Niqab at weddings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niqab at weddings? SISTERS ONLY PLEASE

Alhamdulillah I'm not from such a culture. I went to friend back years ago. We 16-17 . She was Lebanese. She started showing all these wedding pictures of her sisters husbands cousin or somethings wedding.
    Then some low quality video from back then. All these women dancing and tight dresses etc.
    I had nothing to do with the relatives in any way but I was being shown the videos etc.
    It was learning experience though because I didn't know such weddings exist.
    Years later a friend of mine married a Lebanese man. I had to tell her I wouldn't be coming since its mixed

I really didn't know what happens at weddings lol.
    Weddings where I'm from is a lunch or dinner in a hall. There's no dancing or music even. It is mixed though 90% of the time
    Falling over toys....

Comment

Originally posted by redball View Post
      Alhamdulillah I'm not from such a culture. I went to friend back years ago. We 16-17 . She was Lebanese. She started showing all these wedding pictures of her sisters husbands cousin or somethings wedding.
      Then some low quality video from back then. All these women dancing and tight dresses etc.
      I had nothing to do with the relatives in any way but I was being shown the videos etc.
      It was learning experience though because I didn't know such weddings exist.
      Years later a friend of mine married a Lebanese man. I had to tell her I wouldn't be coming since its mixed

I really didn't know what happens at weddings lol.
      Weddings where I'm from is a lunch or dinner in a hall. There's no dancing or music even. It is mixed though 90% of the time
      Alhamduila our weddings are never mixed. I was watching old videos of weddings no one was in tight dresses no music. (Dancing and playing the duff though is permissible in weddings so they were doing that) but their dancing wasn't bad as it is now and now a days music is played at weddings and not a simple duff.

The only thing I noticed was that in the old days women in their 20's and 30's didn't wear hijab >_< but now girls who are in puberty wear the hijab. I remembering going to a wedding every single girl who reached puberty was wearing hijab
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

I think if you feel comfortable wearing your niqab- keep it ON.You are doing it for the right reasons.

I think I would probably keep it with me, so I could easily slip it on if needed. But I love getting dressed up for weddings too! I would wear a long, loose dress but something a bit fancy like this: http://khaleejiabaya.com/jalabiya-ka...aleeji-kaftans

I love the purple one!

But don't worry what anyone else thinks- do what you feel is right.
        KhaleejiAbaya.Com

Comment

Re: Niqab at weddings?

This confused me...

Are brothers allowed to walk into the sisters area during a wedding?
          Last edited by Hamdi33; 17-02-14, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Re: Niqab at weddings?

Originally posted by Hamdi33 View Post
            This confused me...

Are brothers allowed to walk into the sisters area during a wedding?
            NO!

But a lot of people do things that are not allowed in Islam because it's acceptable in their culture or tradition.

Even one brother should not be in the sisters' area, whether he is the groom or father of the bride, etc. unless he is mahram to all the women there. If he isn't, then he shouldn't be there. And if any man who is not a mahram is doing to be going into the sisters' area then they should all dress how they would outside when around non-mahram men.

Comment

--
              Last edited by Sirius; 21-02-14, 10:41 PM.
              'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
              Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
              علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Nur1980 View Post
                I think if you feel comfortable wearing your niqab- keep it ON.You are doing it for the right reasons.

I think I would probably keep it with me, so I could easily slip it on if needed. But I love getting dressed up for weddings too! I would wear a long, loose dress but something a bit fancy like this: http://khaleejiabaya.com/jalabiya-ka...aleeji-kaftans

I love the purple one!

But don't worry what anyone else thinks- do what you feel is right.
                Those are loose enough for me to wear to a wedding and fancy enough they are so pretty!! I really like the green one and black one!!!
                Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                  there's a time to be serious.
                  unless it's family or trusted friend, if some random person started getting snappy you go directly to them and ask them to politely delete.
                  i will NEVER understand the need to violate a sister's privacy like, what awful manners !

imagine if the sister wears niqaab and you're taking pictures without permission, are you serious ?
                  I see a lot of people just snapping pictures and I'm like "Wth!!" It's inappropriate

Comment

I think you can wear smth like those dresses-kaftans and to choose matching headscarf which you can use also to cover your face with a nice hairclip or brooch. So it will be not a proper niqab, but the fave is covered)))

Comment

Niqab at weddings?

Oh yeah guys how do I make a niqab the same colour as my headscarf to cover my nose and mouth? Got a lot of special occasions to go too
                      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Working...
                      X