Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attractive hijabs and shariah

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
    We can spend forever and day arguing what colours are attractive and which aren't. It's all down to personal taste.

Black for example is very classy.

White's my favourite colour for wearing lol so I'd say that's more attractive than black or yellow or brown?
    I agree, and black against fair toned skin is attractive (this is what I have found anyway) - its not just the colours though as others have said the way you wear the hijab also. If all else fails from detracting attention.. then niqab
    My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
    As You have sanctified Your house,
    Make my heart as protected and as honoured
    In which permission of entry
    Is only granted to a few,
    Please Allah, allow my heart
    To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
    when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
    In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      Once again, maybe you have a different taste, but generally dark colors are the best.

As for why people wear black suit and workplace clothing, dark colors are seen as more professional, not too attractive. If you wear a lime green suit to an interview, that's not gonna get you the job.
      exactly....lime green as well.....if ur saying black is not attractive....ur wrong....do one thing...tell ur sister/mother/a female that looks beautiful to wear a black abaya and see how much attention she gets compared to that of a light brown/lime green/light yellow abaya and u'll see for urself....then on the one they get the least attention.....that's what they should wear....

Comment

Originally posted by mirakool View Post
        I know very well wearing colourful abayas ain't haram....but since members here are on about wearing an unattractive colour...i was just telling them what they think that 'black is an unattractive/dull colour' is wrongggggg.... why do actors wear black suit in red carpet? why do singers/rappers wear black suit in grammy awards?? If it did not attract attention...surely their career is based upon how much attention they can attract right?
        It really is down to personal opinion. Some people like black, others don't.

Black is considered attractive to many, hence why there are so many LBD's in the shops (little black dresses). Black is considered classy, smart and even mysterious.

A woman wearing a black abaya is going to stand out like a sore thumb and draw attention to herself if she's surrounded by say women wearing blue burkha's like what they wear in Afghanistan, and a woman wearing blue is going to stick out if she's somewhere where women tend to wear black (like middle east).

In North Africa brighter colours are preferred and in my experience it's rare to see somebody wearing black.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Once again, maybe you have a different taste, but generally dark colors are the best.

As for why people wear black suit and workplace clothing, dark colors are seen as more professional, not too attractive. If you wear a lime green suit to an interview, that's not gonna get you the job.
          white clothing is mustahhab .... for men at least ... just saying
          How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Just stay home sisters. Stay home!
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

In North Africa brighter colours are preferred and in my experience it's rare to see somebody wearing black.
              Black absorbs heat. That's why. They probably realized the difference. White reflects heat and light. In Libya, men and women wear white. At least they did when I lived there. Also one of the reasons many Arab countries have so many white cars. Reflects the heat of the sun. However some parts of Africa, I guess absorbed pre-islamic Afircan culture which is all rainbow color crazy.

Comment

We can spend forever and day arguing what colours are attractive and which aren't. It's all down to personal taste.

Black for example is very classy.

White's my favourite colour for wearing lol so I'd say that's more attractive than black or yellow or brown?
                This. What's attractive to one person is not necessarily attractive to another. Just wear something that isn't loud or too....pretty looking I guess.

It's weird though sometimes the things you have to reconsider! Stuff you didn't really think would be an issue.
                Last edited by TCKMuslima; 01-03-14, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I'm officially existing this thread as it's become too girly. Assalamu Alaikum. Do and think of what Allah (subhanawatala) would instruct us and would want from us.

Comment

Black is considered attractive to many, hence why there are so many LBD's in the shops (little black dresses). Black is considered classy, smart and even mysterious.

A woman wearing a black abaya is going to stand out like a sore thumb and draw attention to herself if she's surrounded by say women wearing blue burkha's like what they wear in Afghanistan, and a woman wearing blue is going to stick out if she's somewhere where women tend to wear black (like middle east).

That's a good point as well, about what's the norm in your society. Afghani sisters wear blue burqas, so that's the norm there, then best to wear blue color.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

id still be head to toe in black lol

I cant ditch it no matter where I am

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                        B

This kid is jokes :rotfl: nails it with how silly all the 'hijab tutorial' videos are. Like do sisters, really need a tutorial on how to wear a hijab :rotfl:
                        i did when i reverted.. it was very helpful
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

I tried once to be hijabi fashionista with that turban etc. Then I got frustrated because the turban kept coming off. Then I gave up.
                          ~ Donít trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
                            I tried once to be hijabi fashionista with that turban etc. Then I got frustrated because the turban kept coming off. Then I gave up.
                            :rotfl:

I think I tried years ago and it really hurt my head.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                              :salams:

http://www.islam21c.com/islamic-law/...abs-a-shariah/

lets keep it simple sisters.. otherwise it will defeat the whole purpose

may Allah make it easy for those who are finding it hard :)
                              Ameeen ^

:jkk: sis
                              "Do not get attached to what will not stay with you, get closer to The One Who never leaves you"
                              (Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Comment

I dunno why I'm in this thread.... what am I doing here...

*exit* ..... >.>
                                [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1aGGYunNIQ[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X