Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
    Sister don't let the above posters put you off from wearing a niqab, I say put your trust in Allah and go for it!
    Jumping to Niqab is not a good idea she should take everything a step at a time.
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
      Jumping to Niqab is not a good idea she should take everything a step at a time.
      I understand where your coming from but at the same time if she has the motivation to wear it then she shouldn't be discouraged. Anyhow I think we're getting off-topic as she asked for personal experiences of sisters who wear niqab.

Comment

I understand where your coming from but at the same time if she has the motivation to wear it then she shouldn't be discouraged. Anyhow I think we're getting off-topic as she asked for personal experiences of sisters who wear niqab.

Comment

I do wear niqab. That's why I'm telling her she should take her time niqab isn't like hijab. I made a whole entire thread to show people how to take Islam a step at a time. The Sister should fist focus on her relationship with Allah and building it the she should focus on loving the Prophet :saw: no one I mean no one should jump to something so quick. There is a Hadith in which Aisha (rd) said if the Prophet :saw: told everyone to stop drinking they would have never stopped drinking and if He :saw: had told them to stop committing Zina they would have never stopped but the Prophet :saw: first orders to believe in no god except Allah I'm just from personal experience she should take things slow
          Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by seekingone View Post
            Its not her opinion, there is a genuine difference of opinion on the niqab

Coming back to the OP, Inshallah you will be OK, if you have made that decision, go for it, May Allah swt guide you and make it easy for you.
            She said it's her opinion, so it's her opinion obviously... anyone with half a brain would have figured that out.
            Ameen
            Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Like someone above said the first thing you should focus on is : shahada as death can come anytime.

Secondly, if you feel ready for the niqab (by ready I mean your intention is to please Allah, not society or your husband) then go for it.

May Allah make it easy for you and keep you firm on His path. However if I was you I would consider taking it a step by step.

So first shahada, then prayer, followed by Hijab and learning the religion and finally niqab.

But that is just me, I can't take on too much or I end up burning out and going backwards rather than forward.

Anyway, Alhamdulillah you and your family are being guided. May Allah increase and protect your iman.
              Gone with the wind.

Comment

:masha:

This is a lovely romantic story, a woman and her husband finding Islam.

Welcome to Islam and may Allah make it easy for you.

With regards to wearing niqab......do what you can and when you feel ready. Nobody will blame you or think badly of you if you want to take things small steps at a time.

But if you feel you're ready to wear Niqab straight away then go for it.

Comment

-You, your husband and two daughters want to convert to Islam? Alhamdulillah I've never seen or heard of a whole family converting together in this day and age.

Comment

Alhamdulillah for you finding Islam. My family also accepted Islam alhamdulillah. My mother covers although not in niqab and my father has a beard alhamdulillah.

Don't let others make you feel any less about niqab. My wife does not wear niqab and neither does my mother, but a few of my friend's wives do. I have immense respect for niqabis. If you chose to do this alhamdulillah. It is an honor.

Think about this. You shouldn't worry about what people think, you should worry about what Allah thinks. Whether it's muslims or non-muslims, you shouldn't care what people think you should care what Allah (subhanawatala) thinks of you.

I've had muslims criticize me for having a beard, and I don't have a full sunnah beard... not to mention some non-muslims who try to poke fun at facial hair. Likewise my mother has actually been asked by some muslims who were 'born muslim' why she has to wear hijab... yes... its pretty pathetic. But you know what my mother doesn't care what others think she cares about what Allah thinks.

Secondly think about this. Would you feel nervous if you went out the way you already dress? Lets take an example of someone who dresses sexually provocative (I'm not saying you or anyone in particular but just as an example). Do they feel shyness or remorse over themselves? No chances are they are probably even PROUD of the way they are. Well, there is nothing to fear or be afraid of in covering either. You should be proud of being muslim and of covering. You are covering yourself so that is your own dignity that's being protected.

I've had people throw comments or make faces at my parents and me for 'looking like muslims' in public... it doesn't stop us from being muslims.

