Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for Niqaabies..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions for Niqaabies..

    :salams Sisters

    I have a few questions for you Niqaabie sister's who live in the UK/ or non-Muslim countries.

    1 Are you on benefit?

    2 Do you work, and where? What kind of jobs have you done?

    3 How did you find work?

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

    :wswrwb:

    1. No.
    2. No. I used to work for a Muslim charity though (retail/admin).
    3. By volunteering and then getting a paid position.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

      what is on benefit
      Raindrops.hail.ouch

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

        Originally posted by FeedMEknowledge View Post
        what is on benefit
        I think it's called welfare in America.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

          Originally posted by Maryamah' View Post
          :salams Sisters

          I have a few questions for you Niqaabie sister's who live in the UK/ or non-Muslim countries.

          1 Are you on benefit?

          2 Do you work, and where? What kind of jobs have you done?

          3 How did you find work?

          Thanks in advance.
          No

          Yes I work... In a law firm, alhamdulillah and all my office by Allah swt's will is filled with women only. Allah swt makes things easy. He swt works in such miraculous ways. In the firm tho, there are only a couple of old men with white hair... Grandad age.

          I've done different kinds of jobs.
          I got this position by applying through my cv... Then interviews, over the phone and face to face etc

          Btw... I know a couple of niqabi friends, one is a primary teacher.. And another who taught at a school
          Last edited by maryam203; 25-01-14, 03:12 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

            Originally posted by maryam203 View Post
            No

            Yes I work... In a law firm, alhamdulillah and all my office by Allah swt's will is filled with women only. Allah swt makes things easy. He swt works in such miraculous ways. In the firm tho, there are only a couple of old men with white hair... Grandad age.

            I've done different kinds of jobs.
            I got this position by applying through my cv... Then interviews, over the phone and face to face etc

            Btw... I know a couple of niqabi friends, one is a primary teacher.. And another who taught at a school
            Wow, mash'Allah. I don't wear a niqab and it's still super hard to find a job
            Last edited by *sheba*; 25-01-14, 03:44 AM.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

              Originally posted by maryam203 View Post
              No

              Yes I work... In a law firm, alhamdulillah and all my office by Allah swt's will is filled with women only. Allah swt makes things easy. He swt works in such miraculous ways. In the firm tho, there are only a couple of old men with white hair... Grandad age.

              I've done different kinds of jobs.
              I got this position by applying through my cv... Then interviews, over the phone and face to face etc

              Btw... I know a couple of niqabi friends, one is a primary teacher.. And another who taught at a school
              wait the schools allow the sisters to wear a niqaab. It must be an islamic school. If not, then alhumdulillah

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                Originally posted by lightstar101 View Post
                wait the schools allow the sisters to wear a niqaab. It must be an islamic school. If not, then alhumdulillah
                I was actually discussing this with a friend of mine yesterday, what I know for sure is the primary teacher takes her niqab off in class. But I would've thought that she would maybe take it off when she enters school... This sounds right to me. But I was going to ask her for my own info inshaAllah. It isn't a muslim school.

                The other teacher was definitely a christian school. I am going to ask her more, again just for my own info inshaAllah

                Alot of times we just need inspiration... It is because of strong sisters like these ^ that help motivate you aswell.

                I don't wear a niqab in my office.... Alhamdulillah no need. And it makes things easy. I pray in the boardroom (the best room, and even when I worked in call centres, alhamdulillah they useto always give me the best room to pray)... This is all due to Allah swt. We as humans just complicate things. But Allah is always with us. Having said that, my friend who wears a niqab got turned out because of niqab, and this was by a muslim. It was I think face to face retail... Am not sure something like that.
                Last edited by maryam203; 25-01-14, 11:41 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                  Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
                  Wow, mash'Allah. I don't wear a niqab and it's still super hard to find a job
                  I know what you mean sister, and that too a halal job! What a mission.. Truly a jihad! I got this job after 4 months of job hunting. Alhamdulillah keep looking, you will definitely find one. I will make dua for you. Tbh this job is truly out of necessity.. I am looking to start a business of my own, which will be from the comfort of my own home, I'm just saving money. Pray that Allah swt put barakah... Ameen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                    Originally posted by maryam203 View Post
                    I know what you mean sister, and that too a halal job! What a mission.. Truly a jihad! I got this job after 4 months of job hunting. Alhamdulillah keep looking, you will definitely find one. I will make dua for you. Tbh this job is truly out of necessity.. I am looking to start a business of my own, which will be from the comfort of my own home, I'm just saving money. Pray that Allah swt put barakah... Ameen.
                    Ameen.

                    May i ask where about you live? Uk usa or uae or etc.

                    May i also ask when did you start wearing niqab? Also do you view niqab as fard or not. if you answer no then do you always wear it or do you occasionally wear the hijab(head coverage) without the niqab.

