Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how do you save money on food ?

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    I just wrote down what i buy, and it appears i have found the culprit. I don't really buy meat just fresh fish and the fish is killing my wallet. i just saw my last bankstatement 40 euros on fish a week lol

thanks to nousername for suggesting that
    I think i have to start buying meat and just freeze it in.
    Fish is quite expensive. The meat I personally suggest is chicken breast, and eggs are also very cheap to get a hold of. If you are also able, look into getting chickpeas as they are very nutritious and cheap to buy and make amazing things such as hummus and falafel and are used in many middle eastern dishes.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
      I just wrote down what i buy, and it appears i have found the culprit. I don't really buy meat just fresh fish and the fish is killing my wallet. i just saw my last bankstatement 40 euros on fish a week lol

thanks to nousername for suggesting that
      I think i have to start buying meat and just freeze it in.
      you must love fish.
      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

ik koop alleen maar diepvries groenten en fruit dat koop ik gewoon op de markt maar ik gewoon een diepvries nodig dan ik meer dingen bewaren want nu ik heb ik geen diepvries maar alleen maar zo kleine mini-fridge

ja heb ik net gedaan ik ga ff morgen een nieuwe koelkast kopen met een ruime diepvries
        Beter idd een diepvries aanschaffen. Je moet jezelf eens per week vers groenten gunnen broeder.
        De rest kan je allemaal invriezen. Je zou ook eens per week bij iemand kunnen eten, familie/vrienden.

Dit soort kleine aanpassingen scheelt zoveel geld.

is this dutch or german?
        Last edited by Umm-Luqman; 23-02-14, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Plan ahead! Plan your meals in advance and buy what you need for the week.

Try cooking meals in bulk and freezing excess for meals for another night.

Try shopping at local markets for fruit and veg. It's a lot cheaper than supermarkets, you'll save loads.

Be careful when buying things on 'offer' in supermarkets as the offers don't always work out a bargain (e.g. sometimes it works out buying two smalls tubs of butter is cheaper than buying one big 'value' tub).

Bulk buy and stock up on foods you can store when they are on offer (but make sure it really is a good offer).

My favourite bargain food is porridge. It's soooo cheap for a big bag, lasts for ages, and it's healthy and filling.

Comment

I'm probably not the best person to be advising on this topic!. I spend quite a bit on my individual food shop in addition to the family weekly shop. Due to eating high protein foods (to assist in my gym work), I tend to eat a lot of fish, which tends to be expensive especially salmon. I like to vary the food, so I don''t mind doing this.

My best advice would be, to make a list on the foods you need rather than be luxurious. Also substitute the types of foods to lower costs type to save a few pennies. I have been thinking, I may do this myself to save myself a few pounds, then again I have had that thought for a while!

Comment

it is advised to buy as much as possible in bulk to save money but you also have to make sure that you don't buy too much of a food that it will be wasted.

Comment

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                X