain.
            La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by muslimgirl93 View Post
              What did the needle feel like?
              In my case i didnt feel the needle at all. I was scared to get it and i was so sure it would be painful but nope, didnt feel it.

Comment

Here most people give birth natural, as there is a policy ( I have no idea if it's an official policy) to not use the needle. I think more than 90% of the women give birth natural. So yeah it would probably not be an option for me, if I would ever give birth. And I'm an huge wuss. I can't handle pain.

Perhaps a bit offtopic but i've heard from several people that all the sins of a woman would be forgiven if she gives birth. One lady even claimed that was one of the main reasons she got pregnant with her last child. Is this true? I mean I'm sure lots of sins will be washed away, because giving birth is painful, but all of them?
                Allahumma ighfir lil muslimeena wal-muslimaat, wal-mu'mineena wal-mu'minaat, al-ahyaa'i minhom wal-amwat
                If God grants me life, I shall see to it that even the lonely shepherd in the mountains of San’a shall have his share in the wealth of the community
                Umar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb

Comment

painless childbirth

My mom is forcing me to have natural birth but I know I can't do it, stick that needle in me doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
                    My mom is forcing me to have natural birth but I know I can't do it, stick that needle in me doc.
                    Just tell the doctor you want an epidural when you get in there. He's not legally allowed to listen to your mother and he will do it anyway.

Comment

That's what I'm planning to do. I don't think she'll be there for my birth but she's trying really hard to stop me from getting the epidural. She keeps saying if I get an epidural I'm going to have be brain dead and go in a como. She's trying hard to stop me.

Comment

That's what I'm planning to do. I don't think she'll be there for my birth but she's trying really hard to stop me from getting the epidural. She keeps saying if I get an epidural I'm going to have be brain dead and go in a como. She's trying hard to stop me.
                        She's just worried about you mashaAllah. My mom would just tell me to suck it up and stop being such a baby and then tell me how she gave birth in the worst blizzard of the century without any painkillers and bla bla bla lol. :rotfl:

But yeh there are popular alternatives to epidurals, so if she is scared, maybe discussing these with her might calm her down and she could compromise http://voices.yahoo.com/pain-relief-...28.html?cat=68
                        Last edited by |Sister|; 17-03-14, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                          She's just worried about you mashaAllah. My mom would just tell me to suck it up and stop being such a baby and then tell me how she gave birth in the worst blizzard of the century without and painkillers and bla bla bla lol. :rotfl:

But yeh there are popular alternatives to epidurals, so if she is scared, maybe discussing these with her might calm her down and she could compromise http://voices.yahoo.com/pain-relief-...28.html?cat=68
                          Haha that was hilarious, I'm sorry I laughed but do parent's exaggerate or are these real stories? All my mother said was she was cleaning the house the whole night until I almost popped out. She's like it's not that painful, it'll go by fast.

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out nd show her.

Comment

Haha that was hilarious, I'm sorry I laughed but do parent's exaggerate or are these real stories? All my mother said was she was cleaning the house the whole night until I almost popped out. She's like it's not that painful, it'll go by fast.

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out nd show her.
                            No my mom really did to that, she was walking around, shopping, boarding windows, ect right up until the birth. But she expects me to be tough and stoic like her. I don't even think a steel wall is as tough as her :rotfl:

My mom does say that being on your knees and holding onto things/pulling makes your back and tummy hurt less, and I'm inclined to believe that, since that is the position that Allah told Maryam(ra) to be in (he told her to grab onto the trunk of the date palm tree and pull it).

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                              No my mom really did to that, she was walking around, shopping, boarding windows, ect right up until the birth. But she expects me to be tough and stoic like her. I don't even think a steel wall is as tough as her :rotfl:

My mom does say that being on your knees and holding onto things/pulling makes your back and tummy hurt less, and I'm inclined to believe that, since that is the position that Allah told Maryam(ra) to be in (he told her to grab onto the trunk of the date palm tree and pull it).
                              boarding up windows? lulz

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                                boarding up windows? lulz
                                Yah it was a blizzard. they would've been busted out by the wind lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X