Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor things to do with a baby

assalam alaykum

was just wondering now the weather is getting better where can a 5month old baby be taken out to?

In London.

We have done parks and thinking of taking him to a farm.

out of ideas where else can we take him.. where do you take yours?
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Re: Outdoor things to do with a baby

Wa alaikum salam

Take him to a farm with lots of animals. Baby will be amused and learn as he grow. Point out to him each animal, and even plants. Talk to him about it.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Anywhere is basically a stimulation for baby.

It is shame, I have three kids and don't have a proper answer :/
      Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
        assalam alaykum

was just wondering now the weather is getting better where can a 5month old baby be taken out to?

In London.

Aww Mash Allah. An excited father.

Just so you know, the baby is 5 months not 5 years.

Am sure they wouldn't care whether they were in the toilet or a zoo.

Don't worry yourself too much, enjoy your baby on the sofa, teach them hide and seek.
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Outdoor things to do with a baby

You have to be careful with farms because of the germs and potential diseases there : /

Why not London Zoo (still animals) or Chinatown (random but as a kid, I loved the bright colours) or The Rainforest Cafe (only place where Sales Assistants are dressed up as safari park rangers, which as a 15 year old amazed me so I can only imagine a 5 months old reaction- but that would be whilst you rest or buy your son a few treats) or a flower garden (bright colours again and it's peaceful), a duck pond, nature reserve if you have one.

Museums would be waaaaay too intellectual for him atm unless you take him to The Natural History Museum to see the Dinosaur exhibition- every kid's favourite cause the dinosaurs move and stuff and the movements may make him very happy.

It's a shame they don't do battle re-enacments down there or have caves- that'd be cool. I've seen so many parents there pushing prams with babies that age.

But I wouldn't worry about stuff like that yet. He's only 5 mnths old and won't remember anything! Take him to granny and granddad's (if they're around) and watch how excited he'll be.

NB: I'm not a parent before anyone gets funny ideas, these are ideas based off my younger sister and extended family members.
          Last edited by Meriadoc; 10-03-14, 04:48 PM.
          ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
          U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

assalam alaykum

In London.

Farm might not be a great idea, unless the animal control and hygiene controls are stringent.

EDIT: beaten to it ^^^

Comment

thanks guys about the Farm, didn't even think of that. We were planning on going last sunday but he was a bit moody so didnt. Maybe will wait for him to grow a little more.

btw even if he doesnt go anywhere near the animals is there potential for catching disease?
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                Aww Mash Allah. An excited father.

Just so you know, the baby is 5 months not 5 years.

Am sure they wouldn't care whether they were in the toilet or a zoo.

Don't worry yourself too much, enjoy your baby on the sofa, teach them hide and seek.
                he is a little man in his own right! I've stopped treating him like a baby :p

Comment

we need to take him places because he's frankly bored of looking at my face day in day out :p
                  You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

thanks guys about the Farm, didn't even think of that. We were planning on going last sunday but he was a bit moody so didnt. Maybe will wait for him to grow a little more.

btw even if he doesnt go anywhere near the animals is there potential for catching disease?
                    Yes because he's so young, his immune system won't be able to fight it off as effectively.

--
                    Offtopic: I got an influx of reps asking if I'm actually 15. I'm a lot older, was just looking back at a fond memory.
                    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

There's some kind of butterfly house in London somewhere. My brother took his kids there apparently it's a nice place. I did a quick google search and there seem to be a few. I think my bro went to the Syon Park one and that's meant to be nice, but there are others such as the Natural History Museum as well.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                        we need to take him places because he's frankly bored of looking at my face day in day out :p
                        if nothing else, we could still take him library on sundays. Get him a library card

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          There's some kind of butterfly house in London somewhere. My brother took his kids there apparently it's a nice place. I did a quick google search and there seem to be a few. I think my bro went to the Syon Park one and that's meant to be nice, but there are others such as the Natural History Museum as well.

I heard about that too, I'll look out for it. Thanks :)

Comment

from what i've seen babies behave worse in public settings esp when its warm outside, it seems like a lot of hassle to deal with esp when he's not even going to remember it..

Comment

We really need for him to get used to people and outside. He is usually just home with his amee and not used to outside.

He doesn't take his feed outside and forgets to sleep and cries seeing new faces. Alhamdulilah on saturday we were out all day adn he did really well taking his feed and slept at night too.

i have insha'Allah great plans for him so can't just keep him in the house

Comment

Working...
                              X