Japan's Suicide Forest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan's Suicide Forest

The Aokigahara Forest is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. After the novel Kuroi Jukai was published, in which a young lover commits suicide in the forest, people started taking their own lives there at a rate of 50 to 100 deaths a year. The site holds so many bodies that the Yakuza pays homeless people to sneak into the forest and rob the corpses. The authorities sweep for bodies only on an annual basis, as the forest sits at the base of Mt. Fuji and is too dense to patrol more frequently.

(I do think the video has been dramatized and scripted, but the info given is still true)

Suicide in Japan has become a significant national social-issue. Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates, and the Japanese government reported the rate for 2006 as being the ninth highest in the world. 71% of suicides in Japan were male, and it is the leading cause of death in men aged 20–44.

Re: Japan's Suicide Forest

Absolutely, that is true about Japan. Suicide rates.

There are a lot of other weird facts.

Did you know adult diapers are sold more than baby diapers in japan?

People not only don't marry, they don't even date or have girlfriends/boyfriends nor want them. People don't want relationships. Even Japanese 'clubs' have this weird trend where people go to just 'talk' to people, not to seek out intimacy but you would think they're out to flirt. I forget the name of those places.

They also have a VERY weird sex industry which is beyond odd, strange fetishes and so forth. Pretty much since they don' have any real relations they have manufactured material emotional outlets to anything and everything.

They also have an overgrown population of youth and 'young adults' and 30+ year olds who are so socially immature that they act like little children, obsessed with video games and anime.

Girls also tend to be very sensitive in their emotional expressions over the top.

People are obsessed with careers and being workaholics.

The 'traditional Japanese' men and women are a dying breed... the high city life... and many odd modern day sub cultures are screwed up.

People are indeed very unhappy in Japan, and try to find satisfaction heavily in the material.

Comment

ive heard of harakiri .

Comment

Ever watched Battle Royale? It's Hunger Games Japanese version. The tributes are supposed to kill each other, but guess what most of them do, suicide. When I watched that, I was like, wow so Japs! lol

I dunno why but I think they have fragile heart minus the religion. Sad.
        ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Jcobra View Post
          ive heard of harakiri .
          Seppuku is a matter of honor.

But this video is about depression, not ritual suicide. Japan is plagued with severe depression.

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
          I agree, it's very sad. Some of the richest, most advanced peoples in the world. You have everything and are still so sad you can't find any way out except to die. I would just move to a tropical island or something. People's minds are complicated.

Comment

I sometimes think that Allah created every race with different characters. For example, you will find Caucasians are logical, confident, and smart. So they tend to develop in all aspects. Middle Easterners are strict, strong, and powerful. So you can see that they won't be ruled by the Caucasians. While Asians are humble, friendly, and kind. They are naturally sensitive so should be treated kindly. Islam is here to balance them. The logical one will finally submit to the Will Power. The strict one will be humbled. And the humble one will not be weakened. SubhanAllah. And basically if you see the spreading of Islam it is starting from Middle East, then Europe, then Asia. It's kinda related one another.

It's not a generalization, just my personal opinion, and may my kinder weird theory. lol
            ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

A society that is built around materialism, consumerism and workaholic career obsessiveness (both male and female) with even no desire to settle down into a marriage, it's bound to happen. So they try to find different ways to make themselves happy with entertainment, weird toys, weird get togethers, etc... it just doesn't work and never will.

Should check out videos on youtube about Japanese Muslims and how they embraced Islam it's beautiful mashAllah.

Comment

It's not a generalization, just my personal opinion, and may my kinder weird theory. lol
                I don't think it has to do with race, but culture. The southern arabs (yemeni) were praised for their gentle and religious nature, while he :saw: called the desert arabs harsh and rigid.

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                A society that is built around materialism, consumerism and workaholic career obsessiveness (both male and female) with even no desire to settle down into a marriage, it's bound to happen. So they try to find different ways to make themselves happy with entertainment, weird toys, weird get togethers, etc... it just doesn't work and never will.

Should check out videos on youtube about Japanese Muslims and how they embraced Islam it's beautiful mashAllah.
                Yes I love reading about japan's growing Islamic culture. Unfortunately all religion is looked down upon there and religious people are in sort of the lowest rank in their caste system.

Comment

They were once fearless Samurai and had some honour.. Then they sold out to the US!

What bro Ahmed said is spot on!
                  SPREAD OF EVIL
                  ZIONISM
                  BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Ever watched Battle Royale? It's Hunger Games Japanese version. The tributes are supposed to kill each other, but guess what most of them do, suicide. When I watched that, I was like, wow so Japs! lol

i watched that years ago loool
                    its a sick movie....

Comment

--
                      Last edited by Sirius; 21-02-14, 10:02 PM.
                      'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                      Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                      علي الحبشي

Comment

are there any Muslims in Japan?
                        Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                          i remember that film ages ago, it was something else. v. disturbing
                          yea its a sick movie sis

Comment

Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                              Absolutely, that is true about Japan. Suicide rates.

There are a lot of other weird facts.

Did you know adult diapers are sold more than baby diapers in japan?

People not only don't marry, they don't even date or have girlfriends/boyfriends nor want them. People don't want relationships. Even Japanese 'clubs' have this weird trend where people go to just 'talk' to people, not to seek out intimacy but you would think they're out to flirt. I forget the name of those places.

They also have a VERY weird sex industry which is beyond odd, strange fetishes and so forth. Pretty much since they don' have any real relations they have manufactured material emotional outlets to anything and everything.

They also have an overgrown population of youth and 'young adults' and 30+ year olds who are so socially immature that they act like little children, obsessed with video games and anime.

Girls also tend to be very sensitive in their emotional expressions over the top.

People are obsessed with careers and being workaholics.

The 'traditional Japanese' men and women are a dying breed... the high city life... and many odd modern day sub cultures are screwed up.

People are indeed very unhappy in Japan, and try to find satisfaction heavily in the material.
                              At this rate, Japanese people will cease to be physical beings and will instead all become cyber avatars and the entire population of Japan will be located on a single computer server
                              The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                              Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                              http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                              http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                              Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

Comment

Working...
                              X