Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to live on a relatively low income? My husband and I are struggling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to live on a relatively low income? My husband and I are struggling.

Salam

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

It will come with you in time what to prioritise and what to spend on

Bills and various tax like council tax and travel tend to be the most expensiso try to be organised, face them and be careful on each expenditure

always look for cheaper alternatives and keep saving as much as you can
    most importantly for openly for sadaqah.

Allah has said that does not diminish your wealth in any way but will increase here and there

finally have hope in Allah don't forget the famous Hadith where birds leave in the morning with empty stomachs and trust in Allah but come back with full bellies

He is the true provider isA
    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

my whole tribe in Somalia are my family. when I went to visit last year, like 100 people came to me greeting me like close family relatives lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed12 View Post
        my whole tribe in Somalia are my family. when I went to visit last year, like 100 people came to me greeting me like close family relatives lol
        You won't have trouble getting married then. :up:

Comment

I know that some of my uncles in Pakistan each live on $400 a month, taking care of their whole families. Gas, food, electricty, internet... everything. When I heard that, my jaw dropped. $400! That alone could pay for food and maybe our cell phone service, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLining View Post
            I know that some of my uncles in Pakistan each live on $400 a month, taking care of their whole families. Gas, food, electricty, internet... everything. When I heard that, my jaw dropped. $400! That alone could pay for food and maybe our cell phone service, lol.
            Maybe he considers the entire town as his family? Or else if its a typical 4 people family...then 50 pounds is enuf

Comment

Comment

So your providing funds for 13 people, if it's Pakistan they are in to provide food, clothing and shelter for 11 to 13 people you can send them about 600 pounds per month in total. That would cover more than the the basic necessities.

I live in Pakistan and see many families surviving on about 200 pounds per month. Like the gardener at my work place earns about 100 pounds a month and has four kids and a wife. That is five mouths to feed and clothe and provide shelter.

Also leave London and change your lifestyle.
                Last edited by UFM; 01-02-14, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Also that family you are providing for should be looking for jobs or some type of work, instead of depending on you.

You will not be around forever. What are they going to do after your support goes.
                    Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                    ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Our families back home need to be put off luxury and get on their own feet. I tell my parents the same. Me and husband havnt sent a penny and dont wish to. We struggling ourselves. Maybe when we can live properly ourselves we will start to. But our family and kids come first.

Stop sending so much sis, and London is not the place for you. Stick to roti... and use green soap for the dishes instead of fairy.. ;)

Ive learnt quite alot on how to live tight.

Comment

Working...
                      X