Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Training or Martial Arts?

What do you prefer?

I did weight training for a couple of years and found it to be the most tedious and repetitive thing in the world. In the end I had to stop and I started boxing ( plus a little bit of mma but mainly boxing). I found learning how to fight was considerably more interesting and useful than weight training. Not only are you learning some very useful skills, you are also staying in shape and each lesson is different, theres none of that repetitiveness that you get with weight training.

Which do you enjoy more and does anyone do both together?

Re: Weight Training or Martial Arts?

do both, most effective.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
      do both, most effective.
      Can't really get into weight training anymore. I would like to become more explosive tho in the way I fight and I've been told weights can help with that but don't have a clue where to start when it comes to explosive weight training. Maybe brother Ahmed can help with that

Comment

If I could I would do both.

But I don't think I'll have the time for both to be honest.

Plus I don't want to lose any brain cells getting punched in the head... lol.

I did MMA a long time ago but that was only for a short while. The hardest part is to stay consistent, and I evidently failed at that. Plus it ain't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
          Can't really get into weight training anymore. I would like to become more explosive tho in the way I fight and I've been told weights can help with that but don't have a clue where to start when it comes to explosive weight training. Maybe brother Ahmed can help with that
          I did explosive strength training with kettlebell, you can try looking into what american football players do. They are all about explosive power
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
            I did explosive strength training with kettlebell, you can try looking into what american football players do. They are all about explosive power
            How many KG are said kettlebells.

I might buy some.

What routines do ya follow. I think I should do more explosive training tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
              How many KG are said kettlebells.

I might buy some.

What routines do ya follow. I think I should do more explosive training tbh.
              I use a 8 KG, I go to my local MMA gym that does kettlebell conditioning.

don't let the size fool you, you will find out when you use that to do 30 minute routine if you have never used a kettelbell before. The dynamics of the exercise changes.

Comment

weight training increases power.it helps in martial arts.i do it with a focus on building power.
                TOP MILITARY WORKOUTS http://www.military.com/fitness-cent...rkouts/archive

Comment

Weight training...no, martial arts..no, weight training...no martial arts..no, BOTH!
                  6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

marital arts is the best.
                    Last edited by mgilani; 11-02-14, 10:20 AM.
                    46 & 2?

Comment

the most underrated workout - eating

Comment

Originally posted by mgilani View Post
                        marital arts is the bet.
                        On ne passe pas'

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
                            What do you prefer?

I did weight training for a couple of years and found it to be the most tedious and repetitive thing in the world. In the end I had to stop and I started boxing ( plus a little bit of mma but mainly boxing). I found learning how to fight was considerably more interesting and useful than weight training. Not only are you learning some very useful skills, you are also staying in shape and each lesson is different, theres none of that repetitiveness that you get with weight training.

Which do you enjoy more and does anyone do both together?
                            I enjoy wrestling.... Lions... And hunting down yettis and climing the tallest hill known to man lies

And weight lifting is so freiken tough! I do it all the time, and have tiny biceps when I clinch my fists and push my arm up, hoping it will bulge up from all the training I do one day: I have a hand bag baby bag and a toddler on one arm and a 6month baby in her carrier in the othe hand... I have to race them both weights to my car before I pass out and same from the car to the door before I pass out :p
                            Last edited by candyapple; 11-02-14, 09:57 AM.
                            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                              the most underrated workout - eating
                              Hello! Where u been hiding!
                              "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Working...
                              X