Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No racism in Islam

Salaam All,

I do get the sense that a lot of people want to be lighter skinned than dark. According to recent news increasing number of Africans and Asians women are bleaching their faces and bodies. The consequences of these products can lead to skin cancer.

I come from a South Asian background and a lot of the mother in laws and potential grooms ask if the bride is fair or not. 9 out 10 girls with dark skin get rejected.

Media bombards us with images of fair skinned girls basically saying that fair is beautiful. I have seen women go to many lengths trying to look fairer.

Is it all worth it? No.

God does not look at the colour of our skin but what is in our hearts.

Remember don't judge a book by its cover.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Re: No racism in Islam

I am not sure if it is the media, More so inferiority complex based on history
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
      Salaam All,

I do get the sense that a lot of people want to be lighter skinned than dark. According to recent news increasing number of Africans and Asians women are bleaching their faces and bodies. The consequences of these products can lead to skin cancer.

I come from a South Asian background and a lot of the mother in laws and potential grooms ask if the bride is fair or not. 9 out 10 girls with dark skin get rejected.

Media bombards us with images of fair skinned girls basically saying that fair is beautiful. I have seen women go to many lengths trying to look fairer.

Is it all worth it? No.

God does not look at the colour of our skin but what is in our hearts.

Remember don't judge a book by its cover.
      That is so sad. Are the men dark themselves?
      And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
        History has a lot to do with it. Colonial period started this racial divide and some would say it started before that.
        "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

I don't get this crazy obsession people have with being ''fair.'' It does not define beauty.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
            That is so sad. Are the men dark themselves?
            Some are and some are not.

Comment

The media is keeping it alive

Comment

Some are and some are not
                loool
                Last edited by Strive; 08-03-14, 01:17 PM.
                And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

one guy I knew wanted to marry a white girl to produce white babies, thought he was protecting his future children from discrimination.

weird thought process to combat discrimination
                  "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

one guy I knew wanted to marry a white girl to produce white babies, thought he was protecting his future children from discrimination.

weird thought process to combat discrimination
                    Lool. Not only that they but they could still turn out not white -___-
                    Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzdalifah View Post
                      The media is keeping it alive
                      Meh. I personally don't care. Love my skin; would never wanna be anything else. People need to love themselves first otherwise no one else will
                      Last edited by Rebel101; 08-03-14, 01:26 PM.
                      Gone with the wind.

Comment

Some are and some are not.
                        well that's just hilarious.
                        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                          Meh. I personally don't care. Love my skin; would never wanna be anything else. People need to love themselves first otherwise no one else will
                          I love my skin too

I love ****ing people off who thinl because im black i should be dumb, shouldnt be in charge or i shouldnt know what im talking about

Its still sickening when we have to deal with it from our own brothers and sisters though. Thats when it hurts.

Comment

I love ****ing people off who thinl because im black i should be dumb, shouldnt be in charge or i shouldnt know what im talking about

who still thinks that unless you hang around in some special neighborhoods?

Comment

I love my skin too

Its still sickening when we have to deal with it from our own brothers and sisters though. Thats when it hurts.
                              Lool i remember when I got told I don't talk/act like an African. So I was like, oh really, do tell, how do Africans act/talk?

They replied oh you know they talk ghetto, smoke weeds and skip school; while you talk like us, don't smoke and attend classes.

Why? shouldn't let it hurt you. You should piety the fool who despite islam remains a jahil.
                              Last edited by Rebel101; 08-03-14, 02:00 PM.
                              Gone with the wind.

Comment

Working...
                              X