Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs....

Asalamualaikum.

I'm moving to Aunt's House very soon (in America) as I'm currently in Qatar and I have no other choice but to go to her house. The only problem is that she has two dogs in her house :\. Will I still lose rewards from my deed. And will that prevent the angels from coming into the house?? Jazak Allah

Re: Dogs....

Wa alaikum salam

What is the reason that she is keeping the dogs? Are they pets or guards?
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Pets :(

Comment

Originally posted by Sulayman1999 View Post
        Asalamualaikum.

I'm moving to Aunt's House very soon (in America) as I'm currently in Qatar and I have no other choice but to go to her house. The only problem is that she has two dogs in her house :\. Will I still lose rewards from my deed. And will that prevent the angels from coming into the house?? Jazak Allah
        Yes, it will prevent angels from entering the house as per hadiths. I don't know about rewards, and I don't know what kind of reward you hope you are going to get by moving out of your homeland to the West. Is that an act of worship or selflessness?

Salam

Comment

Pets :(
          Try to educate her about the negative results of keeping dogs in the home. Is she muslim? Maybe she will keep them outside if you can explain to her that we cannot keep dogs in the home.
          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

No she's a Christian, and I'm only staying there because I ain't got anywhere else to stay anymore. Until I can get my life back to normal. So I guess I'll just stay outside for most of day :P

Comment

Originally posted by Revert Dreamer View Post
              Yes, it will prevent angels from entering the house as per hadiths. I don't know about rewards, and I don't know what kind of reward you hope you are going to get by moving out of your homeland to the West. Is that an act of worship or selflessness?

Salam
              One who lives among dogs or keeps them as pets, then his good deeds are being detracted from because of it. That is what I read.

Comment

Asalamualaikum.

Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb

Under your situation it will not effect or reduce your rewards because you are out of options and the dogs do not belong to you. However you should make sure that the dogs do not enter the room where you perform your prayers and remember that the saliva and wet hair of the dog is haram so you need to be careful while staying there.

May Allah make it easy for you, guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Al Bukhari:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle." Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet, "unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms, or for hunting." Narrated Abu Hazim from Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "A dog for guarding cattle or for hunting." (Book #39, Hadith #515)

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "Whoever keeps a (pet) dog which is neither a watch dog nor a hunting dog, will get a daily deduction of two Qirat from his good deeds." (Book #67, Hadith #389)

Narrated Abu Talha: I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)." (Book #54, Hadith #448)

Narrated Abu Salim: Once Gabriel promised to visit the Prophet but he delayed and the Prophet got worried about that. At last he came out and found Gabriel and complained to him of his grief (for his delay). Gabriel said to him, "We do not enter a place in which there is a picture or a dog." (Book #72, Hadith #843)

Comment

Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post
                    Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb

Under your situation it will not effect or reduce your rewards because you are out of options and the dogs do not belong to you. However you should make sure that the dogs do not enter the room where you perform your prayers and remember that the saliva and wet hair of the dog is haram so you need to be careful while staying there.

May Allah make it easy for you, guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen
                    I agree with this.. Ameen
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

I know. I don't intend to go to her house, nor do I want to live with dogs (yuck). But I have no other choice besides being homeless for now :\. Ya Allah :(

Comment

I know. I don't intend to go to her house, nor do I want to live with dogs (yuck). But I have no other choice besides being homeless for now :\. Ya Allah :(
                        There's nothing yucky about dogs. Just ask them to keep the dogs away from your room and then don't worry about it. I've been to houses with dogs and had one sit next to me too. The dog was so use to me that he wouldn't touch me, but keep a slight distance. He was a cutie mashaaAllah. Dogs are not haram, it's just better for them to be outside. Since you don't have any choice in the matter then all you can do is keep your room free of them and live your life. Don't be mean to the dogs or your aunt due to this, it's not that big of a deal.
                        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                        Surah al-Baqarah
                        [2:245]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                        ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Okay thanks! Jazak Allah Khairun!

Comment

Working...
                          X