• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My hijab experience

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
    Salaam

So far so good Alhumdullillah.
    I know it has been a couple of months but I don't feel like I am adjusting to it. May God forgive me. I am always having to fix my scarf and I find these youtube tutorials very hard.

Everyone around me wears their scarf so nicely and here is me struggling to wear it properly.

Any advice?
    :wswrwb:
    I had that same problem and had nobody to teach me. When I first started wearing it, it would fall off, get wrinkled, slide around. I was using 6 or 7 pins and it would STILL fall off. Eventually i just learned to wrap it in a way that wouldn't move. Now I fold one side around my head and pin or tie it behind my neck (like tying a headband or bandana). It anchors it.

Like this (brothers don't click): http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thum...-Version-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
      :wswrwb:
      I had that same problem and had nobody to teach me. When I first started wearing it, it would fall off, get wrinkled, slide around. I was using 6 or 7 pins and it would STILL fall off. Eventually i just learned to wrap it in a way that wouldn't move. Now I fold one side around my head and pin or tie it behind my neck (like tying a headband or bandana). It anchors it.

Like this (brothers don't click): http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thum...-Version-2.jpg
      You're right sis.
      I solved my problem.

Thank you all
      "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

get a shayla those stay on no matter what.

Comment

I can't use straight pins. They don't stay or I stab myself in the head.
          I use small safety pins to pin under my chin or to the sides or back of my scarf depending on how I'm styling it and I uses a brooch to pin the remainder of the length when I toss it across my head. I would have to post a picture so you can see. Wearing my hair in a bun also helps grip and keep the scarf in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Believing Woman View Post
            Also u should try crinkle scarves - no need to iron these :)
            I had a crinkle jilbab once and it was my favourite cos', as you've pointed out, it didn't need ironing. I think I bought the fabric from Pratap Fashions in Southall (some 15 years ago) and it was so good that I wanted more, but I went back to the store a year or so later and the range of fabrics had changed so couldn't find it again:( Anyway, I didn't buy it ready made- it was the first jilbab I'd ever made myself and it looked so good even if I do say so myself.... *reminisces*... I miss it now.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Green786 have you tried slide clips for hair? first put your cap on and tie a knot behind your head and then put your scarf around (cotton material) and put the clip on, it's good enough for me so it should work! but it really does depend on the scarf you wear.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
              X