Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasting food.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Wasting food.

    Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
    Oh. I apologize. I don't remember much from the video.
    But she really made me upset.
    it's very upsetting, and the funny thing is some people accuse you of being greedy? it's so bad people can't differentiate between wasting things and being greedy.

    I have to admit, when attending weddings sometimes it's difficult to eat
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Wasting food.

      Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
      it's very upsetting, and the funny thing is some people accuse you of being greedy? it's so bad people can't differentiate between wasting things and being greedy.

      I have to admit, when attending weddings sometimes it's difficult to eat
      nvm
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Wasting food.

        Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        it's very upsetting, and the funny thing is some people accuse you of being greedy? it's so bad people can't differentiate between wasting things and being greedy.

        I have to admit, when attending weddings sometimes it's difficult to eat
        I don't attend alot of weddings... but i know what you mean. I tend to like to sit at a table amongst my sisters and cousin because they will not judge and you can do what you want. Freedom!
        Bye...

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post

          Calorific? Huh.

          Did they test the calories in lasagnas? 10s thousand is abit too much for a lasagna... like at most maybe 1000 calories in a slice of lasagna..
          Lasagne was made with cheeseburgers from fast food places o_o it was a beast of a lasagne : /
          ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
          U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Wasting food.

            Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
            I don't attend alot of weddings... but i know what you mean. I tend to like to sit at a table amongst my sisters and cousin because they will not judge and you can do what you want. Freedom!
            lol, it feels like your under pressure, when your in the middle of the main course and the dessert shows up? I mean how on earth can you have a three course meal ALL AT ONCE- oly macarollli! how can you chew your food and enjoy it? lol
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Wasting food.

              i don't like cooking any recipe that asks for just egg yolks or just egg whites, cos' i hate the idea of cooking with yolks and throwing the whites away and i can't be bothered to make two recipes at once just for the sake of using it up so i just don't make those kinda recipes. Sometimes there are ways around it like i use spare egg yolk to brush over pastry and make it shine.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Wasting food.

                Originally posted by neelu View Post
                i don't like cooking any recipe that asks for just egg yolks or just egg whites, cos' i hate the idea of cooking with yolks and throwing the whites away and i can't be bothered to make two recipes at once just for the sake of using it up so i just don't make those kinda recipes. Sometimes there are ways around it like i use spare egg yolk to brush over pastry and make it shine.
                with egg whites you can freeze them, and later why not whisk them and make a semi freddo? it's a dessert, half ice cream

                Alhamdulillah for freezers :-)
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Wasting food.

                  Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                  That is not feasible since... my breakfast is based on how much time i have. My lunch is always sandwiches. And dinner depends on what my mother makes that day. So i really have little control over my meal.

                  But jzk for that tip i do however love small containers. You could use it for carrot sticks and cucmbers and olives, and all sorts of snacks. Love small containers.
                  It is feasible, you just haven't given it much thought. Trust me. I have had the most crazyiest of schedules. Try commuting every day 60km one way for work in the worst of traffic. My gym is even 15km one way. Everything is rush rush.

                  If you have no time to prep it all in the morning, prep it the evening before. Get all the salad stuff done for the whole week, chop it all up. Get an electric grill, it makes cooking meat in one shot real quick in like 10 minutes and it's healthier.

                  Believe me... this is the bodybuilder/fitness way.. and these people including myself eat a lot more than the average person and do it in a disciplined manner so... to make life easier, do it like this to save time. So.. the fact you eat even less, means you have to prep less. You just need to re-evaluate yourself and your time and organize better.

                  There is no 'but i got no time', anyone who gives me this excuse I wana smack them on the head because of how little time I had in my daily life due to work and everything else. You just haven't tried it and think it's difficult. It's all about time management.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Wasting food.

                    ^ I always have that excuse about not having enough time, but I think I've done well. I take some home made stinky curry :-) lol and snathc some fruits from the fruit bowl and off I go, sometimes when I don't have lunch, I just get the meal deal from boots lol
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Wasting food.

                      Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                      It is feasible, you just haven't given it much thought. Trust me. I have had the most crazyiest of schedules. Try commuting every day 60km one way for work in the worst of traffic. My gym is even 15km one way. Everything is rush rush.

                      If you have no time to prep it all in the morning, prep it the evening before. Get all the salad stuff done for the whole week, chop it all up. Get an electric grill, it makes cooking meat in one shot real quick in like 10 minutes and it's healthier.

