Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #BlackandNoble

:salams

Did anyone watch this? Unfortunately I was out while this aired, so I'll have to wait for the video to be uploaded, but I did hear it was pretty amazing.

If you watched it, what were your thoughts on it? If you didn't watch it, it will eventually be posted on http://ilftexas.org, probably within a few days.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Re: #BlackandNoble

Salam, what's it about?
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

jazzakAllah khair for this thread Pippin.

I spent half the day just tuned into the lectures alhamdulilah. Short summary

First, Ustadh NAK talked about ayahs in the Q'uran that show Allah has made us all different as a 'sign' of Allah's magnificence and that just because we are from different tribes, skin colours etc. It's not something to be used i.e. (Racism) to look down upon one another but a remembrance in the signs of Allah swts greatness and basically on the jist that we shouldn't be racist.

Then Shyk, Omar Suleiman talked about famous black people in the history of Islam. So he talked about how wise Luqman was and mentioned another person but I forgot his name but he was a captive slave that was gifted to Khadija (ra) and how Rasool Allah S.A.W had treated these great men (who were black) and how close they were in his heart. subhanAllah. Forgive me if I am wrong but I think they mentioned that the woman/adopted mother of Rasool Allah S.A.W was also dark skinned and one of the most kindest people in our history, Rasool Allah s.a.w called her a woman of jannah.

Talked about Bilal (ra) and it was quite beautiful, he was the first person to give adhaan in the three holy sites of Islam - subhanAllah. It's quite beautiful and shows that one of the most esteemed people in the history of Islam was dark skinned and shows you how wrong modern society, especially Muslims have become when it comes to race and 'dark' skin.

Then Imam Khalid Griggs who has quite a bit of knowledge on Malcom X basically talked about a lot of misconceptions Muslims have of him because some people believe that he didn't die a Muslim. Anyway I've actually ordered his auto biography so I'm really curious to find out more about this brother who is held in high esteem. Imam Khalid Griggs mentioned that a lot of African Americans reverted to Islam because of his story.

insha'Allah they'll do more lectures like this, it's so important to reach out to the black community as Islam is their ancestral religion.

Comment

I think it is sad that we have to have these kind of lectures because it suggests something about the way we deal with people of a darker complexion

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
          I think it is sad that we have to have these kind of lectures because it suggests something about the way we deal with people of a darker complexion
          It's actually black history month in North America too btw, racism is a widespread problem not just within the Muslim community but the whole world.

Comment

Syria

Central African Republic
            Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

hi, i saw it on my facebook feed and i watched a bit of it in the live clip
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritualSeeker View Post
                It's actually black history month in North America too btw, racism is a widespread problem not just within the Muslim community but the whole world.
                Why do you have to have a whole month dedicated to black history. Why can't it just be part of the national syllabus.

I think it's sad that all

Comment

Why do you have to have a whole month dedicated to black history. Why can't it just be part of the national syllabus.

Yes I agree on that point, they need a month because they don't want to integrate black history as a part of all history.
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

It is sad that there isn't enough education on this, no surprise though because the 'system' schools, governments, those with higher seatings within the world choose to keep people dumb and ignorant.

Comment

Isha Allah will watch it
                      Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
                      “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

Working...
                      X