Falling back into Depression and Suicide thoughts. Plz help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling back into Depression and Suicide thoughts. Plz help me

I posted here a few days ago, about how I have led a hard life and I am only 21. To sum it all up I was abused and ridiculed by my parents and a man I thought I was to marry soon. Then Loosing faith in Allah I led astrayed and sinned in all possible ways to fill the betrayal and emptiness in my heart. I fell in love again or thought I was in love with an athiest who pulled me down even further. I became depressed and tried to commit suicide and was hospitalized and medicated. Anyways he influenced me even more and made me pull away from my family even more convinced me they were my enemies Because of him I was even arrested and well now I am back home. I started to turn to Allah because my depression became worse as the atheist had abandoned me. Praying did give some comfort to my heart but now it is as if it is not helping. So I tried saying SubhanAllahi Wabi Humdi hi constantly and I started to recite surah yasin and even read the quranic translation and Allah's names but it is not helping anymore! I am getting depressed again. I feel useless even for Allah. I don't think anyone can help me. All I ant is that atheist to return to me but he does not speak to me. I seek therapy and am still depressed.

I am so lost and confused. I pray and pray and now I am so desperate to get rid of this pain that I am loking for any quick remedy. Like reciting a name of Allah for a particular period of time to remove distress or gain what I want. I know I need to be patient but the pain brothers and sisters is just so unbearable. I want to die.

Re: Falling back into Depression and Suicide thoughts. Plz help me

Dear sister

i was in a worse position than you were in about two months ago with continuous panic and anxiety attack plus the endless depression. I tried medication for a couple of days and things got worse, my mum advised me to start praying and becoming closer to god and it actually worked. Nothing else did and you can believe me when i say that i have committed every sin out there before i repented and tried everything to get better but nothing worked except praying. Be patient, it took me a month to get better and i still have problems on a daily basis, but as long as you pray and try to become closer to god as much as possible you will become better inshallah. Dont lose hope please and if you commit suicide you will just go to hell forever which is worse.

Comment

:salams

Please have sabr.

Yes, sabr is hard, but we are believers and we accept the tough with a smile... .so please....dig deep, know that you are better than any silly atheist man....

Let me put it this way to you; There is no common ground between someone who is upon tawheed and someone who rejects it. This is not up for discussion sister. We believe in Allah aza wa jal....and those that dont....well, in terms of spouse....there is no compatability whatsoever.... how could there be?? Someone who rejects Allah aza wa jal? What are they going to give you? Nothing.

You do not need a man, you need Allah aza wa jal, just like the rest of us need Allah aza wa jal. We turn to Him in our good and bad times and He looks after us, there is no doubt about this either.

Things may seem hard now, and really it is a matter of time....and with time, pain becomes bearable and we manage it...and move on....but all the while we ask Allah to make us strong, to help us overcome this tough time, to help us stay on the haqq and to help us do only things that are pleasing to Allah aza wa jal.

We must ask for what we want...and if it is good we will get it, and if it is bad, Allah aza wa jal protects us from it. Some things are not meant to be and no amount of crying, or getting upset is going to change that... as i said in another thread .....ride the wave or drown in it...I know what I would do....we are Muslim, we fight back, we pick ourselves up and we try again.

Life could be amazing if you let it be. You have a lot to give and wasting it away over a man is pointless. You can do so much and you are most def not useless to Allah aza wa jal. your just in a rut, which you will pull yourself out of in shaa Allah.

Think positive, believe in yourself and seek aid in Allah aza wa jal.

Comment

Sister. Pray 5 times a day, read the Quran. Have trust in Allah and make dua before Fajr, Allah is in the lowest level of Heaven before Fajr. But Sister don't just pray and read the Quran in order to get rid of depression. Allah knows your intention. But pray to Allah and repent to Allah for what you have done, pray to Allah because the prophet(SAW) instructed his companions to do so. If you have faith in Allah, inshallah Allah will help you.

I had a lot of anxiety problems where in the night I was scared of Jinns - horribly. I would stay up until 11AM because I was scared to sleep, but one night at 2AM, I made wudhu and begged Allah for his forgiveness, my intention was not to get rid of the anxiety problems, but it was for the sake of Allah. Allah created me and I cannot even do simple instructions of praying and being thankful. From that night on wards, I could sleep in peace. I felt so purified.

So Sister, just pray 5 times a day, read the Quran, repent from your sins and make dua. Allah will do the rest inshallah.
        Last edited by Mohamed12; 26-01-14, 12:58 AM.

Comment

:salams:

Keeping busy helps reduce these kind of thoughts.

Ever wonder why starving people from Africa never have these kind of psychological problems? It's because they always work hard, carry buckets of water daily and try to feed themselves everyday.

So find something to do. It could be starting business, studying for exams, doing chores etc. ANYTHING. As long as you don't become alone with these thoughts. There is a saying "The Idle mind is Shaytan's workshop."

Comment

:salams sister
            Masha'Allah you did amazing by pulling your self out of the wrong side. Keep praying to Allah (SWT ) to be on the blessed path. Sister all this life is temporary, it's just not worth it to run after useless things

Increase your knowledge in Islam and busy yourself so you don't have to think about it
            7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
            Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatuAllah

pills and psychiatrists will never do anything for depression. but dont lose hope,tomorrow u could be at the pinnacleofiman. i know of such ppl. a bro who used to b a gang member and now, if he raises his hands to Allah his prayer is answered on the spot. guidance is in Allah's hands.

seek good comany, go to lectures, find halaqas, mayb even make hijra if u can

like sis s4a said, dont give up . muslims are lions,

things can happen but as long as we are alive theycan b turned around, its a promise of our Prophet SAW. n a promise of Allah SWT.

do good works Allah will give u a happy existence
              https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50184050160049

peace

Comment

Brothers and Sisters I can proudly say to NEVER give up faith in Allah. I cried and cried asked Allah why I felt like this, why Allah was doing this to me and guess what? I discovered the atheist did not even love me he was actually CHEATING on me with someone else. See Allah planned this He was protecting me. I believe this is why this all happened. Just never give up faith in Allah He loves you and He is protecting you He will show you HIs ways eventually. I REALLY LOVE ALLAH. I will do anything possible to show my gratitude.

Comment

Originally posted by tanragagirl View Post
                  Brothers and Sisters I can proudly say to NEVER give up faith in Allah. I cried and cried asked Allah why I felt like this, why Allah was doing this to me and guess what? I discovered the atheist did not even love me he was actually CHEATING on me with someone else. See Allah planned this He was protecting me. I believe this is why this all happened. Just never give up faith in Allah He loves you and He is protecting you He will show you HIs ways eventually. I REALLY LOVE ALLAH. I will do anything possible to show my gratitude.

:salams
                  Ma shaa Allah sister I am so happy to read this subhanAllah it just shows how persistance and sabr really do help us even though we do not see it at the time! Thank you for updating us sister, I was wondering about you and alhamdulilllah you responded on the thread:)

May Allah aza wa jal protect you ameen

barakAllahu feeky

Comment

Yesterday I discovered the man i 'loved' used my credit card information without my permission to purchase something online. It is amazing how just two days ago I was declaring how madly in love I was with him. I prayed to Allah to remove him from my heart and life as soon as possible if this man was wrong for me and now look I hate him more than anything. The thought of him disgusts me. He is a cheater a liar and a thief. He is SHAYTAAN. Brothers and Sisters this is a lesson, no matter what do not give up on Allah (SWT) for whatever He does is to protect you

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X