X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmed2013
    replied
    Re: Converting to Islam and wearing a Niqab

Alhamdulillah for you finding Islam. My family also accepted Islam alhamdulillah. My mother covers although not in niqab and my father has a beard alhamdulillah.

Don't let others make you feel any less about niqab. My wife does not wear niqab and neither does my mother, but a few of my friend's wives do. I have immense respect for niqabis. If you chose to do this alhamdulillah. It is an honor.

Think about this. You shouldn't worry about what people think, you should worry about what Allah thinks. Whether it's muslims or non-muslims, you shouldn't care what people think you should care what Allah (subhanawatala) thinks of you.

I've had muslims criticize me for having a beard, and I don't have a full sunnah beard... not to mention some non-muslims who try to poke fun at facial hair. Likewise my mother has actually been asked by some muslims who were 'born muslim' why she has to wear hijab... yes... its pretty pathetic. But you know what my mother doesn't care what others think she cares about what Allah thinks.

Secondly think about this. Would you feel nervous if you went out the way you already dress? Lets take an example of someone who dresses sexually provocative (I'm not saying you or anyone in particular but just as an example). Do they feel shyness or remorse over themselves? No chances are they are probably even PROUD of the way they are. Well, there is nothing to fear or be afraid of in covering either. You should be proud of being muslim and of covering. You are covering yourself so that is your own dignity that's being protected.

I've had people throw comments or make faces at my parents and me for 'looking like muslims' in public... it doesn't stop us from being muslims.

Anyways, the biggest blessing in our lives is when we find Islam alhamdulillah.

Leave a comment:

• TheNamesMalik
    replied

-You, your husband and two daughters want to convert to Islam? Alhamdulillah I've never seen or heard of a whole family converting together in this day and age.

Leave a comment:

• Rainyday
    replied

:masha:

This is a lovely romantic story, a woman and her husband finding Islam.

Welcome to Islam and may Allah make it easy for you.

With regards to wearing niqab......do what you can and when you feel ready. Nobody will blame you or think badly of you if you want to take things small steps at a time.

But if you feel you're ready to wear Niqab straight away then go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel101
    replied

Like someone above said the first thing you should focus on is : shahada as death can come anytime.

Secondly, if you feel ready for the niqab (by ready I mean your intention is to please Allah, not society or your husband) then go for it.

May Allah make it easy for you and keep you firm on His path. However if I was you I would consider taking it a step by step.

So first shahada, then prayer, followed by Hijab and learning the religion and finally niqab.

But that is just me, I can't take on too much or I end up burning out and going backwards rather than forward.

Anyway, Alhamdulillah you and your family are being guided. May Allah increase and protect your iman.

Leave a comment:

• Hannahk92
    replied

Originally posted by seekingone View Post
    Its not her opinion, there is a genuine difference of opinion on the niqab

Coming back to the OP, Inshallah you will be OK, if you have made that decision, go for it, May Allah swt guide you and make it easy for you.
    She said it's her opinion, so it's her opinion obviously... anyone with half a brain would have figured that out.
    Ameen

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
    I understand where your coming from but at the same time if she has the motivation to wear it then she shouldn't be discouraged. Anyhow I think we're getting off-topic as she asked for personal experiences of sisters who wear niqab.
    I do wear niqab. That's why I'm telling her she should take her time niqab isn't like hijab. I made a whole entire thread to show people how to take Islam a step at a time. The Sister should fist focus on her relationship with Allah and building it the she should focus on loving the Prophet :saw: no one I mean no one should jump to something so quick. There is a Hadith in which Aisha (rd) said if the Prophet :saw: told everyone to stop drinking they would have never stopped drinking and if He :saw: had told them to stop committing Zina they would have never stopped but the Prophet :saw: first orders to believe in no god except Allah I'm just from personal experience she should take things slow

Leave a comment:

• seagulls1999
    replied

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    Jumping to Niqab is not a good idea she should take everything a step at a time.
    I understand where your coming from but at the same time if she has the motivation to wear it then she shouldn't be discouraged. Anyhow I think we're getting off-topic as she asked for personal experiences of sisters who wear niqab.

