advice for falling asleep quicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for falling asleep quicker

I'm usually bad at falling asleep. It often takes 1 or 2 hours for me to get the sleep, as after initial jump to bed my mind starts to run with all sorts of thoughts for a while. There's been times also when I have completely failed to fall asleep and have been awake for the whole night (though its a while since that happened) Is there any tips on getting sleep quicker?
    your online source of hadiths: http://sunnah.com/
    ask me questions: ask.fm/caetratilegion

Re: advice for falling asleep quicker

Start preparing to sleep about an hour before bed. Switch off TV and other devices and instead read a book for a while. Dim lights if possible. Take a warm bath or shower. Have a glass of warm milk and hopefully you'll be relaxed enough to fall asleep more quickly.
    "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by leela View Post
      Start preparing to sleep about an hour before bed. Switch off TV and other devices and instead read a book for a while. Dim lights if possible. Take a warm bath or shower. Have a glass of warm milk and hopefully you'll be relaxed enough to fall asleep more quickly.
      these above are useful tips add it with wudu(if possible ) and read ayatul kursi +33 subhanallah, 33 alhamdulilah,34 allahuakbar, 10 salawat nabi (all this will cost less than 10 minutes) start your sleeping on the rightside read la ilaha illallah (feel the meaning) untill you sleep try this inshallah
      My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Jog or run around the block some time before bedtime, run until u cant run anymore. I think that could help.

Comment

Think of nothing. Becomes easy once you become use to it.

Comment

Recite durood shareef in abundance when going to sleep.
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Doing physical activities during the day helps but in my experience exercising just before you sleep give can give you more energy.

Trying doing dikr until you sleep and stop yourself from over thinking. Also maybe listen to the quran.
              Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
              “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

Doing a lot of dhikr helps me fall asleep in a matter of minutes. I'm the same way, my mind races a mile a minute. But dhikr usually cures that
                Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Working...
                X