Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

some people need to take things one step at a time and for others they may feel ready and jump straight in (without burning out later)
    you know yourself best and which category you fit in. if you are ready to wear niqab after you revert then alhamdulilah, if you are not Alhamdulillah its understandable
    either way make sure your intentions are correct for whatever deed you do, always do it for the sake of Allah

as for your other questions
    1. depends where you live. if you are in the west or a non muslim country people may give you weird looks, you may have a few rude comments and quite a few people see it as strange. people who know you may be a bit shocked at first but :insha: they will get used to it. overall nothing much to worry about if you live in safe (ish) diverse area.

2. feels great. you'll see that for yourself :insha:

3. it is not difficult to walk at all or go about your every day life

4. if you have the right material/good material you can breathe fine. at first you may feel a bit 'suffocated' but that's only because its something your not used to. soon enough you forget you have it on even

5. khimar is part of your hijab anyway so I don't really know what you mean here. but I would advise wearing a long khimar from the head down (or to cover your head)

6. abaya should be long enough to cover everything, you can wear your normal clothes underneath

I hope this helps.
    accept islam as soon as you can and I hope your neighbours will teach you the basics of prayer etc.
    and again don't over burden yourself once you accept islam. you know yourself best.
    "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
    (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
    He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Also make sure you find good sisters to hang out with. Good company is really something special.
      "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
        She said it's her opinion, so it's her opinion obviously... anyone with half a brain would have figured that out.
        Ameen
        r
        You clearly misunderstood the post sister, her opinion has not been derived by her individual instincts, there is a GENUINE difference of opinion on the niqaab. It like saying my opinion is this on a subject.........(clearly it will be according to a certain madhab etc)

Anyway, may we all be guided ameen.

Comment

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Good job people. She's asking for support on wearing hijab because she scared, and you guys are arguing about the ruling and creating fitna for a scared sister. Way to go!

(In case nobody noticed, that was sarcasm. I am truly disgusted. Can there not be one single thread where people do not argue or nitpick and create fitna? I feel sorry for any new reverts or nonmuslims interested in Islaam that come and read these stupid trivial arguments and get turned of of Islaam completely because of it. Audhubillah).

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
              Good job people. She's asking for support on wearing hijab because she scared, and you guys are arguing about the ruling and creating fitna for a scared sister. Way to go!

(In case nobody noticed, that was sarcasm. I am truly disgusted. Can there not be one single thread where people do not argue or nitpick and create fitna? I feel sorry for any new reverts or nonmuslims interested in Islaam that come and read these stupid trivial arguments and get turned of of Islaam completely because of it. Audhubillah).
              exactly,, why couldn't people just answer the OP in the first place

:jkk:

Comment

First of all thanks for all the contributions, me my husband along with our 2 young daughters embraced Islam on last Friday we said our shahadah are now our religion and faith is Islam. My husband was circumcised on Satarday and has received his Islamic name Muhammad Salih, I have been named Zaynab Nasriyah, my daughters Mariam Sulthna and Fazriya Razeeka ,it was very emotional going through conversion and the love and the accaptence shown by our community was great , getting used to new different life I have managed to pray five times without fail over the last week.Hope every thing will go well for my family, please pray for us,

Zaynab (tharshini)

Comment

Originally posted by Tharshini View Post
                  First of all thanks for all the contributions, me my husband along with our 2 young daughters embraced Islam on last Friday we said our shahadah are now our religion and faith is Islam. My husband was circumcised on Satarday and has received his Islamic name Muhammad Salih, I have been named Zaynab Nasriyah, my daughters Mariam Sulthna and Fazriya Razeeka ,it was very emotional going through conversion and the love and the accaptence shown by our community was great , getting used to new different life I have managed to pray five times without fail over the last week.Hope every thing will go well for my family, please pray for us,

Zaynab (tharshini)
                  Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar.

May Allah make it easy for you and your family.

Feel free to make anew thread if you have any questions or concerns.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Tharshini View Post

Zaynab (tharshini)
                    Wow, mashallah

Its amazing how fast you want to follow the religion 100 %

I'll make mention of you in my prayer sister Zaynab :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X