X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hijab experience

Salaam

So far so good Alhumdullillah.
    I know it has been a couple of months but I don't feel like I am adjusting to it. May God forgive me. I am always having to fix my scarf and I find these youtube tutorials very hard.

Everyone around me wears their scarf so nicely and here is me struggling to wear it properly.

Any advice?
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Re: My hijab experience

Can't go wrong with a two piece. It's easy to put on and fast- literally takes seconds. Don't have to worry about pinning it in and all like you would with shals

:wswrwb:
    Last edited by Faith1; 10-03-14, 06:45 PM.
    "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

What type of scarf/style are you trying?

When all else fails, try the easy 1 & 2 peice hijabs. http://www.middleeasternmall.com/-c-45.html

Comment

Dont use silkish material or those scarf that comes with abayas. Get a cotton one. And get those elasticy bands for your hair

A must, safety pin. Get your scarf put it round your head. PIN IT with safety pin. So your hair is covered. What you do with the remaining of the hijab is up to you. That base should do well.

Warning safety pin may irritate your neck so always tuck some hijab to protect your neck.

Bing!
        Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernGirl View Post
          What type of scarf/style are you trying?

When all else fails, try the easy 1 & 2 peice hijabs. http://www.middleeasternmall.com/-c-45.html
          Salaam sis

Are they fitted ones?
          "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

I am scared of pins and I don't know how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
              I am scared of pins and I don't know how to use it.
              Salaams sis

Have u tried the 'no snag hijab pins'. These are used to secure the hijab under the chin area.

The pin has a protected plastic cover over it and is much less likely to snag on scarves then the ordinary safety pins.
              "Do not get attached to what will not stay with you, get closer to The One Who never leaves you"
              (Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Comment

Also u should try crinkle scarves - no need to iron these :)
                "Do not get attached to what will not stay with you, get closer to The One Who never leaves you"
                (Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Comment

Last edited by petals; 25-03-15, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
                    Salaam sis

Are they fitted ones?
                    Yes they are fitted.

Comment

Hope this helps, this youtuber also makes other excellent hijab tutorials.
                      “Verily, when a servant of God prays seeking only His pleasure, his sins fall away just as the leaves have fallen from this tree.”

Comment

Sorry, I don’t do pins.

Comment

I just put it over my head, with both sides hanging down in front (with one side a bit shorter), drape the shorter side and tuck it into my abaya (the neck area) and then pull the long side over around my head from the front, so there's 2 layers....and I'm pretty sure I didn't make sense, But if I did then yay. :p lol
                          Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

Try this style. Very simple: http://youtu.be/stJWElGp8wM

Comment

You guys have not been helpful. .

I'm kidding.

Comment

Working...
                              X