X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awkward eye contact

:salams:

So basically I start work tomorrow..

I have a muslim manager, and it was so awkward giving him eye contact in the interview
    i couldnt even like look at him properly.. i feel he had to catch my eyes every time my eyes moved elsewhere, i just couldnt look at him

iv never spoken a non mahram aswell, so it makes it scarier

what do i do in these kind of situations.. i feel like im sin-ing working with a male lol

:jkk:
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Re: awkward eye contact

say to him in a deep and husky voice, "back off"
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      say to him in a deep and husky voice, "back off"
      wait why should i tell him to back off if he hasnt done anything lool
      i just feel bare uncomfortable

Comment

:wswrwb:

avoid it as much as possible and try to look some where else if you can ... like at that persons nose or something ...

that's the most I can say ... eye contact with the opposing gender is how bad stuff happens ...
        How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
          wait why should i tell him to back off if he hasnt done anything lool
          i just feel bare uncomfortable
          hmm, i see.
          They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Do your job to the best of your ability and avoid eye contact. I'm in a similar situation...
            [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1aGGYunNIQ[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
              :wswrwb:

avoid it as much as possible and try to look some where else if you can ... like at that persons nose or something ...

that's the most I can say ... eye contact with the opposing gender is how bad stuff happens ...
              Also seeing as he's Muslim, it might be better also if the sisters tells him that she will maintain minimum Eye contact, and remind him of this basic Islamic principle, so that he doesn't get the wrong impression of the sister.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                Also seeing as he's Muslim, it might be better also if the sisters tells him that she will maintain minimum Eye contact, and remind him of this basic Islamic principle, so that he doesn't get the wrong impression of the sister.

Good point ... the eye contact stuff was probably on for the interview anyway, so the sister won't probably have to even worry about it now.
                How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                  Good point ... the eye contact stuff was probably on for the interview anyway, so the sister won't probably have to even worry about it now.
                  inshaAllah :jkk: for the responses.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. Its just you can tell a lot about someone by there eye movements, thats probably not the only thing he was testing you on. He was probably checking if you talk confidently, or stuff like that. It was probably just for the interview.

Comment

Working...
                    X