Anybody eat Caviar??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody eat Caviar??

i meant caviare.Also why is it so damn expensive ?
    “ I try to be El diplomatique ~Abu General El Diplomatique

Re: Anybody eat Caviar??

Not sure if allowed to, but heard it's expensive and tastes like crap, but because it's expensive the 'elites' got to pretend to love it.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      Not sure if allowed to, but heard it's expensive and tastes like crap, but because it's expensive the 'elites' got to pretend to love it.
      This^

I've tried it before because I didn't think there was anything haram about it. It's nasty. Like fish flavored jelly bubbles. :vomit:

I guess it's expensive because it's limited? I mean how many fish eggs can you scoop out of a fish? I've actually seen a video and it was pretty gross. Guy just slit open the female fish and stuck his hand and scooped out all these eggs. If I had seen that first I never would have tried it. But even after trying it, it's just nasty. I wouldn't want it again even if it was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by constant hope View Post
        not sure if allowed to, but heard it's expensive and tastes like crap, but because it's expensive the 'elites' got to pretend to love it.
        ^lol

Comment

Has anybody here ever made it? Like what is the actual recipe for Caviare. I am a bit of a hobby cook myself. Would love to know..

Comment

I think it's sturgeon roe.

My favourite 'caviar' is fried hilsha roe, so much better than that food that the elite gorge on.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck of Dust View Post
              I think it's sturgeon roe.

My favourite 'caviar' is fried hilsha roe, so much better than that food that the elite gorge on.
              how does it taste? How much does it cost ? A recipe would also b excellente

Comment

Originally posted by Aj2 View Post
                how does it taste? How much does it cost ? A recipe would also b excellente
                Hilsha roe? About £3.00 a frozen block. My wife just coats it in some tumeric powder and shallow fries it. It tastes sublime and goes well with chips.

Comment

Hilsha roe? About £3.00 a frozen block. My wife just coats it in some tumeric powder and shallow fries it. It tastes sublime and goes well with chips.
                  r those fish eggs or just fish ?

Comment

it depends where you are, they could cost more,

but just cook it like fried fish on a pan, it's not bad, It's silly that it's so expensive, nothing special really

put some oil in pan, fry some onions, add salt, turmeric, a bit of chilli powder, coriander and the caviar and VOILA!! I'm sure someone can give better recipe methods lol
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      it depends where you are, they could cost more,

but just cook it like fried fish on a pan, it's not bad, It's silly that it's so expensive, nothing special really

put some oil in pan, fry some onions, add salt, turmeric, a bit of chilli powder, coriander and the caviar and VOILA!! I'm sure someone can give better recipe methods lol
                      it seems 2 be like fish fry. Hmm.. I see. Yasin post a couple of good pics from the net. So i can see for myself what i am dealing with here. I'm thinkin of starting my own restraunt in the future,in sha allah. :)

Comment

You can fry both but I was just referring to the eggs. A meal fit for a commander.

Comment

You can fry both but I was just referring to the eggs. A meal fit for a commander.
                          hehe. Good one . I might just name the recipe 'Commander egg Caviare' lol but serious. Yeah speck btw i also posted my very own JJ Chicken recipe on ummah.i'll post the link. Try it out with wifey & give feedback.

Comment

hehe. Good one . I might just name the recipe 'Commander egg Caviare' lol but serious. Yeah speck btw i also posted my very own JJ Chicken recipe on ummah.i'll post the link. Try it out with wifey & give feedback.
                            My JJ chicken recipe
                            http://www.ummah.com/forum/group.php...340&do=discuss

Comment

sorry 4 the interruption. Just 1 more thing. Do u use any particular kind of fish/fish eggs or can u prepare Caviare with any fish/fish eggs

Comment

Working...
                              X