• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attractive hijabs and shariah

:salams:

http://www.islam21c.com/islamic-law/...abs-a-shariah/

lets keep it simple sisters.. otherwise it will defeat the whole purpose

may Allah make it easy for those who are finding it hard :)
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Re: Attractive hijabs and shariah

:wswrwb:

Important reminder.

Ameen.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

can never go wrong with plain black!

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
        can never go wrong with plain black!
        too right ukthi
        إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
          :salams:

http://www.islam21c.com/islamic-law/...abs-a-shariah/

lets keep it simple sisters.. otherwise it will defeat the whole purpose

may Allah make it easy for those who are finding it hard :)

The comments are longer than the actual article o.O

:jkk:
          My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
          As You have sanctified Your house,
          Make my heart as protected and as honoured
          In which permission of entry
          Is only granted to a few,
          Please Allah, allow my heart
          To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
          when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
          In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

I must admit, since I became Muslim, I've witnessed some sisters dress the way they dress (with the scarf) and still make a man go daymnnn which beats the point of hijab. All those 'makeup hijabis' on youtube seriously... with all due respect, all of us men love beauty, it attracts us, but the point of hijab is to CONCEAL beauty not to espouse it further. The scarf then becomes a gadget or piece of jewlery only. If you're trying to impress a potential yeah I guess do your magic for him (not actual sihr thats like double haram right there), but fear Allah.

There is a VERY fine line between being modest and beautiful VERSUS wearing a 'scarf' and being bling bling in your face. Ideally the point of hijab would be to have nothing of beauty but just total concealment of beauty that would be true hijab.

If I want my wife to be bling bling, it's in our own privacy not for the whole world. I understand females love to beautify themselves and that's fine to a point, but lets not forget we are Muslims.

I always tell my wife she looks like a princess in abaya and hijab, but even some abayas can be totally bling bling.

It's kind of how... Muslims pick up on trends that are trendy with non-muslims so they 'islamify' whatever it is and dub it 'islamic'.

That's my two cents anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post

The comments are longer than the actual article o.O

:jkk:
              Must be those groupies of the Youtube tutorial celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                I must admit, since I became Muslim, I've witnessed some sisters dress the way they dress (with the scarf) and still make a man go daymnnn which beats the point of hijab. All those 'makeup hijabis' on youtube seriously... with all due respect, all of us men love beauty, it attracts us, but the point of hijab is to CONCEAL beauty not to espouse it further. The scarf then becomes a gadget or piece of jewlery only. If you're trying to impress a potential yeah I guess do your magic for him (not actual sihr thats like double haram right there), but fear Allah.

There is a VERY fine line between being modest and beautiful VERSUS wearing a 'scarf' and being bling bling in your face. Ideally the point of hijab would be to have nothing of beauty but just total concealment of beauty that would be true hijab.

If I want my wife to be bling bling, it's in our own privacy not for the whole world. I understand females love to beautify themselves and that's fine to a point, but lets not forget we are Muslims.

I always tell my wife she looks like a princess in abaya and hijab, but even some abayas can be totally bling bling.

It's kind of how... Muslims pick up on trends that are trendy with non-muslims so they 'islamify' whatever it is and dub it 'islamic'.

That's my two cents anyway...
                This is very true but I think it's hard for women in today's society, there's so much pressure to look a certain way :(

It's horrible feeling drab when you're surrounded by pretty, made up women all over the place.

I try not to wear make up and on the days I don't, I feel so self conscious like everybody's staring at my face (my skin get's greasy and I still get a few spots). It's a horrible feeling although I remember I do it for the sake of Allah :swt: I do feel self conscious about how I look and I wish I didn't, but it's not just something I can change at the flick of a switch. I'm getting better though. Years ago I wouldn't dare leave the house without a full make up face lol.

(not having a go at you by the way, I'm just saying)

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
                  This is very true but I think it's hard for women in today's society, there's so much pressure to look a certain way :(

It's horrible feeling drab when you're surrounded by pretty, made up women all over the place.

I try not to wear make up and on the days I don't, I feel so self conscious like everybody's staring at my face (my skin get's greasy and I still get a few spots). It's a horrible feeling although I remember I do it for the sake of Allah :swt: I do feel self conscious about how I look and I wish I didn't, but it's not just something I can change at the flick of a switch. I'm getting better though. Years ago I wouldn't dare leave the house without a full make up face lol.

how do you think the brothers feel like when they see these girls like that?
                  How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                    how do you think the brothers feel like when they see these girls like that?
                    No idea because I'm not a brother.

We're commanded to lower our gaze for a good reason.

It's not easy for either Brothers and Sisters I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                      I was gonna say the same thing - I feel sorry for them, they feel the need to defend their so called "gurus" all the time
                      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                      As You have sanctified Your house,
                      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                      In which permission of entry
                      Is only granted to a few,
                      Please Allah, allow my heart
                      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Maybe counteract that by doing what you want at home? Wear you make up or whatever makes you feel better. Maybe change the link from being outside to inside (if that don't make sense I'll explain).

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        -------------------------------------------------------
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

you know, some sisters (a good number of them) don't actually know.
                          have no idea, whatsoever.

not excusing it but they think the headscarf is just that, a covering for the hair.
                          no-one's ever told them what is right or wrong.

couple this with a woman's desire to be made up, then you have a problem.
                          'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                          Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                          علي الحبشي

Comment

Here's what I'm confused about. Some women are naturally beautiful and look amazing no matter how plain they look. What if a women wore no makeup, a hijab and abaya, but a dark color that looked attractive on her. Are women purposely supposed to look ugly? This is a sincere question, not trying to start a fight.
                            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                              Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
                              I was gonna say the same thing - I feel sorry for them, they feel the need to defend their so called "gurus" all the time
                              Like the sister said, they may actually not know. And, even if they did, their imaan is not up to that level so they feel it's OK. Regardless, we shouldn't say negative things about them.

You know it, I know it, it could've been me and you in their places. None of us, no borther who has a beard, neither a sister who wear proper hijab, is doing it on her own. It's all from the Help of Allah.

We make Dua'a for those who aren't doing it.

That's the struggle. That's the test. Everyone's doing it, so why can't I?
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X