Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Encourage Kids to Love/Memorize the Quraan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Encourage Kids to Love/Memorize the Quraan?

:salams

I'm a part of a Saturday halaqa at the masjid, where we teach kids about the deen, memorize the Quran, learn the makharij, and Al Qa'eda An-Noorani. Alhamdulilah a group of our girls have completed the memorization of 3 ajzaa of the Quraan :inlove: so proud! And they're young as well. ALhamdulilah, they've worked hard. InshaAllah this Saturday, we'll be holding a little ceremony (speech, prizes, gifts) and a pizza lunch for the girls. The sisters ( including my own teacher) want me to do a speech for the girls to encourage them.... What would you say? The age range is from 5 to 18 year olds. Of course I have some things in mind.. but I really want to be able to plant a seed in their hearts for the love of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, our prophet :saw: and the Quraan. Any ideas, stories, quotes, or if anyone has done something like this before and share what you think.. I'll appreciate it. :jkk: in advance!!
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Re: How to Encourage Kids to Love/Memorize the Quraan?

:wswrwb:

That's soooo sweet :masha:

where is my invitation? :I

May Allaah ta'ala accept it from them and you, ameen ya Rabb

TMR did a similar speech, think recording is on his blog link, he mentions some beautiful ahadeeth there.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
      :wswrwb:

That's soooo sweet :masha:

where is my invitation? :I

May Allaah ta'ala accept it from them and you, ameen ya Rabb

TMR did a similar speech, think recording is on his blog link, he mentions some beautiful ahadeeth there.
      If you live in Canada, you're welcome anytime sis :) TMR as in brother the middle road? I'll have to check that out inshaAllah, :jkk:
      anymore tips are welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
        If you live in Canada, you're welcome anytime sis :) TMR as in brother the middle road? I'll have to check that out inshaAllah, :jkk:
        anymore tips are welcome!
        http://tmr123.wordpress.com/khutbahs/ :up:

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
        O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

:wswrwb: (my post got cancelled accidentally)

Before it got cancelled I expressed an 'aww' etc (may Allah make them of ahlul Quraan and make it a hujja for them and us and not against us ameen).

-Get them to see that they'll be stashing good deeds way ahead of everyone else (for those who haven't reached puberty yet), because their bad deeds aren't recorded but they get reward for good deeds. So their bank of good deeds will be full before any minuses start occurring. (This has helped a few little ones, their faces lit up when I told them this).
          -The reward their parents will get on the day of judgement, it'll be the best suprise for them :insha: (set the scene, the turmoil that'll be happening on that day when suddenly they get elevated and crowned etc).

TMR made a booklet about the virtues etc of the Quraan. Loads of stuff in there, I'll link it here in a sec. But look through there and choose a few, like the Quraan being a companion etc etc

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...of-its-Bearers

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          -------------------------------------------------------
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

lovely post sister

alhamdulillah, so happy to hear about how well these young sisters are doing.
            may allah increase them in in knowledge and make them steadfast in their iman

ameen
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

thank you so much for the link guys! Ameen to the duas :)

sis FR- i think i won't be mentioning the turmoil that happens on yauwm al qiyama, because a lot of the children are young and they sometimes don't understand the significance of things. So I just want to stick to telling them hadiths, or nice stories inshaAllah. Plus I have to watch what I say, because i don't want to be a manafiq in the eyes of Allah subahanhu wa ta'ala.

:jkk:

Comment

When is it? Do let us knwo how it goes :D

[email protected] adi'yah

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X