Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is lamb / sheep / mutton expensive where you live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is lamb / sheep / mutton expensive where you live?

:salams

I visited a halaal shop yesterday and saw lamb. I thought i'd try it since I've never had it before. But then I saw it was 7$ a pound! (4.22gbp for .45 kg). And they were only selling it in 6 pound (2.3kg) chunks...

Is this a normal price for sheep? The beef right next to it was only 1.50 and the chicken 1.98.

Re: Is lamb / sheep / mutton expensive where you live?

Sounds about right for lamb although we can ask for a specific amount in weight/cost.

Comment

I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Lamb is generally 4 dollars a pound here. The prices vary depending on where you go sometimes more sometimes less. Ussually the muslims will give you a break especialy if its for a aqiqah or qurbani.

Comment

Is it true that in America the closer you are to states with an abundance of red meat, it's really cheap? Or does that only apply to non-halal meat and halal abattoirs are more expensive to run thus higher pricing?

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

It seems like i'd save money just having a whole sheep slaughtered for me and then freezing it all?

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post

I visited a halaal shop yesterday and saw lamb. I thought i'd try it since I've never had it before. But then I saw it was 7$ a pound! (4.22gbp for .45 kg). And they were only selling it in 6 pound (2.3kg) chunks...

Is this a normal price for sheep? The beef right next to it was only 1.50 and the chicken 1.98.
              You've never had lamb before? I'm speechless.

Comment

It just isn't the same once it's frozen.

Comment

:wswrwb:

in the UK it's quite expensive,

:jkk:
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Speck of Dust View Post
                    You've never had lamb before? I'm speechless.
                    Yeah I pointed that out in another thread, my mom is a christian who follows old testament dietary laws. That means nothing slaughtered in a non-christian way, and no fish without scales, no shellfish, no camel, rabbit, anything that doesn't have hooves and chew cud, no pork, no birds of prey, no mushrooms, ect....

She doesn't trust the people who kill the sheep/goats/deer so she never bought it for the family :)

Comment

If you do get a whole lamb, they would sell it at a little less price per pound. Probably like $5/ lb maybe.

Lamb I'm not too keen on but goat around my way is $8/lb!! Horrendous!
                      Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Yeah I pointed that out in another thread, my mom is a christian who follows old testament dietary laws. That means nothing slaughtered in a non-christian way, and no fish without scales, no shellfish, no camel, rabbit, anything that doesn't have hooves and chew cud, no pork, no birds of prey, no mushrooms, ect....

She doesn't trust the people who kill the sheep/goats/deer so she never bought it for the family :)
                        I think you'll enjoy lamb, it can become a bit 'greasy' though so do not add much oil.

Comment

^ well I can get a male lamb for 70-80 in the livestock markets around my city or fully grown males for 100-110$. The goats are way more expensive.

Comment

It seems like i'd save money just having a whole sheep slaughtered for me and then freezing it all?
                            We did this once. You can save quite a lot of money, but you're going to need a lot of space to store the meat. Normal fridge/freezers aren't big enough in the UK. American style ones might, but some people keep a smaller chest freezer for meats etc. Might be worth looking into if you want a long term solution to buying red meat cheaply Inshallah.

Comment

wouldnt know, hardly buy red meat.
                              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X