What to do when you feel empty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you feel empty?

Sometimes I just feel empty and want to cry. I get depressed and feel as if life is meaningless.
    I feel so helpless at times
    What can I do when I feel like this? Why do I feel like this?
    Can I stop this feeling?

Re: What to do when you feel empty?

eat food

seriously it will help

try offering nawafil prayers if u feel like this and it isn't a forbidden time to pray
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
      eat food

seriously it will help

try offering nawafil prayers if u feel like this and it isn't a forbidden time to pray
      i tried the food thing I gained so much weight!!! and it doesn't always help

can you tell me when are the forbidden times to pray?

Comment

At the time of sunrise it is forbidden to read salah, as well as sunset., and about 15 minutes before sunset.

You can perform all other acts of prayers during these times, though.
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Usually when I'm depressed I eat chocolate and think of the good things in my life, it helps..
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I think of Allahs Rehmaa, which is bigger than absolutely anything and I have hope in Allah that even this empty feeling will eventually go away and better than anything it is filled with HIs love and acceptance and remembrance,
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Salwaat and istighfaar or recite Quran.

That should help ukthi x
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

This is the time when one is looking for peace of mind and i believe Quran Reading is best answer for that.
                To familiarize my kids with Quran i have made them join Online Courses of Quran learning for kids and family member
                Last edited by quran_learning; 04-03-14, 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Sleep while listening to surah e al baqarah on...feels very soothing.
                  ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Listen to Quran recitations from sheikh Muhammad Al Luhadain,
                    Plus some chocolates, crisps, cookies, ice cream, and sushi helps a lot for me.

Give it a try :up:

Your welcome
                    My heart will go on

Comment

Hey you lot stop encouraging her to rely on comfort food- often the worst cases of obesity start off like that! Sure after a one off bad day there's no harm in indulging in some chocolate cake or something, but you should not turn to food as a substitute for dealing with an emotional issue as that can lead to really bad problems.

If you feel like crying then cry- sometimes that can help release pent up emotions and frustrations. As others have advised, listen to and recite Quran. I'll advise spending some time on stuff you really like or enjoy. Do you have hobbies? Do you like cute animals? Do you have an opportunity to go on holiday and get a change of scene? Any of these things can help draw you out of a rut or help you gain a bit of perspective. Oh yeah and read stuff by Ibn al Qayyim cos' he gives some really good insights on this sort of thing.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I agree with the others who say praying and reciting qu'ran will Inshallah fill you with peace. Eating is probably a bad idea for what you mentioned, because it leads to a mental association we call comfort eating, and unfortunately will mean you gain weight unless blessed with a fast metabolism. Trust me, I've been comfort eating for two years and not trained regularly and need to go on the long road to fitness. Talking of which, exercising releases positive dopamine into your system much like comfort eating, so is even better for you to engage in.

Maybe purchasing a treadmill, bike or rowing machine may help.
                        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I browse bro Ahmed's muslimbodybuilding.com forum too.that is good too mashallah.

Comment

:salams

Have you ever heard web therapy sis? You just talk about everything you want in front of ur webcam. You may record that too. It helps for me. Later I open that recording again and think how silly it was :D

It also helps you gain confidence. If you're not sure about webcam you can try to talk in front of mirror. Just say anything you want. Be open to yourself. And other than that of course, get closer to Allah. Because no help except from Him :insha:
                            ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Salaam Sis,
                              I know how you feel. It is good to cry now and then. Let your emotions out. Try and find out what triggers your depression?
                              I went through a really tough time but I can reassure you there is light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up and it is normal to feel depressed. Life does sucks sometimes. I would advise you to find a new thing to do and change of scenery may do you some good.
                              "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X