Leave a comment:

• seagulls1999
    replied

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    Jumping to Niqab is not a good idea she should take everything a step at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
    Sister don't let the above posters put you off from wearing a niqab, I say put your trust in Allah and go for it!

Leave a comment:

• ..wadi..
    replied

Originally posted by Tharshini View Post
    Hi everyone

Me and my husband are converting to Islam very soon
    Hi Tharshini

Before you worry about hijab or niqab you and your husband should say the shahada asap. It is an Islamic concept to believe that death can approach us at any second and we should seek to return to Allah The Most Beneficent and The Most Merciful in the best state possible. You cannot guarantee you'll be alive in next hour, nevermind the next day or week.

So as soon as you finish reading this post go and say your shahada. It will be the most important and valuable action you ever take, don't miss the opportunity so many others have missed.

Leave a comment:

• FeedMEknowledge
    replied

awww this is so cute and alhamdullah you and your WHOLE family are converting to islam. This is awesome
    Hi everyone

Me and my husband are converting to Islam very soon, We were introduced to Islam by our neighbours who convinced us that we should take up to islam, after thinking about it for 2 years my husband wanted to convert so I also agreed along with our *2 young *daughters. They have told me that once I convert I will be required to cover my self completely. I have some questions that i will want some understanding.

I have been advised I wear an abaya, cover the head (with a hijab or khimar) and wear a niqab (3 layer niqab ) and gloves for my hands.

1.I am very nervous about being covered completely, also but scared , how will people see me and being used be seen with myself visible covering my self makes me think how will i look in society?

2.How does it feel to be covered completely and wear niqab?

3.Is it difficult to walk when we are covered

4.Will it be easy to breathe? Does it get hot inside.

5.I was wondering what should I use to cover my head a *hijab or a khimar? Which one is convenient?

6.How long should be my abaya ? Should it be touching the ground or just above it? Should I wear something inbetween my abaya and normal clothing?

7. I would like some opinions from ladies who wear niqab*

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• seekingone
    replied

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    Eaxctly it's your opinion
    Its not her opinion, there is a genuine difference of opinion on the niqab

Coming back to the OP, Inshallah you will be OK, if you have made that decision, go for it, May Allah swt guide you and make it easy for you.

Leave a comment:

• Sharmeen
    replied

Thanks for your suggestion, but it also depends on circumstances, like I am being guided towards Islam and they prefer me being completely covered,also my husband also prefers me to be covered completely so I will have to start wearing the niqab once I say the shahada
    Then keep no doubts in your heart sister. Don't feel nervous. You will get used to soon in sha Allah. :) Such a good news! Allahu Akbar!

Leave a comment:

• Tharshini
    replied

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
    Sister take it step by step... I started off wearing a head scarf then moved on to abaya.. and will :insha: be wearing a niqaab soon. If you make the huge jump you could come to resenting it. At first you will feel like everything is staring at you... that's completely natural... that feeling will soon fade. First and foremost we should be identifying as Muslims and not be afraid to show that we are Muslim.
    Thank you, but the community I live in believe that it's important for ladies particularly married women like me to wear a niqab , my husband also believes in it so I felt I should start wearing the hijab straight away.

Leave a comment:

• Tharshini
    replied

Originally posted by Sharmeen View Post
    Alhumdulillah you have chosen the right path Sister. I'm a born Muslim but still I'm not in Hijab or Niqab. I just wear selwar kamiz and cover my head. But soon in sha Allah I'll get covered, like entirely. I live in a Muslim country so it wouldn't be tough for me. As you are new to Islam, go a bit slow. Explore things then choose what you want to do. I feel niqab is better.
    Thanks for your suggestion, but it also depends on circumstances, like I am being guided towards Islam and they prefer me being completely covered,also my husband also prefers me to be covered completely so I will have to start wearing the niqab once I say the shahada

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X