                    Jzk. Just interested.
                    Bye...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                      Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                      Ameen.

                      May i ask where about you live? Uk usa or uae or etc.

                      May i also ask when did you start wearing niqab? Also do you view niqab as fard or not. if you answer no then do you always wear it or do you occasionally wear the hijab(head coverage) without the niqab.

                      Jzk. Just interested.
                      UK.

                      I believe it is wajib, which is as good as fardh in the hanafi school of thought. My common sense tells me that women should hide their face including eyes too lol. Since these are one of the many features that attract men generally.

                      I have been wearing it for about a year or so, not long but alhamdulillah. I only take it off due to necessity, like identification purposes etc. I don't wear my niqab when I enter my office since alhamdulillah, all are ladies and no men come.

                      I have always, wore the scarf, and at age 18 wore the abaya and hijab, following strict Parda ie avoiding communication with opposite gender and no makeup accessories.

                      What about you sister?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                        Originally posted by maryam203 View Post
                        UK.

                        I believe it is wajib, which is as good as fardh in the hanafi school of thought. My common sense tells me that women should hide their face including eyes too lol. Since these are one of the many features that attract men generally.

                        I have been wearing it for about a year or so, not long but alhamdulillah. I only take it off due to necessity, like identification purposes etc. I don't wear my niqab when I enter my office since alhamdulillah, all are ladies and no men come.

                        I have always, wore the scarf, and at age 18 wore the abaya and hijab, following strict Parda ie avoiding communication with opposite gender and no makeup accessories.

                        What about you sister?
                        I have worn head scarf since 10, it was my choice and i really wanted to because i was influenced by my friends. I never used to wear it properly though. Then i started wearing it were my neck is covered at the age of 13... then a year and a half ago i started wearing long abaya like skirts and baggy jumpers. Alhamduillah...

                        i really really thinking of the niqab... like really want to... i just want to be able to walk outside and feel like i am in my own little bubble and no one else can bother me or look at me. Especially if i choose to study i want to visibly show people(men) i don't to mingle. Hijab is not enough to show that message.

                        However, if i ever do start i think ill have it were my eyes are showing.

                        Idk, i'll have to properly do it if i was to do it.

                        ... did you get any problems? Like insults or... of that sort?
                        Last edited by Maghrebia00; 25-01-14, 01:01 PM.
                        Bye...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                          :salams

                          SubhanAllah its soo nice to hear the niqabi experiences
                          I have never worn one but I am excited to experience it :)
                          7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

                          Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
                          Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                            If a sister observes niqab, then it follows that she should remain inside the home most of the time (or not)?

                            If she doesn't need to work, then should she still try to find work to help her family out financially?

                            I'm asking for opinions, not a fatwa (otherwise I would ask elsewhere). Interested to see what other people think or do with regards to the above.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Questions for Niqaabies..

                              Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                              I have worn head scarf since 10, it was my choice and i really wanted to because i was influenced by my friends. I never used to wear it properly though. Then i started wearing it were my neck is covered at the age of 13... then a year and a half ago i started wearing long abaya like skirts and baggy jumpers. Alhamduillah...

                              i really really thinking of the niqab... like really want to... i just want to be able to walk outside and feel like i am in my own little bubble and no one else can bother me or look at me. Especially if i choose to study i want to visibly show people(men) i don't to mingle. Hijab is not enough to show that message.

                              However, if i ever do start i think ill have it were my eyes are showing.

                              Idk, i'll have to properly do it if i was to do it.

                              ... did you get any problems? Like insults or... of that sort?
                              SubhanAllah sister... It takes a lot of courage to wear a hijab, wear modest clothes, to wear the abaya and now mashaAllah with Allah swt's help the niqab.. :)

                              MashaAllah you will become closer to Allah swt, because you are doing it to simply please Him swt. He swt is the controller, He swt will protect you. And when you have that faith (which you do alhamdulillah) then He swt will put everything into place, like he did with me. Alhamdulillah. Make alot of dua for Allah swt to make things easy for you sister :)

                              I haven't got any verbal abuse so far... Alhamdulillah. And there are almost next to none niqabis where I stay, in my area. Muslims yes but not niqabis. My advice is... Don't think too much over it as the shaytan starts playing with your mind. Start wearing it in places you feel comfortable wearing it and with Allah swt's help push yourself everyday. Trust Allah swt. Don't think too much over doing it properly (obviously it is your choice completely, this is just my opinion) because you might not do it or you might do it much much later... This has happened with me lol. Put it this way, it is best to read your 5 salahs on time, but would you stop reading 2 salahs that you already read just because you don't read your full 5. Your tajweed may not be correct, will you stop reading your salah and quran thinking that if you read you want to read properly.

                              This is just my opinion. It is a preference. Speak to a knowledgeable sister in your area, she will inshaAllah best guide you since she will know you and your environment etc.

                              All the best!

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X