• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohamed12
    replied
    Re: Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Originally posted by Tharshini View Post
    First of all thanks for all the contributions, me my husband along with our 2 young daughters embraced Islam on last Friday we said our shahadah are now our religion and faith is Islam. My husband was circumcised on Satarday and has received his Islamic name Muhammad Salih, I have been named Zaynab Nasriyah, my daughters Mariam Sulthna and Fazriya Razeeka ,it was very emotional going through conversion and the love and the accaptence shown by our community was great , getting used to new different life I have managed to pray five times without fail over the last week.Hope every thing will go well for my family, please pray for us,

Zaynab (tharshini)
    Wow, mashallah

Its amazing how fast you want to follow the religion 100 %

I'll make mention of you in my prayer sister Zaynab :)

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

First of all thanks for all the contributions, me my husband along with our 2 young daughters embraced Islam on last Friday we said our shahadah are now our religion and faith is Islam. My husband was circumcised on Satarday and has received his Islamic name Muhammad Salih, I have been named Zaynab Nasriyah, my daughters Mariam Sulthna and Fazriya Razeeka ,it was very emotional going through conversion and the love and the accaptence shown by our community was great , getting used to new different life I have managed to pray five times without fail over the last week.Hope every thing will go well for my family, please pray for us,

Zaynab (tharshini)
    Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar.

May Allah make it easy for you and your family.

Feel free to make anew thread if you have any questions or concerns.

Leave a comment:

• Tharshini
    replied

Zaynab (tharshini)

Leave a comment:

• *aisha*
    replied

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
    Good job people. She's asking for support on wearing hijab because she scared, and you guys are arguing about the ruling and creating fitna for a scared sister. Way to go!

(In case nobody noticed, that was sarcasm. I am truly disgusted. Can there not be one single thread where people do not argue or nitpick and create fitna? I feel sorry for any new reverts or nonmuslims interested in Islaam that come and read these stupid trivial arguments and get turned of of Islaam completely because of it. Audhubillah).
    exactly,, why couldn't people just answer the OP in the first place

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

Good job people. She's asking for support on wearing hijab because she scared, and you guys are arguing about the ruling and creating fitna for a scared sister. Way to go!

(In case nobody noticed, that was sarcasm. I am truly disgusted. Can there not be one single thread where people do not argue or nitpick and create fitna? I feel sorry for any new reverts or nonmuslims interested in Islaam that come and read these stupid trivial arguments and get turned of of Islaam completely because of it. Audhubillah).

Leave a comment:

• Mockingjay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seekingone
    replied

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    She said it's her opinion, so it's her opinion obviously... anyone with half a brain would have figured that out.
    Ameen
    r
    You clearly misunderstood the post sister, her opinion has not been derived by her individual instincts, there is a GENUINE difference of opinion on the niqaab. It like saying my opinion is this on a subject.........(clearly it will be according to a certain madhab etc)

Anyway, may we all be guided ameen.

Leave a comment:

• Muslim First
    replied

Also make sure you find good sisters to hang out with. Good company is really something special.

Leave a comment:

• faatima18
    replied

some people need to take things one step at a time and for others they may feel ready and jump straight in (without burning out later)
    you know yourself best and which category you fit in. if you are ready to wear niqab after you revert then alhamdulilah, if you are not Alhamdulillah its understandable
    either way make sure your intentions are correct for whatever deed you do, always do it for the sake of Allah

as for your other questions
    1. depends where you live. if you are in the west or a non muslim country people may give you weird looks, you may have a few rude comments and quite a few people see it as strange. people who know you may be a bit shocked at first but :insha: they will get used to it. overall nothing much to worry about if you live in safe (ish) diverse area.

2. feels great. you'll see that for yourself :insha:

3. it is not difficult to walk at all or go about your every day life

4. if you have the right material/good material you can breathe fine. at first you may feel a bit 'suffocated' but that's only because its something your not used to. soon enough you forget you have it on even

5. khimar is part of your hijab anyway so I don't really know what you mean here. but I would advise wearing a long khimar from the head down (or to cover your head)

6. abaya should be long enough to cover everything, you can wear your normal clothes underneath

I hope this helps.
    accept islam as soon as you can and I hope your neighbours will teach you the basics of prayer etc.
    and again don't over burden yourself once you accept islam. you know yourself best.