Anyways, the biggest blessing in our lives is when we find Islam alhamdulillah.

Comment

I do wear niqab. That's why I'm telling her she should take her time niqab isn't like hijab. I made a whole entire thread to show people how to take Islam a step at a time. The Sister should fist focus on her relationship with Allah and building it the she should focus on loving the Prophet :saw: no one I mean no one should jump to something so quick. There is a Hadith in which Aisha (rd) said if the Prophet :saw: told everyone to stop drinking they would have never stopped drinking and if He :saw: had told them to stop committing Zina they would have never stopped but the Prophet :saw: first orders to believe in no god except Allah I'm just from personal experience she should take things slow
                      Yes but the difference in this case is that ( from my understanding) she seems to want to wear the niqab and that nobody is forcing her to. You say the first orders to believe in no god but Allah which is of course true but that shouldn't stop someone from wearing niqab

Comment

Yes but the difference in this case is that ( from my understanding) she seems to want to wear the niqab and that nobody is forcing her to. You say the first orders to believe in no god but Allah which is of course true but that shouldn't stop someone from wearing niqab
                        I didn't say she shouldn't wear it. The sister asked for advice so I gave her advice if she's dead set in wearing it then no need for advice do what Allah is guiding you to do.

Comment

I didn't say she shouldn't wear it. The sister asked for advice so I gave her advice if she's dead set in wearing it then no need for advice do what Allah is guiding you to do.
                          indeed

Comment

Originally posted by seekingone View Post
                            Its not her opinion, there is a genuine difference of opinion on the niqab

Coming back to the OP, Inshallah you will be OK, if you have made that decision, go for it, May Allah swt guide you and make it easy for you.
                            apparently it is not that genuine

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
                            She said it's her opinion, so it's her opinion obviously... anyone with half a brain would have figured that out.
                            Ameen
                            i apparently need to spell it out "I dont hold the opinion" means : i follow the maliki madhab for which the awrah is everything but the face and the hands. Niqab is always a matter of legal opinion and then a preference.
                            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

:salams

Welcome to Islaam sister mashaAllah. I'd like to point out that salah (prayer) is much more important than hijab. There can be Islaam without hijab, but not without salah; so perfecting your prayer and connection to Allah should be your foremost concern.

I don't feel comfortable answering these questions in a thread that brothers can read, but I will say that i just use a normal oblong shayla and pull it around my mouth when I need to cover my face. I don't do the whole separate khimaar/niqab/cap/tie thing. In my opinion, this one piece of cloth is easier, faster and works much better than all that extra paraphernalia. It's also lighter and lets the air flow so you don't sweat. It's obviously not a good choice for winter since your ears and nose might still freeze through the cloth lol.

I hope our answers helped you sis :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Tharshini View Post
                                Hi everyone

Me and my husband are converting to Islam very soon, We were introduced to Islam by our neighbours who convinced us that we should take up to islam, after thinking about it for 2 years my husband wanted to convert so I also agreed along with our *2 young *daughters. They have told me that once I convert I will be required to cover my self completely. I have some questions that i will want some understanding.

I have been advised I wear an abaya, cover the head (with a hijab or khimar) and wear a niqab (3 layer niqab ) and gloves for my hands.

1.I am very nervous about being covered completely, also but scared , how will people see me and being used be seen with myself visible covering my self makes me think how will i look in society?

2.How does it feel to be covered completely and wear niqab?

3.Is it difficult to walk when we are covered

4.Will it be easy to breathe? Does it get hot inside.

5.I was wondering what should I use to cover my head a *hijab or a khimar? Which one is convenient?

6.How long should be my abaya ? Should it be touching the ground or just above it? Should I wear something inbetween my abaya and normal clothing?

7. I would like some opinions from ladies who wear niqab*

Thanks
                                I feel you sister, as a revert it is hard to just get by thinking you are not doing enough. Good luck, I found peace in islam and so will you insha allah!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X