Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detach yourself from the dunya

Salaam All

I hope you are all in the best of health Insha Allah.
    Unfortunately, I cannot back up what I say with facts as I am using my phone. I am not trying to make excuses but I guess a lot of what I say comes from a book called 'Reclaim your heart' by Yas min Mo g a he d. I would highly recommend that you purchase this book.

In the last few months there has been increasing amount of threads about people suffering from depression and marriage breakdown. They are two different issues but it is still a concern
    in the Muslim community.

Generally speaking, most of us would advise the following:
    Pray
    Duas
    Read the holy Quran
    Try counselling
    Speak to someone at the mosque
    Talk to someone
    Seek doctor's help

The above are just some of things we advise our ummah.
    Obviously we do not know their background and we can only go by what they say. From my observation is that most of us don't have anyone to talk to or turn to for help. Perhaps they do not know how to pray. The list goes on but most importantly, it is not about just talking to people about our problems because that's only a short term way to get better same applies to other treatments.

Long term solution is full submission to God. Making time for God and sticking to prayer timetable. The only way to do that is by detaching yourself from the dunya. Do not put things like education, family, work, material wealth in your heart because if you do you will surely break.

We can all do this by taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. Reflection is the key to understanding our life better. So please take time out to reflect on a daily basis. Do not just busy yourself with duniya because then you will have no time for God.

Please do not give up and keep moving on. Write down the lists of things you want to accomplish:

Save money for Hajj
    Explore one or two cities or country
    Finish your degree
    Start a family
    Find a marriage partner
    Save up for a car or house.

The above are all doable and achieve-
    able.

Please do not:

Assume
    Compare yourself to others
    Self pity
    Lose hope
    Lose patience
    Dwell on your problems
    let things get on top of you
    egoistic
    Arrogance
    Selfish

Through practice and patience we can all get rid of these bad habits. Self control is a must. There are people out there that will continuously hurt us but if you have self control meaning your inner self is superior than your outer side then you will be capable of coping with life demands. Make things easy for people and yourself. Be mindful of others around you.

I would like to end by saying that we should watch our tongues eyes and ears. Because whatever we hear, see or talk about that is where our hearts/mind will be leading us to. You have been warned.

Stay blessed and positive.

Always give thanks to the Almighty.

Please keep me in your duas.
    Wasalam
    Last edited by Green786; 05-03-14, 01:16 PM.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Re: Detach yourself from the dunya

:jkk:
    If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
    'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
    Islamic etiquette for social media
    http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

Detach yourself from the dunya

:jkk:, much needed :love:

I saw her book in the shop but was undecided, might purchase it :insha:
      ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
      U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
        Salaam All

I hope you are all in the best of health Insha Allah.
        Unfortunately, I cannot back up what I say with facts as I am using my phone. I am not trying to make excuses but I guess a lot of what I say comes from a book called 'Reclaim your heart' by Yas min Mo g a he d. I would highly recommend that you purchase this book.

In the last few months there has been increasing amount of threads about people suffering from depression and marriage breakdown. They are two different issues but it is still a concern
        in the Muslim community.

Generally speaking, most of us would advise the following:
        Pray
        Duas
        Read the holy Quran
        Try counselling
        Speak to someone at the mosque
        Talk to someone
        Seek doctor's help

The above are just some of things we advise our ummah.
        Obviously we do not know their background and we can only go by what they say. From my observation is that most of us don't have anyone to talk to or turn to for help. Perhaps they do not know how to pray. The list goes on but most importantly, it is not about just talking to people about our problems because that's only a short term way to get better same applies to other treatments.

Long term solution is full submission to God. Making time for God and sticking to prayer timetable. The only way to do that is by detaching yourself from the dunya. Do not put things like education, family, work, material wealth in your heart because if you do you will surely break.

We can all do this by taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. Reflection is the key to understanding our life better. So please take time out to reflect on a daily basis. Do not just busy yourself with duniya because then you will have no time for God.

Please do not give up and keep moving on. Write down the lists of things you want to accomplish:

Save money for Hajj
        Explore one or two cities or country
        Finish your degree
        Start a family
        Find a marriage partner
        Save up for a car or house.

The above are all doable and achieve-
        able.

Please do not:

Assume
        Compare yourself to others
        Self pity
        Lose hope
        Lose patience
        Dwell on your problems
        let things get on top of you
        egoistic
        Arrogance
        Selfish

Through practice and patience we can all get rid of these bad habits. Self control is a must. There are people out there that will continuously hurt us but if you have self control meaning your inner self is superior than your outer side then you will be capable of coping with life demands. Make things easy for people and yourself. Be mindful of others around you.

I would like to end by saying that we should watch our tongues eyes and ears. Because whatever we hear, see or talk about that is where our hearts/mind will be leading us to. You have been warned.

Stay blessed and positive.

Always give thanks to the Almighty.

Please keep me in your duas.
        Wasalam

I never understood this concept of detaching yourself from the dunya. You also advise to go out and do things that you want to accomplish so how can I detach myself from the dunya yet work on these goals? These goals require a level of attachment, commitment and dedication. I can't accomplish going to school, having a spouse, raising a family without attaching my heart to it. Yes I understand that we do things for the sake of pleasing Allah but in order to do that to the best of my ability I have to focus on whats tangible.

Comment

Salaam Zahra 13
          I was also thinking the same. I am still reading the book and I will update once I have finished reading it. You have raised some good points. It is hard not to get attached to things. Perhaps the author is saying that attachments takes us far away from God. They are means or tools to get us from a to z.They are not our final destination. If we put too much focus and love towards it then in reality we have pushed god away from us.
          "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

i have had this book next to my bed for nearly 2 months but i havent read it.

This might seem strange from a females point of view, but im a guy and id rather not read any of her stuff or watch her youtube lectures. piety is an attractive thing, and well...im a guy.

Comment

@wayoflife
              Salaam brother, I would recommend that you read it. It would be great to hear your views. Up to you.

Comment

What's the book called and who's it by?

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                  What's the book called and who's it by?
                  Reclaim your heart by Yas min Mo g a he d

Comment

Working...
                  X