Leave a comment:

• FijiMuslim
    replied

Hi everyone

Me and my husband are converting to Islam very soon, We were introduced to Islam by our neighbours who convinced us that we should take up to islam, after thinking about it for 2 years my husband wanted to convert so I also agreed along with our *2 young *daughters. They have told me that once I convert I will be required to cover my self completely. I have some questions that i will want some understanding.

I have been advised I wear an abaya, cover the head (with a hijab or khimar) and wear a niqab (3 layer niqab ) and gloves for my hands.

1.I am very nervous about being covered completely, also but scared , how will people see me and being used be seen with myself visible covering my self makes me think how will i look in society?

2.How does it feel to be covered completely and wear niqab?

3.Is it difficult to walk when we are covered

4.Will it be easy to breathe? Does it get hot inside.

5.I was wondering what should I use to cover my head a *hijab or a khimar? Which one is convenient?

6.How long should be my abaya ? Should it be touching the ground or just above it? Should I wear something inbetween my abaya and normal clothing?

7. I would like some opinions from ladies who wear niqab*

Thanks
    I feel you sister, as a revert it is hard to just get by thinking you are not doing enough. Good luck, I found peace in islam and so will you insha allah!

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

:salams

Welcome to Islaam sister mashaAllah. I'd like to point out that salah (prayer) is much more important than hijab. There can be Islaam without hijab, but not without salah; so perfecting your prayer and connection to Allah should be your foremost concern.

I don't feel comfortable answering these questions in a thread that brothers can read, but I will say that i just use a normal oblong shayla and pull it around my mouth when I need to cover my face. I don't do the whole separate khimaar/niqab/cap/tie thing. In my opinion, this one piece of cloth is easier, faster and works much better than all that extra paraphernalia. It's also lighter and lets the air flow so you don't sweat. It's obviously not a good choice for winter since your ears and nose might still freeze through the cloth lol.

I hope our answers helped you sis :love:

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

Originally posted by seekingone View Post
    Its not her opinion, there is a genuine difference of opinion on the niqab

Coming back to the OP, Inshallah you will be OK, if you have made that decision, go for it, May Allah swt guide you and make it easy for you.
    apparently it is not that genuine

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    She said it's her opinion, so it's her opinion obviously... anyone with half a brain would have figured that out.
    Ameen
    i apparently need to spell it out "I dont hold the opinion" means : i follow the maliki madhab for which the awrah is everything but the face and the hands. Niqab is always a matter of legal opinion and then a preference.

Leave a comment:

• seagulls1999
    replied

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    I didn't say she shouldn't wear it. The sister asked for advice so I gave her advice if she's dead set in wearing it then no need for advice do what Allah is guiding you to do.
    indeed

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
    Yes but the difference in this case is that ( from my understanding) she seems to want to wear the niqab and that nobody is forcing her to. You say the first orders to believe in no god but Allah which is of course true but that shouldn't stop someone from wearing niqab
    I didn't say she shouldn't wear it. The sister asked for advice so I gave her advice if she's dead set in wearing it then no need for advice do what Allah is guiding you to do.

Leave a comment:

• seagulls1999
    replied

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    I do wear niqab. That's why I'm telling her she should take her time niqab isn't like hijab. I made a whole entire thread to show people how to take Islam a step at a time. The Sister should fist focus on her relationship with Allah and building it the she should focus on loving the Prophet :saw: no one I mean no one should jump to something so quick. There is a Hadith in which Aisha (rd) said if the Prophet :saw: told everyone to stop drinking they would have never stopped drinking and if He :saw: had told them to stop committing Zina they would have never stopped but the Prophet :saw: first orders to believe in no god except Allah I'm just from personal experience she should take things slow
    Yes but the difference in this case is that ( from my understanding) she seems to want to wear the niqab and that nobody is forcing her to. You say the first orders to believe in no god but Allah which is of course true but that shouldn't stop someone from wearing niqab

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X