Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with overly-sensitive people? (no immaturity, please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with overly-sensitive people? (no immaturity, please)

:salams

Some people get angry over the tiniest things, and overreact and get offended constantly.

So how do you handle them? Especially if it's a guy doing it?

I get frustrated and walk out when people are being ridiculous. I find it only makes it worse when I argue.

Re: How do you deal with overly-sensitive people? (no immaturity, please)

Wa alaikum salam.

If they'r being funny Id point out what theyr doing wrong but if I dont have time just avoid them altogether.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

:wswrwb:

Try to minimize what you say to them, and when you speak to them try not to seem too serious.
      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Smack them and say they need to grow a skin.

Or avoid them. Theyre really difficult to handle.
        6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post

Some people get angry over the tiniest things, and overreact and get offended constantly.

I get frustrated and walk out when people are being ridiculous. I find it only makes it worse when I argue.
          ive had experience with this, and soemtimes it can be overwhelming. If its someone you love and dont want out of your life. inshallah u can work on ways to help each other and for them to understand how to work through getting past small issues. And sometimes their response might be "well its not small to me" . But if they are complaining about something u are easily willing to help with, then theres no need inshallah. But coming up with a plan tomake it better. Asking what they would like during those times( doesnt mean you will do it ) but at least to know what their thought process is...

and sometimes, they can be oversensitive with emotions and getting supersad as well which might be awkwards and difficult since ur the woman... u never know.. talking about how your struggles and how you are trying to be strongand work through your problems might also help them see differently... inshallah
          Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
            ive had experience with this, and soemtimes it can be overwhelming. If its someone you love and dont want out of your life. inshallah u can work on ways to help each other and for them to understand how to work through getting past small issues. And sometimes their response might be "well its not small to me" . But if they are complaining about something u are easily willing to help with, then theres no need inshallah. But coming up with a plan tomake it better. Asking what they would like during those times( doesnt mean you will do it ) but at least to know what their thought process is...

and sometimes, they can be oversensitive with emotions and getting supersad as well which might be awkwards and difficult since ur the woman... u never know.. talking about how your struggles and how you are trying to be strongand work through your problems might also help them see differently... inshallah
            And if they like to pout and would rather stay stubborn than work anything out?

Comment

And if they like to pout and would rather stay stubborn than work anything out?
              then they can stay stubborn alone. Inshallah you can find something productive to do. Are they like pressuring you to be physically close to them while they are being stubborn? ..also you can bring up doing wudu when angry.. praying 2 rakats. etc but yeah... even if your annoyed as annoyed can be. You see them getting into the pout fit. Say Inshallah i understand ur upset, I will be back and let you cool off. That way you dont have to put it on you "Im leaving because your angry " or something in that nature(which would make them more upset)... and then after theyve cooled off, let them come and talk to you. Especially a guy. i think talking to them when they are calm and not all emotional will help them think more rationally and logically
              Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

No, I'm trying to negotiate, but they are stubborn, selfish, easily-angered, ect...

Comment

Walk away,leave them to cool down.If this like a regular thing (as in daily)you just need to stay quiet,talking will only aggrevate the issue
                  Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Not sure how you deal with them, but aren't people normally like that because they have had a hard time in the passed, and never got psychological treatment for it?

Comment

It depends on if they're only sensitive about themselves, or are they sensitive to others as well? Also depends on if it's someone I *have to* interact with(family) or someone I can keep at a distance(fellow student, co-worker, etc.).

First if it's someone I have to be involved with, then it matters to me if they are only sensitive to their own feelings or those of others as well. If they are sensitive to others as well and will defend others because they are sensitive to others' possible hurt, then I would just be patient and gentle as it might improve my own disposition and how I interact with others. If they only care about themselves, then I would point this out every time we had to talk and they took offense. They need to learn that everyone isn't out to hurt them and that they should also be sensitive to how others are feeling.

Now if it's someone I don't really have to interact with, then I just avoid them as much as possible and try to be pleasant when I do speak with them. But never get too close or speak on things too intimate or personal as this might cause more problems.

Comment

No, I'm trying to negotiate, but they are stubborn, selfish, easily-angered, ect...
                        dont negotiate until theyvve calmed down and are better able to handle their anger
                        Raindrops.hail.ouch

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X