Wasting food.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wasting food.

^ I always 'clean' my plate, otherwise I feel guilty, it's a good habit, but sometimes when you're eating with other people it's a bit embarrassing because they're too 'posh' to finish all the food on their plate :-/

Ahmed2013, yes you are right, that is why we are advised to sit when we eat. My mum cooks everyday mash Allah, and we eat curry mostly everyday (not great when you smell of curry at work :-/ all the attention I get :-(
    but that won't stop me from enjoying it lol
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      ^ I always 'clean' my plate, otherwise I feel guilty, it's a good habit, but sometimes when you're eating with other people it's a bit embarrassing because they're too 'posh' to finish all the food on their plate :-/

Ahmed2013, yes you are right, that is why we are advised to sit when we eat. My mum cooks everyday mash Allah, and we eat curry mostly everyday (not great when you smell of curry at work :-/ all the attention I get :-(
      but that won't stop me from enjoying it lol
      Yeah, but if you finish your plate, they end up forcing more on you...

Comment

^ switch to using only salad plates so portions have to be pretty small.
        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

If you want to throw out food, then make it your intention that animals can eat from it, and seek the Face of Allāh thereby, so that He provides you from whence you do not expect.

(Shaykh Abu Ishaaq al-Huwāyni)

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
            If you want to throw out food, then make it your intention that animals can eat from it, and seek the Face of Allāh thereby, so that He provides you from whence you do not expect.

(Shaykh Abu Ishaaq al-Huwāyni)
            jzk for that
            Bye...

Comment

Didn't know there is hadith for not wasting food. Good to know indeed. Always was trying to be careful with food, since small GrandMa and Mum were teaching me not to waste food, it's a part of Culture. After working in India for few months I saw people cant afford even 1/3 of what we normally having. Muslims or not , very heartbreaking to see poverty and realise we waste so much in everyday life(((

Comment

Working...
              X