Niqab at weddings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niqab at weddings?

I have a tiny problem my cousin is getting married in a few months and of course the wedding will be separated. But I still want to wear the niqab because I fear someone will go tell their sons how I look (I'm sure sisters know what I mean) but I wanna wear a dress too. The only problem is I've never seen a sister wear niqab and a dress :/ so should I just wear a abaya? Or can I wear a dress with a silk or stain jacket over the dress?
    Last edited by Allah's_Servant; 14-02-14, 02:49 PM. Reason: Some pictures are not okay for bros to look at so sisters only please
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Re: Niqab at weddings?

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    I have a tiny problem my cousin is getting married in a few months and of course the wedding will be separated. But I still want to wear the niqab because I fear someone will go tell their sons how I look (I'm sure sisters know what I mean) but I wanna wear a dress too. The only problem is I've never seen a sister wear niqab and a dress :/ so should I just wear a abaya? Or can I wear a dress with a silk or stain jacket over the dress?
    Sorry sis, can't help you with this question but I do want to understand why you don't want mothers to tell their sons about you? Isn't that they right way to go?
    How will you ever get married if nobody knows how you look like?

I am just curious how it works with sisters who wear niqab.
    My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
      Sorry sis, can't help you with this question but I do want to understand why you don't want mothers to tell their sons about you? Isn't that they right way to go?
      How will you ever get married if nobody knows how you look like?

I am just curious how it works with sisters who wear niqab.
      That's what some might think but the problem is that most women go and describe the girl in detail to her son or sons, her husband and her brothers. (You can see the problem) This is why I want to wear the niqab and then groom (my cousin) will come in. Palestine weddings are like this men and women are separate but then the groom comes in and dances with the bride and his mom and his sister. So even then I still need to wear niqab. But idk If I can wear a dress or not :/

Usually in Palestine culture someone will say "I saw this girl and blah blah." to a lot of women and then they women will start coming to your house and asking to see you. Instead of them seeing me I let my mom meet them and talk to them and if she likes them then they will set up another meeting for me to meet the guy and the guy to meet me (without niqab but I still wear hijab)
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

That's what some might think but the problem is that most women go and describe the girl in detail to her son or sons, her husband and her brothers. (You can see the problem) This is why I want to wear the niqab and then groom (my cousin) will come in. Palestine weddings are like this men and women are separate but then the groom comes in and dances with the bride and his mom and his sister. So even then I still need to wear niqab. But idk If I can wear a dress or not :/

Usually in Palestine culture someone will say "I saw this girl and blah blah." to a lot of women and then they women will start coming to your house and asking to see you. Instead of them seeing me I let my mom meet them and talk to them and if she likes them then they will set up another meeting for me to meet the guy and the guy to meet me (without niqab but I still wear hijab)
        I understand that you want to keep niqab on when the Groom comes in the room.

Why can't you wear a dress? As long as it's all covered and goes well with the niqab I don't see the problem.
        InshaAllah a sister on here who actually wears niqab can answer your question.

Moroccan weddings is like a Marriage Market, everyone is checking out everyone. It's the right place to put yourself out there when you want to get married.
        My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
          I understand that you want to keep niqab on when the Groom comes in the room.

Why can't you wear a dress? As long as it's all covered and goes well with the niqab I don't see the problem.
          InshaAllah a sister on here who actually wears niqab can answer your question.

Moroccan weddings is like a Marriage Market, everyone is checking out everyone. It's the right place to put yourself out there when you want to get married.
          Idk... No one in my family wears niqab so Idk if it's okay for me to wear a dress and if I can wear a dress how should the dress be in ways of hiding my figure.

:rotfl: totally sounds like a Pali wedding lol. If a guy wants to get married the moms go to all weddings and check every single girl out

Comment

do what you want who cares!!!

i cant relate because it is something that "i hope" is not happening where i live, so it is the PRETTY DRESS MAKE UP DAY!!!!
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
              do what you want who cares!!!

i cant relate because it is something that "i hope" is not happening where i live, so it is the PRETTY DRESS MAKE UP DAY!!!!
              lol I wanna wear a dress I'm just scared a dress may be too revealing or too tight?

Comment

lol I wanna wear a dress I'm just scared a dress may be too revealing or too tight?
                it is up with what you are comfortable with, you have wedding jilbabs i think but they're more for the bride than the guest...

you have these http://www.totallymodest.com/ in green on the front page, with a cardigan and a niqab from the same colour it should look nice :)
                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

it is up with what you are comfortable with, you have wedding jilbabs i think but they're more for the bride than the guest...

you have these http://www.totallymodest.com/ in green on the front page, with a cardigan and a niqab from the same colour it should look nice :)
                  I really this one with a blue stain jacket and a light blue niqab it would look nice. http://www.totallymodest.com/detail....Pos=5#subtitle

Comment

I really this one with a blue stain jacket and a light blue niqab it would look nice. http://www.totallymodest.com/detail....Pos=5#subtitle
                    see everything's possible

now off you go buying or making a dress and add any niqab on it because your blue dress is like 378 dollars lol and mine is also too expensive

Comment

see everything's possible

now off you go buying or making a dress and add any niqab on it because your blue dress is like 378 dollars lol and mine is also too expensive
                      I ain't even look at the price >_< lol Maybe I'll buy it then give it to charity? Does that work? lol

Comment

I ain't even look at the price >_< lol Maybe I'll buy it then give it to charity? Does that work? lol
                        lol no buy it and rent it when you're done :)

Comment

Re: Niqab at weddings? SISTERS ONLY PLEASE

Yes you can! As long as it's all modest..... So what if you've never seen it.. Set the trend! Alhamdulillah. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

I don't understand. If men are going to come in then you would need an abayah plus niqab as a dress isn't sufficient as an abayah. Wearing both from the start is probably what I'd do, or just not go if I don't feel comfortable there. I didn't go to my cousin's wedding partly because of the staring women but also because it was full of haraam.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                              I don't understand. If men are going to come in then you would need an abayah plus niqab as a dress isn't sufficient as an abayah. Wearing both from the start is probably what I'd do, or just not go if I don't feel comfortable there. I didn't go to my cousin's wedding partly because of the staring women but also because it was full of haraam.
                              ^ this
                              "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                              (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                              He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Working...
                              X