Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

repentance, please take the time to reply.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repentance, please take the time to reply.

I would really appreciate if you take the time to read this and help me without judgement.

I'm 24, for the past ten years i have been living my life in sin and by sin i mean everything wrong whether it is drinking alcohol, lying, stealing, adultery, everything you can image. two months ago, i started suffering from severe panic and anxiety attacks. I would literally open my eyes in the morning and get a panic attack to a point where everyone around me thought i had to be hospitalized. I told my mom everything and she told me that i should become closer to allah and this is the only way i will get better. My mum and dad are religious and always advise me and my brother but we never listened. Medication didnt work and nothing was so i started praying and becoming closer to allah and it worked. I have been feeling alot better since then and i have repented for everything bad i have ever done and promised god i will never do anything wrong again. Ever since then i have been praying on a daily basis, reciting dhikr, reading quran, planning to make up for the days i didnt fast in (which are alot but im determined to do so). I know allah forgives but my question is there anything else i can do? I am genuinely planning to stay like this until i die whether it is tommorow or in 50 years. I just want to be forgiven for everything wrong ive done in my life, i had no idea what i was thinking back then but im glad im on the right path now.

Re: repentance, please take the time to reply.

Awww... that was so inspiring to read.

Yes, there is one thing you can do. You can thank Allah for not giving up on you. Continue to repent to God whenever you slip into sin.

His forgiveness is so precious!
    "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

:salams sister
      Consider yourself to be blessed because Allah (SWT ) has brought you closer to Him and took you away from the wrong path.

May Allah bless you with steadfastness and best of both worlds. AMEEN
      7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
      Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

The only thing you can do more is just to continue to be this way. Continue on with your praying and dhikr and you will be successful in this world and in the hereafter In sha Allah.
        Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

You can help other lost muslims out there. I think it's easier for you to put yourself in their shoes, because you exactly know how it feels. And they might listen to you, because you've been there, done that.

Ps: Keep up! Say Alhamdullilah every moment of life.
          Brothers want like 4 wives, can't even handle like 5 prayers.

Comment

salaamu alaikum, beautiful post, just keep on the right path and repent.
            Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
            In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
            USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
            (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته sister

First thing first ماشاءالله on ur repentance dear sister

I would say get to know Allah سبحانه و تعالى his 99 names and attributions and there is a hadith were the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم describes how insignificant our dunya is compare to rest of the Samawat (other skies mentioned in the quran) Inshallah am gana look for it and post here for you ..... stay blessed

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind replies and for not judging me at all. Allah did take me from a very difficult place in my life subhanallah. alhamdullah i am on the right path now and this has completely changed me. I don't even lie anymore and i am determined to stay on the path of not even committing one sin until the day i die. I just have one more question:-

I understand that dating in islam is haram (based on what ive read) please excuse my knowledge as i'm new to this and i'm trying my best to increase my knowledge on a daily basis. I currently am seeing this guy which i have sinned with before whether it is drinking or the other stuff (before repentence). We are not in the same country ive been in my home country for the past two month but im going back next week to where i originally live. Ever since i started praying and becoming closer to allah we spoke about it and he has as well. He has also started praying (elhamdullah) and agreed to not do any physical stuff anymore. He was also very supportive of everything i'm doing and actually thanked me for being a positive influence on him. Should i still continue with this relationship even if i'm not doing anything wrong? The reason i'm asking is because after i repented i promised god not to do anything wrong anymore but i just dont know what to do about this situation and i would greatly appreciate your help.

Comment

Relationships like that are not allowed in Islam - only permissible way would be if u 2 got married.

Also, for what you said before, do good deeds, because they erase the bad ones. Read Quran, do charity, be good to your parents and serve them whilst they're alive, etc
                  Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

why isn't it allowed if we don't do anything that is wrong and even go out in public places? and i've actually helped him in praying and becoming a better person so we are positive infleunces on each other. He even spoke tome about hijab yesterday.

Comment

Well it's not right for you to speak to him, it's as if you are boyfriend and girlfriend. Satan is the third person, it will always encourage you to do haram things. You should not be talking to this guy alone.

The best thing to do is to consider marriage? if you like him and you both are trying to work towards islam, then why not? you're 24 and probably ready? ask your parents, you father (your wali)
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Because of the lifestyle we both had previously, it took us forever to graduate from university. He still has four months ago and he doesn't work. My main point here is that i don;t want to do anything that upsets allah, especially after allah took me out of the dark place i was in. I am also in the process of quitting smoking, went from a pack per day to five and hopefully to none in a couple of days :) So am i not allowed to even speak to him on the phone? Are their any links i can look at, i tried looking online but couldn't find any (excuse my limited knowledge).

Also, does anyone know of a reliable website i can look at to learn something new every day.

Thank you so much for all the help and kindness

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X