No announcement yet.

Is extemism a problem amongst Muslims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is extemism a problem amongst Muslims?

Now, I read the posting rules clearly pertaining to posting topics, and from my understanding this topic is allowed to be discussed providing proper adaab is maintained

This is the definition of extremism via Google:

Extremism

noun

noun: extremism; plural noun: extremisms

1. the holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism.

"the dangers of religious extremism"

synonyms: fanaticism, radicalism, zealotry, zeal, fundamentalism, dogmatism, bigotry, militancy, activism; More

sectarianism, chauvinism, partisanship

"the dangers of political extremism"

antonyms: moderation
    Now, in my time here on the forum, I feel I've come across a range of people, and within that I would say I've come across many, many viewpoints. But some on here have struck me as being extremist in nature. That is to say that they basically met the above definition and synonyms and discussion is basically done in futility. Do many feel this is a growing problem in the Ummah and it's hampering our ability to converse with our fellow Muslims on very key topics?
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Re: Is extemism a problem amongst Muslims?

should you not be defining extremism in light if the Qur'an and sunnah as opposed to Google??
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
      should you not be defining extremism in light if the Qur'an and sunnah as opposed to Google??
      Care to provide a definition then?

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
        Care to provide a definition then?
        I'd assume you'd know seen as though you judged some by it?
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
          I'd assume you'd know seen as though you judged some by it?
          You deliberately trying to be rhetorical. I don't know the definition of extremism according to the Qu'ran and Sunnah so told you to provide one. When you going to give one so I can stop using the definition i'd find in every single English dictionary with attached synonyms or do you not know and just wanted to make an unhelpful statement?.

Comment

Extremists: Taliban. Al-Qaeda, Al-Shebab

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
              Extremists: Taliban. Al-Qaeda, Al-Shebab
              Good muslims: Qulliam Foundation?
              By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                Good muslims: Qulliam Foundation?
                You're just going from one extreme to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                  You're just going from one extreme to the other.
                  Just curious really. Good to know you don't swing that way though.
                  By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
                  www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Assalamualaikum brothers,

lol, the thread just started and already conflicts arised...

If Muslims simply observed the command of Allah to be lenient and gentle with each other in speech, we can erase most of the problems between ourselves :)

"And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you." (Quran 3:159)

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good preaching, and reason with them in a way that is best" (Quran 16:125)

Comment

Originally posted by imranies View Post
                      Assalamualaikum brothers,

lol, the thread just started and already conflicts arised...

If Muslims simply observed the command of Allah to be lenient and gentle with each other in speech, we can erase most of the problems between ourselves :)

"And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you." (Quran 3:159)

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good preaching, and reason with them in a way that is best" (Quran 16:125)
                      :jkk: for the post, but this is kind of what I was getting at. Not saying that both sides have to be on two extremes, but even if just one is, it can make dialogue a very big problem. Now, if the person of the extreme finds support in others, and then brings further support from others, we end up with a whole group of people at an extreme, and this means we'll never be able to get meaning dialogue.

What sad state of affairs does that then bring in the Ummah, when we can't even agree on things to further benefit the Ummah, and most disturbingly, are actually driving people away from Islam, or from joining, because of that extremism.

Comment

Double post. Deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                          Just curious really. Good to know you don't swing that way though.
                          Plus they've allied themselves with Tommy Robinson. I never knew much about Quilliam until this incidence; defacto enemy of Muslims.

Comment

There's two kinds of extremism at play really.

The one side above I mentioned, and the other side on the complete opposite of Islam mostly labelled as kaffir by the majority groups. So, because they're labelled as kaffir by the rest, let's automatically discount them as being Muslim in the first place as they wouldn't meet the requisite group identification 'Muslim' that we're trying to discuss. So, it becomes a case of 'moderates' who get lumped in with the above mentioned group, and extremists; who actually don't waver in their extremist view to the detrimental point of as I've mentioned labelling 'moderates' kaffir too.

So to them, anybody that doesn't hang completely in line with an extremist viewpoint = kaffir, or as close a title they can possibly give.

When this happens, and the group continues to swell with disillusioned people swinging from not practicing often, to being swept up into blinded religious fervour, we're kind of getting a 'cult' like mentality, that it's a 'Them and US' kind of situation in the Ummah. Very dangerous, and very unhealthy grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                              There's two kinds of extremism at play really.

The one side above I mentioned, and the other side on the complete opposite of Islam mostly labelled as kaffir by the majority groups. So, because they're labelled as kaffir by the rest, let's automatically discount them as being Muslim in the first place as they wouldn't meet the requisite group identification 'Muslim' that we're trying to discuss. So, it becomes a case of 'moderates' who get lumped in with the above mentioned group, and extremists; who actually don't waver in their extremist view to the detrimental point of as I've mentioned labelling 'moderates' kaffir too.

So to them, anybody that doesn't hang completely in line with an extremist viewpoint = kaffir, or as close a title they can possibly give.

When this happens, and the group continues to swell with disillusioned people swinging from not practicing often, to being swept up into blinded religious fervour, we're kind of getting a 'cult' like mentality, that it's a 'Them and US' kind of situation in the Ummah. Very dangerous, and very unhealthy grounds.
                              Anjem Chaudhary is also a good example of an extremist that is out of touch with reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X