Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Questions

Times
    I want to start praying the 5 times a day regularly, which is something I have not done(born Muslim but never practiced or thought about religion in my teens/most of my 20's) I have tried many times to pray all 5 prayers in a day but fail each time...I either procrastinate & dont pray or I get frustrated because I keep forgetting how many rukkas I have done in a prayer...also I fall into a bad habit which makes me hate myself & feel I cant pray after I have done...THAT.....

To make it easier since I am new to practicing, can I do this?

1 fajr...this is the easiest prayer so it can be done at the exact start time

2. Dhuhr & Asr..these middle prayers are the hardest because a lot of the time I am in a place where I cannot just drop down & pray. Can I do Dhuhr when I get the chance to as long as the time for Asr has not arrived?...then if I am not in a place to pray when Asr arrives can I pray Asr anytime before it is time to pray Maghrib?

3. Maghrib, the same as above

4. Asr is easy...

so my only issues with timing are with the 3 middle prayers.

Recitations during the prayer
    Isn't mentioning the names of Muhammad & Ibrahim during salat considered polytheistic? Every time I read the part of the prayer(in my prayer booklet) with them in it, that is where my thoughts go... "this is supposed to be worship to Allah/God yet we are mentioning two of the prophets"

Re: Prayer Questions

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
    Times
    I want to start praying the 5 times a day regularly, which is something I have not done(born Muslim but never practiced or thought about religion in my teens/most of my 20's) I have tried many times to pray all 5 prayers in a day but fail each time...I either procrastinate & dont pray or I get frustrated because I keep forgetting how many rukkas I have done in a prayer...also I fall into a bad habit which makes me hate myself & feel I cant pray after I have done...THAT.....

To make it easier since I am new to practicing, can I do this?

1 fajr...this is the easiest prayer so it can be done at the exact start time

2. Dhuhr & Asr..these middle prayers are the hardest because a lot of the time I am in a place where I cannot just drop down & pray. Can I do Dhuhr when I get the chance to as long as the time for Asr has not arrived?...then if I am not in a place to pray when Asr arrives can I pray Asr anytime before it is time to pray Maghrib?

3. Maghrib, the same as above

4. Asr is easy...

so my only issues with timing are with the 3 middle prayers.

Recitations during the prayer
    Isn't mentioning the names of Muhammad & Ibrahim during salat considered polytheistic? Every time I read the part of the prayer(in my prayer booklet) with them in it, that is where my thoughts go... "this is supposed to be worship to Allah/God yet we are mentioning two of the prophets"
    Once the prayer time comes, don't ever try delay

Just jump straight up and do wudu and pray

And no, you can't intentionally miss the prayers and add it to another ahki, it's prescribed times

Last question, mentioning the names of Muhammad and Ibrahim(peace be upon them both) can't be polytheistic. This is because you are only testifying and asking for blessings upon them

Comment

:salams
      Originally posted by Mohamed12 View Post
      Once the prayer time comes, don't ever try delay

And no, you can't intentionally miss the prayers and add it to another ahki, it's prescribed times
      I think you've misunderstood what he meant. He's not praying them out of their prescribed time.

For example, if 'Asr comes in at 5 p.m. and Magrib is at 7 p.m. then one can pray 'Asr up until Maghrib (7 p.m.).
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

I think you've misunderstood what he meant. He's not praying them out of their prescribed time.

For example, if 'Asr comes in at 5 p.m. and Magrib is at 7 p.m. then one can pray 'Asr up until Maghrib (7 p.m.).
        Thanks for the replies, & yes this what you said is what I meant. Sorry if I was not clear :)

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Jazak'Allah Khairun ahki for the correction, I didn't see that :p

Comment

I want to start praying the 5 times a day regularly, which is something I have not done(born Muslim but never practiced or thought about religion in my teens/most of my 20's) I have tried many times to pray all 5 prayers in a day but fail each time...I either procrastinate & dont pray or I get frustrated because I keep forgetting how many rukkas I have done in a prayer...also I fall into a bad habit which makes me hate myself & feel I cant pray after I have done
            I'm just happy nobody jumped on you for saying all that brother. Based on the scholars some on the forum follow, you'd be considered kaffir. That said, you're exactly like most Muslims in the west, and I go with the school of thought that says not denying salah is obligatory but missing it makes you very sinful.

Inshallah though, I think you've made a pretty big step by recognising where the issues are, and trying to attain regular salah 5 times a day is the goal of all Muslims to fulfil a pillar of Islam. Brother Mirror posted up pretty much the answer to what you wanted to know.

A few tips maybe though I can offer that helped me was that waking up for fajr is quite hard if you don't get enough sleep in, so realise how much time you typically sleep for when not fatigued. Try and say getting to bed by 11pm, so you wake up in time for fajr before sunrise. The others though usually become more difficult if you're working, but not impossible. Just need to identify if your workplace accommodates a prayer area or at the very least can accommodate you using somewhere clean. Many of the brothers and sisters have said they simply ask their manager to be excused in order to pray.

Inshallah brother you can use this as a proper springboard to learn even more about the deen :up:
            I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Working...
            X