                      Believe me... this is the bodybuilder/fitness way.. and these people including myself eat a lot more than the average person and do it in a disciplined manner so... to make life easier, do it like this to save time. So.. the fact you eat even less, means you have to prep less. You just need to re-evaluate yourself and your time and organize better.

                      There is no 'but i got no time', anyone who gives me this excuse I wana smack them on the head because of how little time I had in my daily life due to work and everything else. You just haven't tried it and think it's difficult. It's all about time management.
                      Oh gosh. I feel any second you will start screaming "100 sit ups NOW!"

                      I've lost track on what we are talking about.
                      Okay breakfast, your right i will have to organise that more better. But i can't see how this is relating to anything...

                      @ yasin lol... your so like me. Down a glass of milk grab a fruit and rush off.
                      Bye...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Wasting food.

                        ^ lol I agree on your comment about the 100 sit ups, Ahmed2013 sounds like a gym addict/freak, brother you're OBSESSED lol

                        The Boots shaper's range isn't so bad. I don't miss breakfast, that's important for me, otherwise I'll collapse, but I have a few times (getting up late and being a lazy sod) and ended up having a brioche bun in the car :-( bad move lol

                        they've got the new Weetabix milk drink out now, I'm going to try that! last minute breakfast- life saver- no chewing required, so I won't be late for work -yippee, got too many warnings for that hahaha
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Wasting food.

                          I put the food in the fridge and whenever i make it, i make it so there's enough.

                          If only we all cooperated.

                          Hate food-wasting.

                          لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Wasting food.

                            Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            ^ lol I agree on your comment about the 100 sit ups, Ahmed2013 sounds like a gym addict/freak, brother you're OBSESSED lol

                            The Boots shaper's range isn't so bad. I don't miss breakfast, that's important for me, otherwise I'll collapse, but I have a few times (getting up late and being a lazy sod) and ended up having a brioche bun in the car :-( bad move lol

                            they've got the new Weetabix milk drink out now, I'm going to try that! last minute breakfast- life saver- no chewing required, so I won't be late for work -yippee, got too many warnings for that hahaha
                            lol lazy and undisciplined people call disciplined people obsessed/addict/freak/etc...

                            It's good advice, if you give it some thought as you'll become organized and save time and get results. After a while it becomes habbit and routine. Everything is habit. People develop good habits or bad habits, you have the ability chose and change into what you want. It's all a matter of self-discipline nothing more.

                            Eating whatever on the go = you over eat, you under eat, you waste time, you waste money, you waste food, etc...

                            Meh, some people get it some people don't. No one is forcing you into anything just giving you good advice :)

                            "I don't have time" is also the adult version of "the dog ate my homework". Everyone has time, they just don't organize their time well.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Wasting food.

                              Originally posted by F_R View Post
                              I put the food in the fridge and whenever i make it, i make it so there's enough.

                              If only we all cooperated.

                              Hate food-wasting.
                              Yup. It's very common among fitness athletes to cook meals for a whole week in one shot. My food is made for the whole day per day. Salad ingredients are prepped once per week in one shot (cleaning, chopping, etc...)

                              No need to cook a thousand times a day. You simply plan and adjust your day out.

                              Eating out unless it's a night out is a waste of money and usually not only more expensive but not as filling or at least not as healthy (cheap ingridients, cheap fatty greasy seasonings, bad cooking method maybe, etc...) . 20 bux for two meals of say sheesh kababs, rice, salad, etc.. outside.. vs 20 bux of chicken breast. You do the math...
                              Last edited by Ahmed2013; 26-01-14, 04:53 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Wasting food.

                                Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
                                Anas said: "The prophet ordered us not to leave anything in the plate and he said: "You do not know in which portion of your food Allah has put the Barakah "(Blessing). (Muslim)
                                Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                                Yes 1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 to let him breathe so we become comfortable... subhanallah that is so true.

                                Jzk.
                                I always get conflicted between these two hadith, because american meals are usually gigantic. I don't like putting more than I can eat on my plate, but I can't stop other people from doing it. Then I feel guilty because I can't eat it all and (1) they get insulted/feelings hurt (2) they just throw all that food away. I was raised to 'clean my plate' and I still get screamed at if I try to take the food out to feed the strays instead of throwing it in the garbage.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X