• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heart is dead if it doesn't pass these 3 TESTS

According to Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah, `Abdullah ibn Mas`ood (R.A), said:

“Look for your heart in three places:

when listening to the Qur’an,

when seeking knowledge (in gatherings of zikr of Allah)

and

when in privacy.

If you cannot find it (comfortable) in these places, then ask Allah (swt) to bless you with a heart, for indeed you have no (dead) heart.”
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 25-02-14, 07:56 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: My heart is dead if it doesn't pass these 3 TESTS

:(
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Re: My heart is dead if it doesn't pass these 3 TESTS

I have found myself actually crying during the recitation of the qu'ran at many points, and felt 'peace', also when in privacy although not at all points. I have also felt it in dhikr but more so when doing dhikr myself rather than loudly in congregation with others at the mosque. I feel dhikr is best done privately and to oneself in a whisper, but I do feel peace at the mosque. My heart Alhamdulillah feels lifted away from any and all dunya worries at times whilst there.

The most at peace I ever felt was in Makkah and Medina as a child when my parents took us all on an Umrah. Even to this day, I recall the peace I felt, the tranquillity and just a total sense of awe in the positive spiritual energy that permeates there.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Working...
      X