Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Muslima Needing Help With Knowledge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Muslima Needing Help With Knowledge!

Assalamu Alaikum,

I took my Shahada this past week. I am very eager to learn more and more about every, insha'Allah. Where should I start? I read the Quran everyday. But also where do I learn about how a Muslim woman should conduct herself? All websites aren't trustworthy, so I don't want to study the wrong things.

Re: New Muslima Needing Help With Knowledge!

:wswrwb:

welcome to Islam sister :)

I'm sure there are plenty of sisters here that would be able to help you

:jkk:

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Islam-Library

Comment

Originally posted by aaminah1 View Post
        Assalamu Alaikum,

I took my Shahada this past week. I am very eager to learn more and more about every, insha'Allah. Where should I start? I read the Quran everyday. But also where do I learn about how a Muslim woman should conduct herself? All websites aren't trustworthy, so I don't want to study the wrong things.
        Walakam salam,

Congrats on your decision. You are on the straight path now alhamdulillah =) For general questions you can call a telephone service that is for new muslims and non-muslims 877-WHY-ISLAM -whyislam.org or 800-662-ISLAM (<< call for free shahada packet) - gainpeace.org You may also visit their sites for questions on the deen. You should also watch the deen show on you tube, along with videos by Mufti Menk , Nouman Ali Khan, Sheikh Abdul Nasir Jangda and Dr. Sheikh Yasir Qadhi. These brothers are very informative and can give you a lot of great information. There are some free books on iBooks on eating and dressing in Islam that are very good. First and foremost you should conduct yourself in a manner that is pleasing to Allah so remember this in all of your actions. If you always remember that then your behavior as a Muslim woman will come natural to you. Spend a lot of time in the masjid with hijabis/niqabis - inform them that you have just taken shahada. They will be very warm and receptive towards you and answer all of your questions and give you guidance. Please do not take any corrections on your errors personal. There are a lot of reverts that complain about being corrected - even if it is in a harsh tone forgive the sisters and thank Allah that you have sisters that are concerned with your salvation.

Please beware of the false claims and bias information on Islam on the internet! Muslims are not perfect but Islam is. Always keep this in mind.

May Allah سبحانه و تعالى‎ lead you towards the correct knowledge.

Peace

Comment

wswrwb

Sister the priority for you in the first instance will be to learn salah (prayer). Not sure fif you know the prayer? If not then find a transliteration of the Arabic slah (just surah fatiha to begin with) and even if you have to write it and put it on a board in front of you do so and get into the habit

After that inshallah try and be amongst muslims as much as possible. Find some sisters groups and learn of them. It doesn't mater who in the first instance as long as they are practising ie covering when out etc

you are in the enviable position of having your slate wiped clean inshallah

Comment

Sister I forgot to mention to you to please make dua for my son to bring him back into Islam. Since you are a new muslim your sins have been cleaned from you so you are like a newborn baby. Your duas are accepted because of this. I don't want to say his name in public forum but just say Zahira's son in your supplication.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X