X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Islamic Jahiliyyah vs Today's Jahiliyyah

Which one is worse?

I came across this.

At the time of the Prophet's call to Messengership, the moral level of Arabia was extremely low from every point of view. Only a few primitive tribal customs prevailed. Fornication was rampant in various forms and was considered something to be proud of, as is the case among all jahili societies, old or new.

'Aisha-may Allah be pleased with her -describes the condition of society of the Days of Ignorance in the following words:

"There were four kinds of marriages during Jahiliyyah.

One was as we have it today; that is, a man would ask a person for the hand of his daughter or his ward in marriage, would pay the marriage-gift, and would marry her.

The second type was that a man would tell his wife, in between her menstrual periods, to call such and such man and become pregnant by him. He would stay away from her and would not touch her until the signs of pregnancy appeared. If he then wished, he would have intercourse with her. He adopted this method to obtain a son of high lineage.

A third form of marriage was polyandry. A group of men, less than ten, would come to a woman and have sexual intercourse with her. If she became pregnant and then gave birth to a child, and a few nights passed after childbirth, she would call them. No one could refuse this call. When they would all gather, she would tell them, 'You know the result. I have given birth to a child.' Then she would point to one of them and would say, 'This is his child.' The child would then be named after that person and would be considered his, and he could not deny this. A fourth form of marriage was that many men would go to a woman, and she was willing to accept any.

Actually, these were prostitutes and would place a flag in front of their doors as a sign. Anyone who wished would go to them. If such a woman became pregnant, after the delivery many people would gather by her and would call an expert in recognizing resemblances. To whomever he would ascribe the child's paternity, the child would be considered his and he could not refuse it."
    Pre Islamic Jahiliyyah
    42.86%
    Today's Jahilliyah
    57.14%
    ومن احسن من الله حكما لقوم يقنون

Re: Pre Islamic Jahiliyyah vs Today's Jahiliyyah

I have to say Pre-Islamic because at least today, where though people are not religious, nonetheless certain religious morals have influenced them, so they do not behave in crazy ways as they pre-Islamic people did. I mean you still get crazies, but not as many, e.g. sacrificing children, doing tawaf around the Ka'bah nude etc. etc.

Comment

Today's because we have Islam, people before had no Islam. So Jahil behaving cultural muslims today are worse than those pagan jahils because muslims shoudl know better, yet they behave in the same ways, think in the same ways, etc... but will call themselves muslim.

Likewise today, people try to mask jahiliya with intelligence. Take any immoral values in western society and how they are justified through rationalizations. How things are propagated, popularized, etc...

The difference today however is, we have the means to knowledge. Which is better... but still... I believe lack of knowledge is not as bad as having knowledge but not acting according to it.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
        I have to say Pre-Islamic because at least today, where though people are not religious, nonetheless certain religious morals have influenced them, so they do not behave in crazy ways as they pre-Islamic people did. I mean you still get crazies, but not as many, e.g. sacrificing children, doing tawaf around the Ka'bah nude etc. etc.
        Most of them probably exist today in different formats e.g. it can be said

abortion = sacrificing children

nude tawaf around the Ka'bah = nude beaches. Iirc its legal in New York for a woman to walk topless in public or something.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous321 View Post
          Most of them probably exist today in different formats e.g. it can be said

abortion = sacrificing children

nude tawaf around the Ka'bah = nude beaches. Iirc its legal in New York for a woman to walk topless in public or something.
          True, I didn't think of that actually. I don't know, it's kind of a tough question. What I was getting at though is that although abortion is wrong, at least it is still a fetus; I mean obviously does not make it okay still, but ritual sacrifices are just really bad, and disgusting too where they sacrifice it to some 'god' of theirs. And with the nude beaches and things, at least it isn't a widely cultural practice, if you get what I mean. I don't know though, because with today even having Islam they still do these things. Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
            Today's because we have Islam, people before had no Islam. So Jahil behaving cultural muslims today are worse than those pagan jahils because muslims shoudl know better, yet they behave in the same ways, think in the same ways, etc... but will call themselves muslim.

Likewise today, people try to mask jahiliya with intelligence. Take any immoral values in western society and how they are justified through rationalizations. How things are propagated, popularized, etc...

The difference today however is, we have the means to knowledge. Which is better... but still... I believe lack of knowledge is not as bad as having knowledge but not acting according to it.
            agreed, definitely today where you have no excuses especially in Muslim majority countries

you still have people bent hard on keeping jahil customs when it is haram 1000 times on the line
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

During difficulties the mushrikeen would only call Allah alone. Sadly you will see many muslims today going to the graves and calling sheikh abdul jilani and other awliya for help when disaster strucks.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                True, I didn't think of that actually. I don't know, it's kind of a tough question. What I was getting at though is that although abortion is wrong, at least it is still a fetus; I mean obviously does not make it okay still, but ritual sacrifices are just really bad, and disgusting too where they sacrifice it to some 'god' of theirs. And with the nude beaches and things, at least it isn't a widely cultural practice, if you get what I mean. I don't know though, because with today even having Islam they still do these things. Good question.
                World leaders (and almost every American president) have sacrificed Children in huge bonfires while wearing Bohemian robes, it's an illuminati ritual. I'd definitely say the jahiliya today is worse than ever before, especially with hypocrisy (being a very grave sin in Islam) being rampant in almost all cultures and societies.

Comment

It has to be definitely today's time, homosexuality, transgenders, violent crimes, rapes, nudity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post

This

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X