Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muzzybee
    replied
    Re: Would you get a prenuptial agreement?

Nope - I am very old fashioned and trust is key for me.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

:wswrwb:

Probably not. I'd have enough trust in her to know we won't end up in a situation like that where we have to write down things in detail.

Leave a comment:

• Slave4akhirah
    replied

:salams

no

Allah azza wa jal is the best guarantor :)

Leave a comment:

• Constant Hope
    replied

I would get a pre-nuptial made but unfortunately they're still not legally active in the UK like the US. And if you get married in the UK now, the imam also register it with UK civil papers, and if you don't, your marriage isn't registered under UK law, That causes problems when having children, tax breaks etc. if you don't.

Leave a comment:

• Musaaafir
    replied

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
    I won't get legally married in the first place. Just a nikkah in masjid
    How about this?

Leave a comment:

• seagulls1999
    replied

I won't get legally married in the first place. Just a nikkah in masjid

Leave a comment:

• AhlulQuran88
    replied

The idea of prenuptial agreement is really nothing more than a stipulation in the marriage contract. If you choose not to that then i think that being content with that which allah blessed you with is more than enough if someone wrongs you then you forgive them in hope that allah pardons you on the day of judgement or you take your right of the one who wronged you on the day of judgement.

When it comes to custody of children then this becomes tricky because say that your ex is a non-practicing or evil or abusive well then and you don't have the law on your side (being a male for the most part) your in a pickle.

Or you can't afford expensive legal representation, you could see your kids become non-muslim or to be less dramatic less practicing over time

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    started a topic Would you get a prenuptial agreement?

Would you get a prenuptial agreement?

:salams I put this in lifestyle because it doesn't really involve marriage, but what happens to the lifestyle of the singleton and his/her children after marriage has ended and they are alone again.

I know the nikah orders Muslims to obey the islamic inheritance laws, but it doesn't work like that in darulkufr. But let's face reality. There are lots of fake and cultural muslims who have no fear of Allah and have no problem taking what is haraam for them to take. Like taking 50% of their partner's property, or stealing the children's custody, or eating the wealth of orphans. It shouldn't exist, but it does.

So would you for your potential to sign a prenup before a legal marriage?

And is it really so awful if you don't? Even if you lost 50% of everything you own, Allah would replace it with something better either in this life or the next; so why be depressed over a mere possibility? Even if it happens, then Allah is the Most Just. You may not ever get divorced, so why worry about it at all?

I'd like to hear your views. No arguing please, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Working...
X