Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flooded areas and Abayas don't mix - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooded areas and Abayas don't mix - help!

:start:
    :salams

If you have jeans on underneath, is it ok to hitch up your abaya, either by stitching it or holding it up temporarily, when going through really deep puddles, floods or really wet weather?

I seriously can't deal with soaking wet heavy abaya that looks so bad when you go inside somewhere. Really the wetness creeps up to the knees because of the flooded roads and pavements.

Thank you in advance and may Allah, subhana wa ta ala, bless you aks and ukths

Re: Flooded areas and Abayas don't mix - help!

Waalaikumussalam,

In my view i dont think their is a problem as , you are still wearing something underneath and it can be unsafe as you might trip and fall if not in the water ( not sure about the stitching bit , but i am referring to temporarily holding it up )
    I hope some sisters can clarify and give you a better answer.

But , yeah i have seen the news in the south east , be safe sis, dont go out unless you need to.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Comment

Ughh i hate wet abaya's. Honestly it makes me look even messier than I already am.
      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
        :start:
        :salams

If you have jeans on underneath, is it ok to hitch up your abaya, either by stitching it or holding it up temporarily, when going through really deep puddles, floods or really wet weather?

I seriously can't deal with soaking wet heavy abaya that looks so bad when you go inside somewhere. Really the wetness creeps up to the knees because of the flooded roads and pavements.

Thank you in advance and may Allah, subhana wa ta ala, bless you aks and ukths
        Thats what i do at times........ idunno thats why i hate long super flowy abayas.. theres too much crap on the floors n stuff. and then taking it off? i would love an abaya that opened up (like jacket style with buttons... ) that way you dont have to touch the bottom yuckiness

please go vote... thanks http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ition-VOTE-NOW!!!!
        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

It's absolutely disgusting and unsanitary to have an abaya (or any other article of clothing) that touches the floor.

Comment

I hate it when this happens especially when attending a gathering where everyone is sat on the floor.

End up sitting on wet abaya :/ (so uncomfortable)
            "Do not get attached to what will not stay with you, get closer to The One Who never leaves you"
            (Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Comment

I don't think doing this is a problem, sometimes it is necessary.

Comment

wear TALL waterboots
                Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Flooded areas and Abayas don't mix - help!

wear rain coat with an abaya :)

Comment

Imagine praying in a mosque eith such an abaya. Trololol. Wear jeans abd wellingtons ? Or what are they called..rubber boot shoes...
                    6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Yes the solution is simple - don't wear such long abayas.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                        Yes the solution is simple - don't wear such long abayas.
                        Having an abaya that's long enought to touch the shoes but not drag is the solution, because we are told to cover from head to toe, literally. But that's not going to help OP either way.
                        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

The solution is to walk on stilts.

You can always rely on the atheists to find an innovative solution. You can have that consultancy for free.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your answers. JazakAllahukharain.

I think the open fronted abaya (like a military style coat) would be a solution to not taking the wet rubbish over your head. I seen some online like that. In sha Allah, ima get me one.

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
                              The solution is to walk on stilts.

You can always rely on the atheists to find an innovative solution. You can have that consultancy for free.
                              Innovation is not permitted in Islam #humour

Comment

Working...
                              X