Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neelu
    replied
    If we order too much at a restaurant, we ask the restaurant to pack the leftovers so that we can take it home and eat it afterwards. Generally the restaurants we go to don't mind doing this. In fact the last time I was at a restaurant, they gave us extra takeaway boxes so that we could give slices of (birthday) cake to our guests to take home, even though we bought the cake separately and it wasn't from the restaurant.

I really enjoy eating restaurant food at home, possibly because usually I'm not well enough to go there anymore so it's nice when my parents bring home some leftovers for me and makes a change from the usual stuff we eat.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for God loveth not the wasters.(7:31)

(Just a reminder to myself and others to be very careful about wasting food. There are people literally searching through rubbish bins and dumps for food. Let that cross our minds the next time our hands hover over a bin ready to throw food away. Allah Ta'aalaa grant us tawfeeq.)

Leave a comment:

• Lemma
    replied
    Re: Wasting food.

Didn't know there is hadith for not wasting food. Good to know indeed. Always was trying to be careful with food, since small GrandMa and Mum were teaching me not to waste food, it's a part of Culture. After working in India for few months I saw people cant afford even 1/3 of what we normally having. Muslims or not , very heartbreaking to see poverty and realise we waste so much in everyday life(((

Leave a comment:

• Maghrebia00
    replied

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
    If you want to throw out food, then make it your intention that animals can eat from it, and seek the Face of Allāh thereby, so that He provides you from whence you do not expect.

(Shaykh Abu Ishaaq al-Huwāyni)
    jzk for that

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah~S
    replied

If you want to throw out food, then make it your intention that animals can eat from it, and seek the Face of Allāh thereby, so that He provides you from whence you do not expect.

(Shaykh Abu Ishaaq al-Huwāyni)

Leave a comment:

• nousername
    replied

^ switch to using only salad plates so portions have to be pretty small.

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    ^ I always 'clean' my plate, otherwise I feel guilty, it's a good habit, but sometimes when you're eating with other people it's a bit embarrassing because they're too 'posh' to finish all the food on their plate :-/

Ahmed2013, yes you are right, that is why we are advised to sit when we eat. My mum cooks everyday mash Allah, and we eat curry mostly everyday (not great when you smell of curry at work :-/ all the attention I get :-(
    but that won't stop me from enjoying it lol
    Yeah, but if you finish your plate, they end up forcing more on you...

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

^ I always 'clean' my plate, otherwise I feel guilty, it's a good habit, but sometimes when you're eating with other people it's a bit embarrassing because they're too 'posh' to finish all the food on their plate :-/

Ahmed2013, yes you are right, that is why we are advised to sit when we eat. My mum cooks everyday mash Allah, and we eat curry mostly everyday (not great when you smell of curry at work :-/ all the attention I get :-(
    but that won't stop me from enjoying it lol

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
    Anas said: "The prophet ordered us not to leave anything in the plate and he said: "You do not know in which portion of your food Allah has put the Barakah "(Blessing). (Muslim)
    Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
    Yes 1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 to let him breathe so we become comfortable... subhanallah that is so true.

Jzk.
    I always get conflicted between these two hadith, because american meals are usually gigantic. I don't like putting more than I can eat on my plate, but I can't stop other people from doing it. Then I feel guilty because I can't eat it all and (1) they get insulted/feelings hurt (2) they just throw all that food away. I was raised to 'clean my plate' and I still get screamed at if I try to take the food out to feed the strays instead of throwing it in the garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Ahmed2013
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    I put the food in the fridge and whenever i make it, i make it so there's enough.

If only we all cooperated.

Hate food-wasting.
    Yup. It's very common among fitness athletes to cook meals for a whole week in one shot. My food is made for the whole day per day. Salad ingredients are prepped once per week in one shot (cleaning, chopping, etc...)

No need to cook a thousand times a day. You simply plan and adjust your day out.

Eating out unless it's a night out is a waste of money and usually not only more expensive but not as filling or at least not as healthy (cheap ingridients, cheap fatty greasy seasonings, bad cooking method maybe, etc...) . 20 bux for two meals of say sheesh kababs, rice, salad, etc.. outside.. vs 20 bux of chicken breast. You do the math...
    Last edited by Ahmed2013; 26-01-14, 04:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ahmed2013
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    ^ lol I agree on your comment about the 100 sit ups, Ahmed2013 sounds like a gym addict/freak, brother you're OBSESSED lol

The Boots shaper's range isn't so bad. I don't miss breakfast, that's important for me, otherwise I'll collapse, but I have a few times (getting up late and being a lazy sod) and ended up having a brioche bun in the car :-( bad move lol

they've got the new Weetabix milk drink out now, I'm going to try that! last minute breakfast- life saver- no chewing required, so I won't be late for work -yippee, got too many warnings for that hahaha
    lol lazy and undisciplined people call disciplined people obsessed/addict/freak/etc...

It's good advice, if you give it some thought as you'll become organized and save time and get results. After a while it becomes habbit and routine. Everything is habit. People develop good habits or bad habits, you have the ability chose and change into what you want. It's all a matter of self-discipline nothing more.

Eating whatever on the go = you over eat, you under eat, you waste time, you waste money, you waste food, etc...

Meh, some people get it some people don't. No one is forcing you into anything just giving you good advice :)

"I don't have time" is also the adult version of "the dog ate my homework". Everyone has time, they just don't organize their time well.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

I put the food in the fridge and whenever i make it, i make it so there's enough.

If only we all cooperated.

Hate food-wasting.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

^ lol I agree on your comment about the 100 sit ups, Ahmed2013 sounds like a gym addict/freak, brother you're OBSESSED lol

The Boots shaper's range isn't so bad. I don't miss breakfast, that's important for me, otherwise I'll collapse, but I have a few times (getting up late and being a lazy sod) and ended up having a brioche bun in the car :-( bad move lol

they've got the new Weetabix milk drink out now, I'm going to try that! last minute breakfast- life saver- no chewing required, so I won't be late for work -yippee, got too many warnings for that hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Maghrebia00
    replied

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
    It is feasible, you just haven't given it much thought. Trust me. I have had the most crazyiest of schedules. Try commuting every day 60km one way for work in the worst of traffic. My gym is even 15km one way. Everything is rush rush.

If you have no time to prep it all in the morning, prep it the evening before. Get all the salad stuff done for the whole week, chop it all up. Get an electric grill, it makes cooking meat in one shot real quick in like 10 minutes and it's healthier.

Believe me... this is the bodybuilder/fitness way.. and these people including myself eat a lot more than the average person and do it in a disciplined manner so... to make life easier, do it like this to save time. So.. the fact you eat even less, means you have to prep less. You just need to re-evaluate yourself and your time and organize better.

There is no 'but i got no time', anyone who gives me this excuse I wana smack them on the head because of how little time I had in my daily life due to work and everything else. You just haven't tried it and think it's difficult. It's all about time management.
    Oh gosh. I feel any second you will start screaming "100 sit ups NOW!"

I've lost track on what we are talking about.
    Okay breakfast, your right i will have to organise that more better. But i can't see how this is relating to anything...

@ yasin lol... your so like me. Down a glass of milk grab a fruit and rush off.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

^ I always have that excuse about not having enough time, but I think I've done well. I take some home made stinky curry :-) lol and snathc some fruits from the fruit bowl and off I go, sometimes when I don't have lunch, I just get the meal deal from boots lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X