Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you let go of worldly attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you let go of worldly attachment?

I haven't been here for a while, and while i was away from the deen in general because of emotional breakdown/problems, I did many bad things. I was dating this girl who is also muslim but not that practicing, and I believe i became too attached to her and needy. I think the reason is because I've been feeling lonely and desperate these past few years, so she fills the voids in my life in a way.

I realized i made the wrong choices by getting farther away from Islam on purpose, because I felt like God wasn't doing anything to help me get out of this dark place that i was trapped in for a long time, so i started looking for solutions in other things.

I don't know how to stop thinking about her.

Re: How do you let go of worldly attachment?

Girls are nothing but trouble

Cut her off completely and focus on Deen ... Stay in the company of Muslims and ask your parents to find you a wife
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf_ View Post
      I haven't been here for a while, and while i was away from the deen in general because of emotional breakdown/problems, I did many bad things. I was dating this girl who is also muslim but not that practicing, and I believe i became too attached to her and needy. I think the reason is because I've been feeling lonely and desperate these past few years, so she fills the voids in my life in a way.

I realized i made the wrong choices by getting farther away from Islam on purpose, because I felt like God wasn't doing anything to help me get out of this dark place that i was trapped in for a long time, so i started looking for solutions in other things.

Think about death.
      "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Your religion says none? ?
        You came back to Islam or still a Kaffir?
        Gone with the wind.

Comment

When you realise that everything around you will let you down including people, but Allah will never let you down.
          SPREAD OF EVIL
          ZIONISM
          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

You know Allah helps those who help themselves. Allah won't pull you out of your darkness, you have to take some initiative and then He will guide you. Take one step towards Allah and He will take two steps towards you.

As so far as your girl situation, it is best if you leave her ASAP and find a halal way to fill your void. If you are craving company, find some good Muslim brothers. She obviously has her own issues that need sorting out.
            Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf_ View Post

Answer to the title... When you realise this dunya is just a means to please Allah swt. I think a brother would be able to better advise you on the rest. I would say, make yourself busy, volunteer at the masjid, attend classes. Start thinking about your life, how you want to live it so that you are able to face Allah swt. Read allahumma ajirnee fee museebati. And make a lot of dua brother. Your life revolves around your deen, your Rabb, not a woman. May Allah swt make things easy for you.. Ameen. I do understnd, easier said than done, the more you think the more shaytan will play with your mind.
              Last edited by maryam203; 25-01-14, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X