No announcement yet.

do practising muslims need pap tests??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do practising muslims need pap tests??

Does a practising Muslim really need one of those

From what I read a pap test is to check for cervical cancer. The main cause if cervical cancer is hpv. Hpv is sexually transmitted.

So if a husband and wife have never been with anyone else, how can they get hpv?

The websites are all saying hpv is common and normal and most women will come into contact with hpv. These are kufar websites though. They say 80% of people will have hpv. Are the remaining 20% people who are practising Muslims?

Is if even permissible to expose yourself for such a test to test for a 'just in case' cancer. Maybe I should go for a colonoscopy and brain scans every year while I'm at it?

Am I over simplifying this? I fail to see the need for practising Muslims to undergo this test.
    I am not anti medicine and anti doctors, but I don't trust them either.
    Falling over toys....

Re: do practising muslims need pap tests??

hmm.
    TOP MILITARY WORKOUTS http://www.military.com/fitness-cent...rkouts/archive

Comment

Originally posted by redball View Post

From what I read a pap test is to check for cervical cancer. The main cause if cervical cancer is hpv. Hpv is sexually transmitted.

So if a husband and wife have never been with anyone else, how can they get hpv?

The websites are all saying hpv is common and normal and most women will come into contact with hpv. These are kufar websites though. They say 80% of people will have hpv. Are the remaining 20% people who are practising Muslims?

Is if even permissible to expose yourself for such a test to test for a 'just in case' cancer. Maybe I should go for a colonoscopy and brain scans every year while I'm at it?

Am I over simplifying this? I fail to see the need for practising Muslims to undergo this test.
      Maybe you should go back to alchemy and using pirs instead of hospitals while you're at it....

Comment

Originally posted by redball View Post

While HPV is one of the major causes of cervical cancer it is not the only one. Cervical cancer if left unchecked can lead to loss of reproductive organs, or even death. The pap test is also normally done as a routine part of a general woman's health and wellness check. Something you should not skip.

However, you are (assumably) a grown woman, and can decide to skip any medical test you wish. But skipping a cheap, and easy cancer screening that may save your life, well that might not be such a great idea.

Comment

assalamo o3alaikom
          okhti you must know that you can contract hpv also in public places like restroom. Therefore thinks good before you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Reflection View Post
            Maybe you should go back to alchemy and using pirs instead of hospitals while you're at it....

If its better for me then I would.
            I'm not stupid to blindly follow and believe what doctors and governments tell me.
            Im here asking a genuine question, and if someone can explain that I actually need the test then why not? But from what I can see where I am they push the test every 2 years from ages 18. In other countries its not till 25 or 30 and they have the same or better health systems. So I'm asking a question and looking for an honest answer

I, however, fail to see why I should have the test now in my life.

As for rest rooms, I actually do not use public restrooms and even not at friends houses. I wait till I get home. There's even a separate guest toilet that I don't use!
            My kids are home schooled and don't use toilets outside either! It just happens to be how it works for us so that's not a risk factor. Also, you can't get it from a rest room .... But since people think you can, its not a risk factor either way.
            It's like saying you can cancer because you kissed someone.
            However restrooms are filthy and disease ridden.
            Last edited by redball; 09-02-14, 01:21 AM.
            Falling over toys....

Comment

Originally posted by AngelBarchild View Post
              However, you are (assumably) a grown woman, and can decide to skip any medical test you wish. But
              skipping a cheap, and easy cancer screening that may save your life, well that might not be such a great idea.
              Is it even allowed to expose your most private pate because it 'may' save your life when you aren't even a high risk person??
              Do we really just trust a doctor to tell us whats best for us?? They're looking for their own interests too.

If you fins it easy to lie down naked and let someone scrape inside you then good for you.
              I find the whole thing questionable.

Doctors told me with all pregnancies I am overdue and my baby will die. I must induce.I said trust in Allah. The baby has its set time. If theres no issues and we're both healthy then I refuse.
              They said its risky la la.
              Each baby has been 12-19 days overdue. But a doctor who is worried of being sued will tell me induce and wind up with a c section...
              Point is, doctors are humans.
              Falling over toys....

