Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to live on a relatively low income? My husband and I are struggling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to live on a relatively low income? My husband and I are struggling.

Re: How to live on a relatively low income? My husband and I are struggling.

:wswrwb:

These ladies have blogs and tips on living on as little as possible without worrying or skimping on entertainment.

http://www.frugalqueen.co.uk/

http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/

My personal tips -

1. Don't buy cheap copies. Paper towels and Qtips for example: They usually have less product and you end up buying more of them to make up for the loss. That actually makes you spend more on the cheap things than the expensive ones in the long run.

2. Use coupons. 30 cents may not seem like much, but when you use twenty coupons it can take 20-30$ off your shopping trip.

3. Relax and don't worry so much. Allah never gives us more than we can bear. Take your husband for a walk in the park. Pack a picnic lunch. Bring a book to read to each other. There is no reason you have to be stressed out just because you're not a millionaire. This life is so temporary and this dunya is worth less than a mosquito's wing to Allah. Muslims are like travellers, we rest here but never make a permanent home. Our home is in the aakhira, so take comfort in that.

Comment

Try saving money you spend on maintaining social status. it is understandable we require a certain level of social status for respectable acceptance in any society. judge your living, find corners of over-expenditure(expenditure that you do to make others happy and not yourself, except for hosting guest) shorten them out. if you and your husband have some extra and free times try giving private tuitions to students around you. if you have a good understanding and knowledge of islam open up an ISLAMIC TRAINING CENTRE(part-time, weekend or evening) for young childrens. don't hesitate to charge some money for training in Islam. you will be accountable to ALLAH for what you will teach and not for what you will take(As long as it is fair, i think so). think postively, know that charging some money will bring some professionalism in your islamic class and thus you can disseminate, propagate and teach islam more qualitatively. and don't forget to prey for help from ALLAH Subhanahu wa Ta'ala for HE is Ar-Razzaq.
      most importantly every night after Salah(Isha) read surah waqiah(it is small, 3 page) there is a hadith about this surah from Abdullah bin Mas'ood(R.A). At the time of his death(probably during the reign of Umar-bin al Khatta(R.A)) he was asked by the then caliph to accept wadhifa so that his daughters wouldn't face any problem after him. He replied to caliph on this request that i have advised my daughters to read SURAH WAQIAH every night citing the prophets word that whoever reads surah waqiah every night will not face problems in RIZQ(this hadith is not the quoted word by word here).

Moreover try to investigate if your relatives are in a position to work or they have someone(a young son) who is in a position to work. if yes, shorten the amount you send them citing your constraints and advice and encourage them to earn their living. it is not right for a muslim to destroy the morals of other muslim by supporting his living even if he is in a position to work, this is not how civilizations are built and this is not how civilizations are made strong. but before you plan to pull out giving to your relatives REMEMBER Allah will ask you of their rights over you so don't pull out unfairly.

If all this sounds wise and workable than remember me in your supplication to ALLAH and ask our lord to bestow upon me the wealth of Islam including prudence, knowledge, wisdom, strength and wealth.

Always remember contentment is the only solution for ever-increasing-desire for money.

Comment

sis the main trick is to sacrafice. if you dont need it then dont buy it. wallahi we have become so spoiled licing in the west when the sahabas would eat one meal a day!

you send money back home and im sure the money goes a long way for them. this is because we have become so spoiled and we only want to maintain our lifestyles.

im not telling you to get crazy with it but cut back slowly and inshallah youll see the benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzdalifah View Post
          sis the main trick is to sacrafice. if you dont need it then dont buy it. wallahi we have become so spoiled licing in the west when the sahabas would eat one meal a day!

you send money back home and im sure the money goes a long way for them. this is because we have become so spoiled and we only want to maintain our lifestyles.

im not telling you to get crazy with it but cut back slowly and inshallah youll see the benefit.

Comment

Definitely look into the situation back home. Some people back home unfortunately take full on advantage of their family members in the west. I'm sure that is probably where the bulk of your money is going. Maybe try to cut that down.
            Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22263706

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminati View Post

ufffff!!! making a mockery of self.

Comment

Move out of London if its possible, the further north you go the cheaper it gets, also the people are nicer :)
                    ''....And from the best ways of dealing with the ignorant is to ignore and avoid them. This is because if you debate with them, they beat you, and if you beat them they will end up hating you, and will not admit you are correct. Therefore ignore them''

Comment

yeah, I was thinking you should move out of london. Look for jobs outside london.

I always thought london was over-rated. People go on about it like it is that amazing. It is a terrible place to live in my opinion. Way too expensive.
                      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
                        They could also take advantage of fasting every second day like Prophet Dawud (As).

It is narrated in al-Saheehayn from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best fasting is the fast of Dawood: he used to fast one day and not the next. http://islamqa.info/en/47819

I save about 100$/mo when I fast that month.

Comment

I thought teachers had a relatively good salary?

London is absurdly expensive mind you. Paying for rent is doubly worse.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Some duas:

"Allahummarzuqnee rizqan waasi'an halaalan tayyiban - O Allah, grant me a wide, pure and halaal sustenance."

"Allahumma baarik lee fee rizqeee wa qanni'nee bimaa razaqtanee - O Allah, bless me in my sustenance, and make me content with that which You have granted me."

Also, try and look at those that have less than you, not those who have more.
                            "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                            (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Family back home are they capable of working or not? If they are than they should work.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Working...
                              X