• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you save money on food ?

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Re: how do you save money on food ?

Where do you usually shop brother and do you have a specific diet you use?

I gotta agree, that monthly figure seems extremely high for food on just one person. If you can expand on those points, inshallah I can offer some suggestions as well.
      I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Comment

Koop groenten en fruit op de markt, is veel goedkoper. Ga naar de Aldi of Lidl voor de rest.

Of koop alleen eigen merk producten van de supermarkt.

100,- euro per maand is meer dan genoeg aan boodschappen voor een single.
          My heart will go on

Comment

oh dang you're single. but for families, the best way to save is to:

1. go to wholesale food suppliers such as Costco and Sam's Club
            2. Coupons - Sunday Newspapers and Couponcabin.com, etc.
            3. Make a list and stick to it
            Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
            Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
              oh dang you're single. but for families, the best way to save is to:

1. go to wholesale food suppliers such as Costco and Sam's Club
              2. Coupons - Sunday Newspapers and Couponcabin.com, etc.
              3. Make a list and stick to it
              number 3 is good advice!!! I do that sometimes.
              My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                Koop groenten en fruit op de markt, is veel goedkoper. Ga naar de Aldi of Lidl voor de rest.

Of koop alleen eigen merk producten van de supermarkt.

100,- euro per maand is meer dan genoeg aan boodschappen voor een single.
                ik koop alleen maar diepvries groenten en fruit dat koop ik gewoon op de markt maar ik gewoon een diepvries nodig dan ik meer dingen bewaren want nu ik heb ik geen diepvries maar alleen maar zo kleine mini-fridge

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                number 3 is good advice!!! I do that sometimes.
                ja heb ik net gedaan ik ga ff morgen een nieuwe koelkast kopen met een ruime diepvries

Comment

Make a list is good advice. We did that when my parents were away and did the shopping once a week.

Shopping around also saves money, but not if you are driving to shops that are at other ends of the city because that wastes petrol.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                      ik koop alleen maar diepvries groenten en fruit dat koop ik gewoon op de markt maar ik gewoon een diepvries nodig dan ik meer dingen bewaren want nu ik heb ik geen diepvries maar alleen maar zo kleine mini-fridge

ja heb ik net gedaan ik ga ff morgen een nieuwe koelkast kopen met een ruime diepvries
                      Beter idd een diepvries aanschaffen. Je moet jezelf eens per week vers groenten gunnen broeder.
                      De rest kan je allemaal invriezen. Je zou ook eens per week bij iemand kunnen eten, familie/vrienden.

Dit soort kleine aanpassingen scheelt zoveel geld.
                      My heart will go on

Comment

That's a lot for one person I think.

Just don't buy as much food- so cut down.

Also, cut down on the meat you buy as Meat is rather expensive

Tesco Value.
                        Last edited by Umm Amira123; 23-02-14, 06:03 PM.

Comment

fast on some Mondays and Thursdays

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

It does sound like a lot,but that's because food isn't sold usually in single serving sizes since most people who do food shopping are shopping with a family. I almost guarantee if he had a wife, his bill would barely increase.

Comment

I just wrote down what i buy, and it appears i have found the culprit. I don't really buy meat just fresh fish and the fish is killing my wallet. i just saw my last bankstatement 40 euros on fish a week lol

thanks to nousername for suggesting that
                              I think i have to start buying meat and just freeze it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X