Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it mention in the Quran about wives traveling alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it mention in the Quran about wives traveling alone?

Saalam,

Ok so my intention was to visit my father in Maryland in April for about a week. I told my husband I wanted to see my father since last year. Which he forgot. I asked if he can come but my husband's job is so demanding he will not make money if he doesn't work. I recently mention to him about seeing my father again. I decided I can go by myself since he has to work. He says that a husband should not let his wife travel alone. I really want to see my father. In Islam can a wife travel alone?

Re: Does it mention in the Quran about wives traveling alone?

Originally posted by akia20 View Post
    Saalam,

Ok so my intention was to visit my father in Maryland in April for about a week. I told my husband I wanted to see my father since last year. Which he forgot. I asked if he can come but my husband's job is so demanding he will not make money if he doesn't work. I recently mention to him about seeing my father again. I decided I can go by myself since he has to work. He says that a husband should not let his wife travel alone. I really want to see my father. In Islam can a wife travel alone?
    Usual circumstances I think say a mahram should travel with you. So if you're able to make the journey by say having a rented car all to yourself, I see no issues at all.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I *think* a woman can't travel alone if its more than 40 miles (?)

Do you have any bros/uncles that can take you? If so ask them
      "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

:salams

Can your husband go and drop you off and come back?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Difference of opinion on the travelling issue.

I've came across the following thus far:

She can not travel alone unless it's a specific distance (can't remember exact measurement they gave).

She can travel with a group of other females.

She must travel with mahram and mahram only.

*As for you, I suggest you speak to a scholar or persuade hubby to accompany you if possible.*
          Last edited by Rebel101; 08-03-14, 05:52 AM.
          Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
            Difference of opinion on the travelling issue.

I've came across the following thus far:

She can travel alone if her safety is ensured.
            Where did you read that opinion?

Also, I think the group of females opinion is only for traveling to Hajj, and only allowed in some maddhabs.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              Where did you read that opinion?

Also, I think the group of females opinion is only for traveling to Hajj, and only allowed in some maddhabs.
              I can't remember. Think Abu Musab answered it, but only in cases of necessity. I'll eidt it out since I can't verify =/

I know it's for hajj and also hijra if in kuffar country which does not allow you freedom to practice deen
              Last edited by Rebel101; 08-03-14, 05:52 AM.
              Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
                I *think* a woman can't travel alone if its more than 40 miles (?)

Do you have any bros/uncles that can take you? If so ask them
                I believe that is the Hanafi opinion which the majority of people follow.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Working...
                X