Comment

where are you from (if u dont mind me asking)? in uk if you are under 25 and not active then not asked to do this test.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                  where are you from (if u dont mind me asking)? in uk if you are under 25 and not active then not asked to do this test.
                  My point exactly! Here its from 18 years old. Australia. Also the country where isofix car seats are illegal ... And I'm going to trust them to have my health in their interest... But I'll get a $400 fine for using a safer car seat than strapped in with some strings!

If someone can tell me that this test is really in my best interest then I'd go straight away.

Otherwise, why would I be prodded with a cotton swab and PAY to be poked!?
                  Falling over toys....

Comment

:salams

In US it is illegal to force someone to undergo any type of medical test they do not want. I don't know about AU.

If you are going to die of cancer then knowing about it won't change your fate. But we are responsible for giving effort and tying our camel, and we'll have to answer for being reckless with the body Allah entrusted to us. This body doesn't belong to us, it's the property of Allah.

It's your choice. I also refuse any invasive unnecessary procedures knowing full well I might possibly be doing something makruh. Unless I was having symptoms, then I would never agree to such a test, even if the doctor was a woman. But this is my own personal choice and I do not advocate it for anyone else.

You can read the symptoms here and see if they have ever applied to you in the past or present. If they have, I suggest you visit the doctor and get the test done. http://www.webmd.com/cancer/cervical...topic-overview

*I should also add that my mom had the beginnings of a malignant tumor on her cervix, and the pap smear caught it before it could spread. Because of that (and the will of Allah) she had a hysterectomy and did not get cancer.
                    Last edited by |Sister|; 09-02-14, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasmin333 View Post
                      assalamo o3alaikom
                      okhti you must know that you can contract hpv also in public places like restroom. Therefore thinks good before you decide.
                      Ahh seriously???

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
                        Ahh seriously???
                        HPV cannot survive outside of body fluid, but (contrary to cdc pamphlets) it can be transmitted by kisses (even innocent ones) if the saliva has been infected. All it takes is to touch infected fluid with active virus in it. Children can also obviously catch it during childbirth if the mother is infected. Or if somehow an infected person got his/her body fluid into a cut or open wound (like during rape or a mugging). And men also get hpv and some go on to develop cancer or warts from it as well as women.

It is true that HPV is a very common group of viruses and having one or more of them does not mean you are a zaani. The vast majority of people with HPV are not sick from it, kind of like catching the chicken pox. You will carry the virus your entire life, but most likely, your initial infection will be your only one. Cancer caused by HPV (types 16 and 18) is rare, but it's still a health concern. So if you do have the virus, you should get pap smears the older you get.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                          HPV cannot survive outside of body fluid, but (contrary to cdc pamphlets) it can be transmitted by kisses (even innocent ones) if the saliva has been infected. All it takes is to touch infected fluid with active virus in it. Children can also obviously catch it during childbirth if the mother is infected. Or if somehow an infected person got his/her body fluid into a cut or open wound (like during rape or a mugging). And men also get hpv and some go on to develop cancer or warts from it as well as women.

It is true that HPV is a very common group of viruses and having one or more of them does not mean you are a zaani. The vast majority of people with HPV are not sick from it, kind of like catching the chicken pox. You will carry the virus your entire life, but most likely, your initial infection will be your only one. Cancer caused by HPV (types 16 and 18) is rare, but it's still a health concern. So if you do have the virus, you should get pap smears the older you get.
                          However someone who is a fornicator or an adultress is more likely to have such a virus, however not exclusively either?
                          Therefore a practising muslim is a much lower risk person and does not need to undergo such a test?

I'm not convinced I need this test as much as the government is pushing it in our faces for the last decade. Someone recently half killed me because I said I don't go for the test and never have and never will unless NEEDED. but apparently its NEEDED and I'm an ignorant fool for not trusting doctors who love me and care for me...

I don't see the purpose of such an invasive test if I'm a low risk candidate.
                          Falling over toys....

Comment

Stupidity is stupidity - no one is talking about forcing anyone to do anything...

But if your reasons lie in the mistrust of hard medical science - then you're an idiot.

Comment

Me personally as a precaution i will probably get it done before i get married and then again 6 months after marriage. Then i will leave it unless i get symptoms, i'll get husband checked out to.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X