Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking

How can I get my dad to stop smoking? He's very religious yet this is one habit he cannot seem to stop.

He's also very ill at this period of time. He's been feeling unwell and has completely lost his voice.

It's saddening. I really wish people would take a greater responsibility for their health.

When I speak to my parents they turn a blind eye and tell me to stop speaking.

Re: Smoking

Yeah, this is a difficult one acki, am sure your dad has been there done that with all the solutions. you just gotta be creative and with the help of Allah sw you'll be successful in sha Allah

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
    they turn a blind eye and tell me to stop speaking.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

He probably will realize and stop smoking when he sees his health going downhill.

Continue speaking to them but not when they'r in a flustered mood.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

There is no disagreement among the physicians and sane people that smoking is harmful for health. It is one of the major causes of lung cancer and other diseases. It is also one of the major causes of death. Since, it is known that the Islamic law prohibits everything that is harmful for a human being. Allah said (interpretation of meaning):
        "Do not kill yourself. Allah is Merciful unto you." (Surat al-Nisaa' 4:29)

In addition, His Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him) said:

"There is no harm or causing of harm (in Islaam)." (Arabic "laa darar wa laa diraar")

He SAWS (peace be upon him) also said:

"A person will not be able to move on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about ... his body as to what he engaged it in."

Smoking also goes against the saying of the Prophet SAWS:

"Your body has a right on you."
        Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Considering all that has been presented, it can be clearly seen that smoking is an evil among many others. It is not permissible to indulge in it, or buy and sell it, or even to offer it to others. It is incumbent on a person who is addicted to it that he must make all efforts and get whatever necessary treatment to stop it. If the unbelievers have understood the harm caused by smoking and made laws regarding it, the Muslims should be even more eager to stop it and treat those who are addicted to it.

We ask Allah the Almighty to cure everyone indulging in this evil and help him in giving it up. Allah is the Best Guide to the Right Path.

Islam Q&A
            Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X