X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharmeen
    replied
    Re: Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Alhumdulillah you have chosen the right path Sister. I'm a born Muslim but still I'm not in Hijab or Niqab. I just wear selwar kamiz and cover my head. But soon in sha Allah I'll get covered, like entirely. I live in a Muslim country so it wouldn't be tough for me. As you are new to Islam, go a bit slow. Explore things then choose what you want to do. I feel niqab is better.

Leave a comment:

• CityLights
    replied

I would advice you to do it step by step. As far is I know a niqaab is not mandatory. If I'm wrong than show me a quran verse or a shaheeh hadeeth people.

Start with a simple hijaab and when you get used to that and feel comfortable enough than you can take it a step further.

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
    Sister don't let the above posters put you off from wearing a niqab, I say put your trust in Allah and go for it!
    no one has putting her off learn to read and actually mind a business that is yours only. I believe sisters know better how to advise on this topic than you.

do sisters tell you how to wear the beard or how it feels to wear a qamis?

I dont think so please show the same courtesy

Leave a comment:

• seagulls1999
    replied

Sister don't let the above posters put you off from wearing a niqab, I say put your trust in Allah and go for it!
    Last edited by seagulls1999; 23-02-14, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Walaykumsalam

Sister. I think you should start from the hijab first inshaAllah? It's a massive jump.

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

ma sha Allah

who told you you need to cover completely? Subhannallah

it is so huge if it doesnt come from you honestly it wont work.

Be constant in little things, niqab will come by itself if you want to, and if you dont it is still okay, not wearing niqab is not a sin.
    deen is easy we should not make it complicated

Leave a comment:

• SpiritualSeeker
    replied

Assalaam alaykum sister, alhamdulilah that your heart it coming towards Allah swt it's a very beautiful thing masha'Allah for you and your family :)

Honestly my personal advice is to take gradual steps in terms of deen and take your time to get acclimatised to practices. Don't do something you're not ready to do and definitely don't let others force you into something because in the end of the day it's incumbent upon you to first seek knowledge about the matter from authentic sources and from learned esteemed people in Islam (especially those you can relate to) then making your intention to do it for Allah swt and not peer pressure.

It's better for you to be consistent and improve in deen gradually than to take a massive jump (if you're not ready) and then have a big come down effect. Not sure if I'm making sense, but the deen is simple so I hope insha'Allah my words will give you comfort in making the right decision for yourself and your deen.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

Oh my..... Sister calm down okay. Islam is an easy religion.

Are you ready to wear Niqab?

Leave a comment:

• Tharshini
    started a topic Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Hi everyone

Me and my husband are converting to Islam very soon, We were introduced to Islam by our neighbours who convinced us that we should take up to islam, after thinking about it for 2 years my husband wanted to convert so I also agreed along with our *2 young *daughters. They have told me that once I convert I will be required to cover my self completely. I have some questions that i will want some understanding.

I have been advised I wear an abaya, cover the head (with a hijab or khimar) and wear a niqab (3 layer niqab ) and gloves for my hands.

1.I am very nervous about being covered completely, also but scared , how will people see me and being used be seen with myself visible covering my self makes me think how will i look in society?

2.How does it feel to be covered completely and wear niqab?

3.Is it difficult to walk when we are covered

4.Will it be easy to breathe? Does it get hot inside.

5.I was wondering what should I use to cover my head a *hijab or a khimar? Which one is convenient?

6.How long should be my abaya ? Should it be touching the ground or just above it? Should I wear something inbetween my abaya and normal clothing?

7. I would like some opinions from ladies who wear niqab*

Thanks

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X