Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wasting food.

Originally posted by Nashmia View Post
    you should always try to never waste food.

i hate e.g on tv programmes for a joke they throw around food and it's so ignorant.

sad fact is poor people would literally eat off the floor of the food they've thrown and for them it's a joke. an expense they spare not thinking of those suffering from poverty.

it's obviously disrespectful to what Allah has given us too.
    me too, I notice this on some game shows and think to myself I hope that was not real milk/pie or whatever it is- but that's stupid, of course it is, the UK alone wastes a lot of food, households buy in bulk and end up throwing more than what they thought they would consume- it's greed. People go crazy on Christmas eves, have you lot noticed? people panic and end up buying more out of fear lol,' just in case' one day of starvation on Christmas day

You should compost food, as food that ends up in landfills gives off the gas methane which is toxic to living species
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Nashmia View Post
      you should always try to never waste food.

i hate e.g on tv programmes for a joke they throw around food and it's so ignorant.

sad fact is poor people would literally eat off the floor of the food they've thrown and for them it's a joke. an expense they spare not thinking of those suffering from poverty.

it's obviously disrespectful to what Allah has given us too.
      It is disrespectful. To what Allah (swt) has provided us and also disrespectful to those that beg for just a small slice of bread to survive the night. i feel i let everybody down including myself. I have never watched such shows with food wasted, i am sure those children shows they used to use muck which is like painted gloop.

@ yasin. My family sometimes buy and freeze it so it can last for quite a while. Literally there are no space in the freezer. Especially for meat and stuff.

We do somewhat similar but we use the recycle bins for vegetable peels, and unedible food. I assume they do something productive with that. We haven't done homemade compost. How is it done?
      Bye...

Comment

theres a utube channel called HowtoBasic.
        If you wanna see food being wasted, you should see the vids there. 100% You would be shocked.
        They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

^ you just mix it with the soil, it's good for the soil, but it depends what type of soil you have in your garden. It's not too complicated, just requires some mixing up and waiting lol. you need a compost bin for it as well, so when all the food has turned in to a 'lump' you can use it for plants, or add it to normal soil. Also some councils provide the bin free of charge others want you to pay for it

Check the link below, illustrations make it easier to understand

http://www.recyclenow.com/home_compo...p_by_step.html
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Jzk yasin. I will look at it. The bin looks so cute as well.
            Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
              If you wanna see food being wasted, you should see the vids there. 100% You would be shocked.
              Is it the videos that splash food around and over fills things?

Because i saw something similar a few months ago when i was looking on how to make brownies... i was really disturbed. I thought he had anger problems but its clear he is looking for entertainment and attention. Its wrong, so wrong... so much food wasted. Idk if thats the same person but i remember the word how in his channel name. I don't like it and i am confused why some people find it funny.
              Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                Is it the videos that splash food around and over fills things?

Because i saw something similar a few months ago when i was looking on how to make brownies... i was really disturbed. I thought he had anger problems but its clear he is looking for entertainment and attention. Its wrong, so wrong... so much food wasted. Idk if thats the same person but i remember the word how in his channel name. I don't like it and i am confused why some people find it funny.
                its not even a he lol. Its a she.

but yeah, somethings wrong with that person.

Comment

People need to learn to eat out of necessity not out of shear pleasure. This is the big difference and this is how people will often waste food, get fat, etc..

I eat tons of food, too much for most people but just adequate for me as I'm physically active therefore for me it's a necessity. However how I manage to eat as much as I eat is to eat many 'small' meals (for me anyway...) throughout the day (5-7 on average).

Most people on the other hand will try to eat giant 2-3 meals every day and yes waste food..

Comment

its not even a he lol. Its a she.

but yeah, somethings wrong with that person.
                    Oh. I apologize. I don't remember much from the video.
                    But she really made me upset.
                    Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                      Oh. I apologize. I don't remember much from the video.
                      But she really made me upset.
                      well yeah, i understand why

Comment

Or another one which I won't mention. But they make calorific versions of food like lasagne for example. Literally the calorie counter was in the 10s of thousands o_o Made me nauseous watching it when a friend showed it to me :vomit:
                        ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                        U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                          People need to learn to eat out of necessity not out of shear pleasure. This is the big difference and this is how people will often waste food, get fat, etc..

I eat tons of food, too much for most people but just adequate for me as I'm physically active therefore for me it's a necessity. However how I manage to eat as much as I eat is to eat many 'small' meals (for me anyway...) throughout the day (5-7 on average).

Most people on the other hand will try to eat giant 2-3 meals every day and yes waste food..
                          I did eat out of necessity. It was my lunch
                          I also eat my portion amount, because at home i serve myself what i am capable of eating. I do however have 3 meals a day, because that suits me.

I did not intend to eat a giant meal, i was not aware how giant the meals are where i got my meal from. I am know more knowledgable and will try and avoid getting food there again.
                          Bye...

Comment

I know this may seem hard at first but plan your meals for the whole day. It will not only be easier to manage your food intake it will also be easier to have everything ready for the whole day, less time in the kitchen.

Carry your food with you in small organized containers.

And never throw food away, I get really upset at my family if I don't finish something for some reason and they decide to throw it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                              Or another one which I won't mention. But they make calorific versions of food like lasagne for example. Literally the calorie counter was in the 10s of thousands o_o Made me nauseous watching it when a friend showed it to me :vomit:
                              Calorific? Huh.

Did they test the calories in lasagnas? 10s thousand is abit too much for a lasagna... like at most maybe 1000 calories in a slice of lasagna..
                              Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
                                I know this may seem hard at first but plan your meals for the whole day. It will not only be easier to manage your food intake it will also be easier to have everything ready for the whole day, less time in the kitchen.

Carry your food with you in small organized containers.

And never throw food away, I get really upset at my family if I don't finish something for some reason and they decide to throw it away.
                                That is not feasible since... my breakfast is based on how much time i have. My lunch is always sandwiches. And dinner depends on what my mother makes that day. So i really have little control over my meal.

But jzk for that tip i do however love small containers. You could use it for carrot sticks and cucmbers and olives, and all sorts of snacks. Love small containers.
                                Bye...

Comment

Working...
                                X