No racism in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No racism in Islam

When I was young I remember hearing that there was this young girl who drank a lot of orange juice (not sure if it was completely natural) and her skin became kind of orangey.

Maybe kind of like bad spray tanned orangey.

Her mother got worried and took her to the doctor and they said....lay off the orange juice.

I think. This was a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
      When I was young I remember hearing that there was this young girl who drank a lot of orange juice (not sure if it was completely natural) and her skin became kind of orangey.

Her mother got worried and took her to the doctor and they said....lay off the orange juice.

Sunny D story. Think it was true but not turning her orange per se. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/to...w-1134703.html

That said, what is the hate for people who skin lighten? I mean, usually they do it because they got bullied, and I guess you could argue that they then might do this to their children which creates a vicious circle, but that can be applied to a lot of other things, such as being hit as a child, then hitting your child and so on and so forth. Like I said, most of them 'harm' themselves at best, but the way they see it is they're trying to be something that will make them feel better.

Going to bully a fat person about being fat and then make fun out of them for trying to lose weight? Same principle really. Doesn't matter whether you feel sad for them, but if you're going to put them down, it's like 'Aww, I feel so sorry they got this insecurity, but also sad they trying to do something about it'.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post

How bizarre. ..

I drink orange juice and eat carrots. .is that why I am tanned..lol
        "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
          How bizarre. ..

I drink orange juice and eat carrots. .is that why I am tanned..lol
          Be careful who you ask. Some folk are really mean or on point depending on your point of view. Some might blurt out, 'nah, you're just dark'. Prejudiced South Asians usually.
          I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Working...
          X