No announcement yet.

Is extemism a problem amongst Muslims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is extemism a problem amongst Muslims?

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    I am an extremist and I'm proud. I am an extremist and I'm proud. I am an extremist ad I'm proud. Embracing my extremism
    Allahu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed12 View Post
      Allahu Akbar
      Cause she's an extremist? Only counts if it's an extremist in the kitchen
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
        Cause she's an extremist? Only counts if it's an extremist in the kitchen
        Your not funny so don't try act funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed12 View Post
          Your not funny so don't try act funny.
          Aww. Sorry, did you lose your funny bone? Listen, I know you couldn't care less for me, and I feel the same about you. I'm only being civil and ribbing you at the same time. I can't stand extremists of a certain nature. I don't mind anybody practicing their deen to the best of their ability, but when people try using it to defend their own prejudices and justify corrupt actions, i'll stand up.

Sister was just having a laugh, but it's clear to see you've got a chip on your shoulder where i'm concerned. Not that I care much.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Aww. Sorry, did you lose your funny bone? Listen, I know you couldn't care less for me, and I feel the same about you. I'm only being civil and ribbing you at the same time. I can't stand extremists of a certain nature. I don't mind anybody practicing their deen to the best of their ability, but when people try using it to defend their own prejudices and justify corrupt actions, i'll stand up.

Sister was just having a laugh, but it's clear to see you've got a chip on your shoulder where i'm concerned. Not that I care much.
            I care about everyone.who is my brother in Islam. I love you for the sake of Allah, and you should too.

Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik (may God be pleased with him), who was the servant of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

“None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself”

[Bukhari and Muslim]

Comment

Pardon me if I find it difficult that you 'love' me. In fact, I know several members on here probably hate my posts and don't view me in very positive light. Truth is, that's life and I've grown the requisite thick skin not to care. Even the nicest smelling rose has thorns to protect itself as the saying goes.

Comment

There IS such a thing as extremism amongst Muslims, and you'd be naļve to overlook this. Just because the kaffir exploit their own bandwagon on the subject for propaganda, doesn't mean the Ummah itself doesn't have an issue with extremism. I won't try and justify the actions of people who would use my religion to justify their actions I believe are against Islamic principle and neither should other Muslims. If you sit there every single time going 'Yeah, don't worry, i'm sure there's some justification we can find' what message does that send to the Ummah? That we can carte blanche everything because somebody or other will support it?

This isn't about supporting kaffir, so get that idea out the way first and foremost. It's about correcting those within Islam itself that are taking liberties to justify their actions by using abstract and narrow contexts. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say, the Muslims introduced these little cracks themselves 1400 years later and are now split as a result, not because kaffir outright caused them. They just happened to speed up the process and take advantage.

Why is it then you got Saudi Arabia and all the other UAE states freely trading with kaffir at the expense of their fellow Muslims? Isn't that hypocritical to do so.

Constant Hope, of course this topic of "extremism in the Ummah" regards the interest s of the enemies of Islam because they use the term against any who oppose them and want Islam.

There was a recent conference in Abu Dhabi of government ulama and officials from throughout the world addressing the issue of extremism, peace, and Islam. Did you attend it? Or did you read about it? Qulliamite Ed hussain wrote about it as did several others in the Gulfnews, The National, and Khaleej Times. Shaykh Abdullah nin Bayyah was a prominent speaker.

As I mentioned before, the REAL problem facing the Muslim Ummah is the absence of a caliph and an Islamic state. Without them, there are mulitude of leaders and opinions all given similar authority causing chaos, division, weakness. If you were on a perilous journey of life and death and instead of a single leader, you had dozens all shouting and rendering declarations, then your journey would be far more perilous.
                The requirement for a single caliph and central Islamic state are unanimously agreed upon by the four schools of,jursiprudence and others.
                a caliph is what is needed to reign in excessiveness and to portray a proper Islamic position.

But the term "extremism" has definite connotations tied to how the enemies of Islam view Muslims and Islamic groups. This issue is about Islamic thought represented by terms. This term did not originate with Muslims, rather with how the prodomately disbeleivers and secularists choose to coin and isolate Islamic political groups and leaders.

I believe in original Islamic thought, not following the ideological misguidance of those who seek to obstruct the message of Islam and undermine Islam. use of terms like "extremism, Islamist, etc" are not aceptable to authentic Islamic thinking needed to revive Islam. As others have mentioned, the Allah and His Messenger (saaw) successfully instructed the Muslim Ummah how to address each other and legitimate differences.
                Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Akhi, as I've mentioned several times, take the kaffir out the equation and their 'extremism' definition in the way they use it to split and isolate Muslims and further their secular agenda. There IS a very real issue in the Ummah amongst Muslims ourselves for the very reason you mentioned, that we don't have a single caliph and Islamic state to unite under, and we all know the only time that's happening is the end of days as it has been written to occur.

I'm on about 'extremism' in the sense of those fractured divisions that cause Muslims to say bad things about other Muslims, and call for all sorts of things to be done, not in the spirit of Islam to address differences whilst they hide behind religious pre-texts to justify their hate and actions. It happens when people become disillusioned and unable to balance deen and dunya correctly, and tilt too far to religion where they begin to see things in very narrow context, and only use very, very specific hadith, Qu'ran verses etc. to support themselves.

Islam is like the human body. It all needs to function cohesively to work at its best. Inshallah the people that currently don't find the balance and ability to see things with a balanced view of all the wider context and ability to use all the variables from Qu'ran and Hadith do so in future, because it's damaging to see what's happening to the Ummah.

Some people just go too far in justifying things that don't really have an Islamic basis, because they feel they're defending fellow Muslims from kaffir, but in fact they should stand apart and condemn the actions that aren't in Islam, not try and make justifications you know have no part of the religion.

A sister said we should make excuses for our fellow Muslims, and whilst I agree we should; there's a specific limit to what we should make excuses on, and those are things that don't fall outside of Islamic boundaries and spirit.

Comment

Working...
                  X